What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2020 Predictions

Eelementary

Post Whore
Where will we finish? 4th

Best player? Nathan Brown

Biggest disappointment? Maika Sivo

The first rookie to make NRL debut? Stefano Utoikamanu

Surprise packet? Ray Stone

Breakout year? Oregon Kaufusi

Best retention? Nathan Brown

The biggest name we let go? Michael Jennings

Biggest signing? David Fifita

hindy111

Post Whore
I actually support this. Nathan Brown is in the NSW SOO fringe now and his next contract will be a biggie. Time to be more like Melbourne and let him go and let the succession plan take care of the rest.

I don't think his next contract will be a biggie. I reckon most clubs know his worth. 400k - 450k would be about right. I don't think he is on the fringe of origin. He will be 28 by time 2021 season starts with most his nest footy done. If Stefano costs 300k I am unsure it's a good deal. I'd prefer Brown.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think boiling it down to replacing solely Brown with solely Usikamanu is also dumb

I reckon Matterson woukd be an ideal lock. It's when he went up a gear for the Tigers. Just means we would need to find en edge forward.

hindy111

Post Whore
Indeed letting Brown go and signing Stefano will put money in the cap to increase our purchasing power for a replacement of Alvaro or Evans. We also have Hughes etc that will come into the top 30.

Fair point on Hughes and Hollis. Two promising middles.
It depends what Brown and Stefano cost. Do you think many clubs would pay a lot more then 400k for Brown?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Merkins like Joe Stimson. He's definitely comparable to Nathan Brown.
Tohu Harris and Proctor are both better players than Brown. Glasby has played Origin (though IMO he's a worse player than Brown) and Welch is as good as Brown (IMO), and they were happy for him to sign elsewhere. I dare say they were pissed when he got injured and we pulled our offer.

They've also lost a couple of NRL quality centres, replacing them with nuffies in their attempt to manage the cap.

Gronk

Staff member
Where will we finish? 9th

Best player? Moses

Biggest disappointment? Sivo / RCG

The first rookie to make NRL debut? Stefano Utoikamanu

Surprise packet? Stone

Breakout year? STONE

Best retention? Nathan Brown

The biggest name we let go? Jennings

Biggest signing? Nobody

Chipmunk

Coach
I predict we will have a very strong season in 2020.

The only reason that we shouldn't make the Top 8 is if we have some significant long term injuries.

The team is settled, the coaching staff obviously has the team it wants and is happy with, considering we have signed virtually all our Top 17 beyond this season.

In 2018, we were disappointing after a good season the year before, but in my opinion at the time, we never had a solid foundation to that success in 2017 and appeared to have significant squad balance problems, so it wasn't completely surprising that we had a disappointing season in 2018. There is none of the issues that impacted the team in 2018 currently remaining in the organisation in 2020.

Outside of significant injuries, there is ZERO excuses that this squad will have for not having a very strong season.

I will be at a loss if we're not one of the strongest teams in the comp most of the year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We still lack a bit of experience but there's plenty of talent. On paper it's the best team since 2005, maybe longer.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
He did make some predictions @Avenger. You just have to go back a few pages.

Where will we finish? 17th

Best player?
Davey

Biggest disappointment?
Moses' missed conversion in round 5.

The first rookie to make NRL debut?
Sorry, I don't follow the lower grades.

Surprise packet?
Oregon. Does anyone know how big he is?

Breakout year?
BA. After 6 shit years, I really think he'll deliver this year.

Best retention?
Bernie Gurr's PA. Still no sign of the dead hookers.

The biggest name we let go?
Joey Johns.

Biggest signing?
Cameron Munster. He will be doing the munster mash in the blue and gold in 2021

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Double post
forza_combination_rugby_soccer_goal_posts_1.jpg

Latest posts