What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Squad

So am i reading the squad list right and we have 4 development players that are guaranteed to move into the top 30 next year?

With the Parra kids that wont leave many spots open for recruitment. Fingers crossed we wont need to much recruitment.
But they won't all be there next year Perth Tiger.

Player Contracted seasons
Josh Aloiai 2020 2021
Luke Brooks 2020 2021 2022 2023
Michael Chee-Kam 2020 2021
Oliver Clark 2020 #
Adam Doueihi 2020 2021 2022 2023
Matt Eisenhuth 2020 #
Luke Garner 2020 2021 2022
Robert Jennings 2020 #
Chris Lawrence 2020 *
Joey Leilua 2020 2021 2022
Luciano Leilua 2020 2021 2022
Jacob Liddle 2020 2021
Benji Marshall 2020 *
Moses Mbye 2020 2021 2022
Sam McIntyre 2020 #
Chris McQueen 2020 *
Thomas Mikaele 2020 2021
Paul Momirovski 2020 #
Zane Musgrove 2020 2021
David Nofoaluma 2020 2021
Russell Packer 2020 2021 ?
Josh Reynolds 2020 2021
Alex Seyfarth 2020 #
Dylan Smith 2020 #
Tommy Talau 2020 2021 2022
Elijah Taylor 2020 *
Corey Thompson 2020 2021
Alex Twal 2020 2021 2022
Stefano Utoikamanu 2021 2022 2023
Billy Walters 2020 2021

IMO I’d put a line through those marked *

Then there’s Packer with a big ? re medical retirement, plus some guys who have to put in big time if they want to stay, marked with a #. Don't forget Liddle, etc etc

So perhaps there will be some dollars to spare.

Das Hassler

Bench
I doubt Talau will lock down a spot this season unless it's to cover injuries....undoubted talent but i think he'll be more rocks than diamonds for a while yet

* i'll be more than delighted to be proved wrong about that

Well..seems the Melbourne swap is still on so i guess Talau will be in the mix

The unknown

Juniors
It's only my opinion and the clubs and the QLD SOO selectors opinions as well but hey what we would all know.

I think Mbye is clearly the better player at this point and I like Momo. If Momo keeps improving or gets a chance he may take it though. I don't think Madge is the type of coach to play favourites.

I do think madge regrets making the dud captain at the start of last year however it would be hypocritical to go back on it 1 year later. Benji is my true captain anyway

AJB1102

First Grade
Pretty well what you said.. sadly when he was injured my heart didnt skip a beat what so ever. Decent bloke and all but his ability just doesnt scream pick me in any single position.

I'm not ragging shit - my club has an overpaid dud or 2 - but at least Mbye puts in and is a well-spoken and good representative of your club.

But he's on elite money and doesn't command a position in, no offense, a team not exactly brimming with stars. If I'm paying a bloke near $900k I want him to be my no-brainer 1st choice in the spine somewhere. No doubt he's fulfilling his media/off-field commitments but thats not really where it matters to fans.

Tiger05

First Grade
but at least Mbye puts in

I don't get the pea heart comments against him. It's just bullshit. The guy puts in. The problem is that he doesn't have a set position plus he is supposedly overpaid but I get he impression is salary to us is nowhere near what people state.

WA Tiger

Bench
I don't get the pea heart comments against him. It's just bullshit. The guy puts in. The problem is that he doesn't have a set position plus he is supposedly overpaid but I get he impression is salary to us is nowhere near what people state.
But he’s not THAT good 05 ..where’s this undying commitment coming from ..If he was very good or very good in the past I’d understand you know like a legend whose on the decline but WHERE is this coming from ..I mean u usually have reasonable knowledge about the game but to “defend to your last breath” over MOSES MBYE.. what,where, how? Did u know that in sport changing your opinion doesn’t mean your weak

Last edited:

The unknown

Juniors

You might wanna rewatch the games he played at fullback last year where he shirtgrabs people instead of putting his body on the line, I think it was one of the roosters games which was the worst

Tiger05

First Grade
You might wanna rewatch the games he played at fullback last year where he shirtgrabs people instead of putting his body on the line, I think it was one of the roosters games which was the worst

Maybe but I've seen him put in on numerous occasions. What is funny is Reynolds has been so bad and doesn't cop it and is probably on more money.

Whatever though. I just want to win games.

The unknown

Juniors
Maybe but I've seen him put in on numerous occasions. What is funny is Reynolds has been so bad and doesn't cop it and is probably on more money.

Whatever though. I just want to win games.

Maybe Reynolds doesn’t get criticised as much because whenever he puts on the jersey he gives 110%. And he clearly has an energy lift that rubs off on other players. I don’t see that in mbye at all

Anyway I’m hoping mbye can prove me and the other doubters wrong

WA Tiger

Bench
Well..seems the Melbourne swap is still on so i guess Talau will be in the mix
If I was Madge I’d keep Momo in cotton wool all ready for the swap. It’s a head Fk trying to work out who’s where with fullback centre and wing with Talau AD Corey and Jennings ..you’d think Jennings would drop out but from experience that’s easier said than done

Tiger Ted

Bench
He’s not just a pea heart he’s a major league pea heart.The sooner we fk this oxygen thief off the better.

gordsy

Juniors
If Packer doesn't play hopefully we can retire him and get two solid depth players from his $$$

Tigerm

First Grade
If Packer doesn't play hopefully we can retire him and get two solid depth players from his $$$
If he does retire, then we are a FR short imo. So would need to cover this, is there anyone available or in second grade putting there hand up?