What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ravalava

Wittenberg

Juniors
Sorry I don’t see Rava becoming a top notch winger or centre for that matter, and Saab has not been overly impressive. He has time but he has looked tentative and simply has not gotten involved when on the park. So far he has not shown himself to be a damaging runner. Mind you Mary has given him little time on the field. I think we need to be careful that we don’t see Rava and Saab through a light driven by the desperation that we feel over having a backline containing two sub standard centres.

possm

Coach
Sorry I don’t see Rava becoming a top notch winger or centre for that matter, and Saab has not been overly impressive. He has time but he has looked tentative and simply has not gotten involved when on the park. So far he has not shown himself to be a damaging runner. Mind you Mary has given him little time on the field. I think we need to be careful that we don’t see Rava and Saab through a light driven by the desperation that we feel over having a backline containing two sub standard centres.
Anyone on the right wing outside Aitken is not going to shine in attack or defence. Drop Aitken and then judge Saab.

blacksafake

First Grade
Would probably help if they, especially Saab had the support & confidence of L plate instead of knowing they only have limited opportunities.

Dragsters

First Grade
Would probably help if they, especially Saab had the support & confidence of L plate instead of knowing they only have limited opportunities.

This.

If Paul employs the same selection criteria for wing spots as he did last year then all of our wingers stand little chance of gaining the confidence required to excel in the top grade.

Rookies WILL make errors but without support, confidence is difficult to achieve and maintain...

NRLMad

Juniors
I think we need to go buy a winger.
Saab is snappable, aitken is not a good centre, rava just doesn’t seem to be smart enough and has pace at times and no pace at others, he seems lazy and out of position. Can’t catch, worth an error or two per game. Sometimes you need to look from the outside in. What would any other team think of these duds? They’d lick their lips.

Belta

Juniors
Saab is snappable, aitken is not a good centre, rava just doesn’t seem to be smart enough and has pace at times and no pace at others, he seems lazy and out of position. Can’t catch, worth an error or two per game. Sometimes you need to look from the outside in. What would any other team think of these duds? They’d lick their lips.

Think Saab will, surprise, stronger than he looks and his height and athleticism may make him Tupou like, but I remember for a long time not rating Tupou but he’s just got better and better, perhaps with patience we may have own version. I can agree with your comments on Rav, harsh but true, but whilst we wait for a few youngsters to hit their straps it’s probably not gunna hurt to fill this gap year in with Rav, just in case he improves, he’s got some important ups, being physically strong carrying the ball back being one and he may just need someone like Flannagan to fix those weaknesses, as when Cronulla won the comp Flannagan had his backs firing, also think ravs handling may be slight better, well soon see.

Morotti

Juniors
Rawalava I don't think will be our answer at wing.

He is a strong kick returner of the football but he doesn't seem to understand the finer points of the game.

He is an athlete without being a footballer.

The problem with flooding a young winger in Saab is that we also have a fullback and the other winger who are young and/or inexperienced. Easy if you have consistency in those positions and the new kid can find his feet. But we are asking a lot of the rookie Saab to come straight into the team at a time like this.

Also easy if we didn't have so much controversy and media attention surrounding the club's performance last year and in general etc

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
This.

If Paul employs the same selection criteria for wing spots as he did last year then all of our wingers stand little chance of gaining the confidence required to excel in the top grade.

Rookies WILL make errors but without support, confidence is difficult to achieve and maintain...

Either a player has the talent and skills necessary to succeed at NRL level.

Ravalawa doesn’t.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

It’s a bit late to acquire a quality winger. This should’ve been done ever since Brett Morris had enough of Paul McGregor way back in 2014. Incidentally, six additional years (excluding injuries) of proven try scoring ability could have been harvested, but no, instead the club has bought plonkers such as Nabuli and Ravalawa.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

One only needs to look at Saab in Perth to see his tentativeness. His failure to score probably cost SGI the Nines title.