What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your pass mark for 2020

Where will we finish in 2020

• 1-4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-6

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • 7-8

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Not in the top 8

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Top 4

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Top 6

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Top 8

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters

gordsy

Juniors
They never do though, no matter how much wishful thinking I do or who retires. Watched their trial game, nothing to play for and they are just competitive/winners. The Raiders though I agree will slip out of the top 4.
I'll say one thing for Bellamy he coaches players to know their role and do be bloody consistent in how they do it. I remember watching Slater talk about why they win last year it was only a few minutes on the 100% footy show but it was a real eye opener as to why they are so good.

axl rose

Bench
I'll say one thing for Bellamy he coaches players to know their role and do be bloody consistent in how they do it. I remember watching Slater talk about why they win last year it was only a few minutes on the 100% footy show but it was a real eye opener as to why they are so good.
If he teaches Brenko Lee how to tackle/into a consistent first grader ill declare him the greatest coach of all time.

Fordy20

Juniors
I don't think we are a lock for the top 8, but we should go close. Madge has done a fantastic job and our forward pack looks better and has more depth than anything I've seen in the past five years. On the surface, we seem to have more depth and competition for positions in the back 5 as well, but unlike the forwards, it's driven by a lack of class more than anything else. Apart from BJ, no one really seems to stand up and demand selection beyond what their team mates offer.

If we had gone into this season with Liddle at hooker and a talented young fullback like the ones we were targeting, I reckon it wouldn't have mattered who was in the other backline positions, we would have been playing finals football. However, we're going into Round 1 missing out on players like Grant and Brittain at hooker as well as Lomax and Brimson at fullback. I think the Walters/Reynolds combo can do a job, just like either AD or Thompson can at fullback, but it feels like we're treading water for another year. It's still too early to be expecting blokes like Zac Cini and Jake Simpkins to make the step up.

I'm not expecting big things this year, but I'm pretty excited the direction Madge is taking this club and if the board is smart enough to extend him, I reckon we can look forward to playing finals football regularly.

The unknown

Juniors

Mate I’m adamant he couldve turned Kyle Lovett into a semi decent 1st grader, the bloke is a genius

Tiger05

First Grade
I don't think we are a lock for the top 8, but we should go close. Madge has done a fantastic job and our forward pack looks better and has more depth than anything I've seen in the past five years. On the surface, we seem to have more depth and competition for positions in the back 5 as well, but unlike the forwards, it's driven by a lack of class more than anything else. Apart from BJ, no one really seems to stand up and demand selection beyond what their team mates offer.

If we had gone into this season with Liddle at hooker and a talented young fullback like the ones we were targeting, I reckon it wouldn't have mattered who was in the other backline positions, we would have been playing finals football. However, we're going into Round 1 missing out on players like Grant and Brittain at hooker as well as Lomax and Brimson at fullback. I think the Walters/Reynolds combo can do a job, just like either AD or Thompson can at fullback, but it feels like we're treading water for another year. It's still too early to be expecting blokes like Zac Cini and Jake Simpkins to make the step up.

I'm not expecting big things this year, but I'm pretty excited the direction Madge is taking this club and if the board is smart enough to extend him, I reckon we can look forward to playing finals football regularly.

Spot on. We have a weakness at 9 and fullback. The guys there may do the job but they don't look great. There is a chance those guys though perform to a high standard.

super_coach

First Grade
First thing they need to do if they want to play finals footy...is stop finishing on the wrong side of the penalty count and fifty fifty calls. Plenty of people blame the refs, but we also Have a real problem with discipline. Once you get a reputation it’s hard to get the refs back on side

The unknown

Juniors
First thing they need to do if they want to play finals footy...is stop finishing on the wrong side of the penalty count and fifty fifty calls. Plenty of people blame the refs, but we also Have a real problem with discipline. Once you get a reputation it’s hard to get the refs back on side

We got reamed 9-3 in the penalty count on Sunday which makes our defence on the weekend seem even more impressive

But I don’t think it will be an indication of our discipline this year, probably Maguire telling his players to test the boundaries of the refs this year.

Das Hassler

Bench
Sorry to bring a downer to a fun thread but my pass mark is to not have any players get sick or worse ...i honestly can't see this season playing out for any of the contact sports..
stay a metre away from anyone spraying droplets?!......as soon as one player or member of any club's training staff comes down with the virus then the 2020 season will come to a jarring halt and with the predicted spread that seems only a matter of time....sure hope it doesn't happen but i'll be surprised if we get too many rounds down the track before the government pulls the plug under pandemic powers

Again...sorry for the downer...stay safe people. .

Shredder

Juniors
For me, I call this another rebuilding year, which is fine.

Im not looking for a finish at a certain spot. I do think we will make the finals, but I say that every year.

I want to see consistency, I want to see players own their positions and I want to NOT see blow out scores against us.

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
I'll be happy with being in the 8 as this is Madge's first time overseeing the roster, a good showing will see more quality players interested in joining us.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I have tried to give up on Tigers multiple times, but every time I've tried to support another team my heart is just not in it. The best analogy would be that the other teams are smoking hot women and Tigers are just a normal dude. I've tried banging these women but my heart just wants to be gay with this regular dude who seems to let me down every single year.

Point I'm trying to make is that I'm in this for the long haul. Players come and go but for the first time I genuinely feel like we have a coach with a long term vision and a genuine drive to get results.

I'm not sold that we will make finals but I feel like Madge is going to surprise us with something we aren't expecting

super_coach

First Grade
Sorry to bring a downer to a fun thread but my pass mark is to not have any players get sick or worse ...i honestly can't see this season playing out for any of the contact sports..
stay a metre away from anyone spraying droplets?!......as soon as one player or member of any club's training staff comes down with the virus then the 2020 season will come to a jarring halt and with the predicted spread that seems only a matter of time....sure hope it doesn't happen but i'll be surprised if we get too many rounds down the track before the government pulls the plug under pandemic powers

Again...sorry for the downer...stay safe people. .

Without doubt there is a real chance the 2020 season will be disrupted or even canned at some time due to the virus. Time will tell, but it’s hard to know how they are going to stop a massive spread without a vaccine and that is a long way off at present

Latest posts