What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
We never discussed how we signed RCG to a 5yrs deal.
I would never sign a forward for more then 3yrs. At some point this will bite us on bum. Hopefully only the 5th year.

Spooner

Juniors
I would never sign a forward for more then 3yrs. At some point this will bite us on bum. Hopefully only the 5th year.
There’s not many forwards with a deal that extends that far out. I suppose we had to match and better his existing contract terms.

hindy111

Post Whore
There’s not many forwards with a deal that extends that far out. I suppose we had to match and better his existing contract terms.

Just an interesting one if we plan to lose N.Brown next season. RCG must change attitude if he makes an impact. He seems to have games where h puts in and ones he doesn't.

Well Hindy, your BoB mate Rammy thought that the signing of RCG on a 5 year deal was great, and you liked to the post.

Barring injury, this guy will be awesome. He is just getting back to his better form. With a fair dinkum hard as nuts full off season, I think he will excel under Arthur who has very simple game plans.

By the way, there was lots of discussion of the merits of the 5 year deal on this thread

Bandwagon

Staff member
Well Hindy, your BoB mate Rammy thought that the signing of RCG on a 5 year deal was great, and you liked to the post.

By the way, there was lots of discussion of the merits of the 5 year deal on this thread

So much gnashing of teeth over contracts that aren't worth the paper they're written on, until of course they magically are.

strider

Post Whore
As long as penruff are paying a chunk of it

Im guessing we believe we have a window ... So penruff are paying alot in the early years, which gives us more cap in our window

hineyrulz

Post Whore
As long as penruff are paying a chunk of it

Im guessing we believe we have a window ... So penruff are paying alot in the early years, which gives us more cap in our window
The Eels normally only have a wall, having a window for a change is very exciting!!

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Just an interesting one if we plan to lose N.Brown next season. RCG must change attitude if he makes an impact. He seems to have games where h puts in and ones he doesn't.
My wild theory is (based on nothing but a bit of innuendo from posters on here)
  • Stephano stays
  • Nrown goes to Tigers as compensation
  • We heavily target Difita
  • Matterson goes to 13 to replace Nrown.
  • Done deal. Period.

84 Baby

Referee
Please elaborate.
HoarseGrizzledEyas-size_restricted.gif

TheRam

Coach

Where do I say 5 years was great. We signed him on less then what he was on at the Panthers and probably less then what he would have gotten if he was playing anywhere near his best form. So it should be a great signing. Will it be great for the full 5 years? Who knows, the odds are against it, but who knows? The point of his signing is to get the best available front rower on offer that won't bust the bank and that should play well during the next 2-3 years, which most of us here and the club probably think are our Premiership window.

So I'm sure that most, when viewing his signing under that scenario, would agree it is a great signing.

hindy111

Post Whore
  • Stephano stays
  • Done deal. Period.

My theory is....

Matto stay where is

We let Brown go.

Marata goes to lock

We have Kafusi,Stefabo,Hughes and Hollis getting ready for the middle and want to keep then all

Glenneel

Bench
Hopefully Penruff are still paying some of the freight in the 5th year.

Glenneel

Bench
  • Stephano stays
  • Done deal. Period.
Stefano had a chance to show us something in Bega trial and showed sfa. In fact he looked uninterested and plodded during the whole match. Kaufusi on the other hand showed he wants to be in the top 17 with a strong performance. I have no idea why we are wasting about $200k on Stefano based on what I saw, give it to someone who actually wants to play.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I still consider Browny to be our best forward, and up until Moses' rise last year our best player.
I know I’m in the minority but I think Nrown is a bit overrated. Decent player but probably not worth the coin I reckon we’re paying him (>550k).

I don’t hold out any hope of @Soren Lorenson ’s prediction coming off but if it did we’d be an infinitely better side.

Glenneel

Bench
One week to go before team list tuesday. Hooray.

The top 13 pick themselves with Blake apparently fit for round 1 and Sivo not suspended so only contentious decisions are who'll make up the bench. The bench I think BA will pick is:
Evans
Niukore, both automatic picks.
Think BA will pick Alvero, can be a bit of a plodder but is good defender and slowly developing an offload. Kaufusi will be next if Alvero not picked imo. Hope Terepo (always at least 1 error a game) not picked.
Final pick will be Stone as a backup to Mahoney. If not picked think Taka will be the player.
What do you think?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I know I’m in the minority but I think Nrown is a bit overrated. Decent player but probably not worth the coin I reckon we’re paying him (>550k).

I don’t hold out any hope of @Soren Lorenson ’s prediction coming off but if it did we’d be an infinitely better side.
I reckon he’s a gun player but a bit of a hog, the amount of time he continually stifles the attack in the opposition 20m drives me nuts.

Latest posts