What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brittian, clune and Cody Ramsey

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
They have all been upgraded to top 30 .
So all available for NRL from now on.
Good news
Sorry Ramsey in development squad only

Thanks for the club news, Samy.
With no CEO to advise the many fans of what’s happening...... any news from those within is appreciated.

qld redvee

Juniors
tongue in cheek guys - obviuosly the lafai wing experiment failed so now we are looking outside for a replacement ...
I like how millward says we are missing Pearson yet old supercoach dod the yo yo treaetment on him for a while last year ... does mary have any idea at all ( stupid question i know)
and the luke deal has that wasted spot on it especially as he is not an 80 minute player - obviously supercoach wanted him as a sub off the bench ( great work maestro )

What happens with JDB ? at this stage he is still in top 30 so when does the club do something - samy george any ideas ??

lets hope clune gets a go to show his wares and pressures the norman and hunt show
All we need is Williame to seriously put pressure on the cut and paste twins

LINESPEED

Juniors
So they are looking for a winger to spend some money on. Why not promote Ramsey into the 30 and play him on the wing?
Honestly why can't an under 20s players of the year get a starting wing spot in NRL. Ohh, because its Dragons.

He’s the most obvious threat to Turnstile Crush - won’t happen anytime soon.
McAmnesia conveniently shelves Cody’s efforts

Only a hammy off the bone will change the farce of our once sacred No 3

...6 weeks to go

Last edited:

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
LMFAO
Wouldn’t it be great to get 1 on 1 with him and see how many names he could think of let alone get correct.

OT, I reckon that there would be plenty of names he wouldn't know especially anyone outside the 17 who plays centre or is younger than 22. But it is part of Mary's culture to know all the nicknames- reckon he could rattle off the lot. After all isn't that what being an NRL coach is all about? As far as Mary is concerned it doesn't included picking the best players, giving youth a go or rotating the bench with a little commonsense.

But I want to end with a positive - Clune is a really good, if overdue, signing and it seems Brittain could be a handy pick-up. Wow! Three ex-Rabbits at hooker! There has been plenty of positive comments here on Tyrell and Williame - maybe Possum's mate Millward might have got a thing or two right this pre-season.

denis preston

First Grade
OT, I reckon that there would be plenty of names he wouldn't know especially anyone outside the 17 who plays centre or is younger than 22. But it is part of Mary's culture to know all the nicknames- reckon he could rattle off the lot. After all isn't that what being an NRL coach is all about? As far as Mary is concerned it doesn't included picking the best players, giving youth a go or rotating the bench with a little commonsense.

But I want to end with a positive - Clune is a really good, if overdue, signing and it seems Brittain could be a handy pick-up. Wow! Three ex-Rabbits at hooker! There has been plenty of positive comments here on Tyrell and Williame - maybe Possum's mate Millward might have got a thing or two right this pre-season.

I am still getting over the fact that he doesn't attend all Canterbury cup games ( even when they don't clash with NRL ) so why would he know all the players. Surely someone correct me on this one, it cant be true can it ? Did Head tell baldy to stay out of the dressing room last year and that's why he got canned at the end of the season , only to be remarkably retained ?

Old Timer

Coach
So they are looking for a winger to spend some money on. Why not promote Ramsey into the 30 and play him on the wing?
Honestly why can't an under 20s players of the year get a starting wing spot in NRL. Ohh, because its Dragons.
There could not have been anything more clunky or bumble fingered than the Morris twins when they debuted especially the great B Moz who was just shy of his 20th birthday and became the best winger in the world and proved more than capable in other positions.
Gould & Co used to take the piss out of them for all their horrible mistakes but now they are 33 we sit and wonder why they aren’t both in the Big Red V
Both turned out wonderful players at all levels of the game and in the meanwhile we want to deny a young man who has the same if not even greater potential
I know what a good coach would do with Ramsey thank god Mc Fookknuckle wasn’t coach when the Morris’s were young.

Como Connection

First Grade
I am still getting over the fact that he doesn't attend all Canterbury cup games ( even when they don't clash with NRL ) so why would he know all the players. Surely someone correct me on this one, it cant be true can it ? Did Head tell baldy to stay out of the dressing room last year and that's why he got canned at the end of the season , only to be remarkably retained ?
Head cannot cop Mary at all.
CC

Dragonsamy

Bench

Dennis
Not sure what heady might have said to mary but Mary is very rarely there to watch the cc games even when they're both on the same ground he won't bother to watch the game. I did notice when we played the Roosters that Trent Robinson sat there and watched a lot of the Bears Games as they were there feeder club last year if marry does he must hide somewhere because I've never seen him at any of the cc Cup games and I'm at most of them

denis preston

First Grade
Dennis
Not sure what heady might have said to mary but Mary is very rarely there to watch the cc games even when they're both on the same ground he won't bother to watch the game. I did notice when we played the Roosters that Trent Robinson sat there and watched a lot of the Bears Games as they were there feeder club last year if marry does he must hide somewhere because I've never seen him at any of the cc Cup games and I'm at most of them

Jesus, you would think it was part of his KPI's to attend CC games as he is selecting the NRL side ! How could the board tolerate this ? We need Chris Masters to do a expose on the workings of this club and how one individual employee can hold the board to ransom.I'd love to know WTF is going on behind the scenes !

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Mary would see Head as a threat as he has a solid winning ratio. Between 2016-2019:-
78 Wins
5 Draws
41 Losses
His winning ratio is 62.9% whereas Mary's is 48%. I know who I would prefer as coach! Head's success rate is right up there with Provan and Langlands. A success rate of 62.9% would get you in the Top 4 every year.

possm

Coach

But so many members on here keep telling me that Mary makes the recruitment/retention/pathways decisions