What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL "Advertisement" ?

carcharias

Immortal
It does seem to go off subject quite radically.

f**k Macklemore.
Came for one shithouse second
Got his money
Bolted ...never to be seen here again.

Greenberg puts it in the 30 year highlights package .

dumb merkin.

ghoti

Bench
Holy shit calm down...it's an ad. The Turner version itself was designed to bring in a female audience and it worked. It's just marketing crap you must have pretty f**ken thin skin to be this offended by...what? Some highlights, history reels, reenactments and some people kicking a footy around?

Eion

First Grade
Yeah, the NRL probably went over the top with the virtue signalling, but I’m not overly fussed.

The thing I found really weird watching it was bunging in the voiceover “super league tears the game apart” as something that inspired the turbos to play. Why TF would you say that? I think I read they have since removed it.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Well I thought the ad was great. It got me even more hyped for the season than I all ready was

So it showed inclusiveness to Indigenous Australians, women and LGBTs. I wouldn’t call myself a ‘lefty’ but if any of that bothers you, you’re the one with the problem.

It’s not virtue signalling. The more inclusiveness in the game the better

Weaponhead

Coach
Well I thought the ad was great. It got me even more hyped for the season than I all ready was

So it showed inclusiveness to Indigenous Australians, women and LGBTs. I wouldn’t call myself a ‘lefty’ but if any of that bothers you, you’re the one with the problem.

It’s not virtue signalling. The more inclusiveness in the game the better
They could have included clips of players praying together on the field after the game as happens after many NRL games. Players from different teams, different backgrounds united after a tough game.

Or perhaps the Fijian team signing hymns before a game with tears streaming down their faces.

Awesome diversity and inclusion but not in the ad. I guess it just doesnt fit the image....

toomuchsoup

Juniors
They could have included clips of players praying together on the field after the game as happens after many NRL games. Players from different teams, different backgrounds united after a tough game.

Or perhaps the Fijian team signing hymns before a game with tears streaming down their faces.

Awesome diversity and inclusion but not in the ad. I guess it just doesnt fit the image....

yeah good point. but you don’t have to throw the baby out with the bath water. They didn’t include a and b there for you can’t include c and d.

you’re right though, showing the Fijian team singing with tears down their faces would have been a great inclusion

I think religion is stupid but had it shown players praying it wouldn’t have bothered me one bit

Weaponhead

Coach
yeah good point. but you don’t have to throw the baby out with the bath water. They didn’t include a and b there for you can’t include c and d.

you’re right though, showing the Fijian team singing with tears down their faces would have been a great inclusion

I think religion is stupid but had it shown players praying it wouldn’t have bothered me one bit
That's great that you support the principle and are consistent.

Some find the D&I stuff tiresome because it seems to apply in certain ways and not others.

sharkman73

Juniors
celebrating 30 years of rugby league since the Tina Turner campaign & this is the best they have? 2 Lessos kissing? Mitchell waiting for the first fleet? Super league war? Macklemore one love? I reckon heads will roll at NRL headquarters over this. The press will not let up & rightly so. $100 million dollars for this CRAP!!!

Funny how it's always white straight males that get upset by stuff like this.

Funny how it's always white straight males that get upset by stuff like this.
yeah you are probably right. You know what? Lets not change the ad, lets change the game. Just scrub the game played by straight white males & lets jsut have Gay league. Televised by the ABC , Blokes tonguing each other after the games & roll straight into Q&A for a post game show
Sounds awesome man & this ad makes more sense with that.

snout

First Grade
Lost me at hello.

A 'young cameron smith'...
Of course it had to start with him.
Didnt mention chicken wing. 2 contracts. Or alex mckinnon though.

Completely lost me with the extended shot of the aboriginal flag.

Pretty sure this is Australia and pretty sure theres not even a 1 second grab of the national flag.

The ads used to be good once. They were about the footy. The players.

Now its a mashup of arselicking and ticking every minority group box.

Feej

First Grade
Reefy’s milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard yet again.

Gotta love it.

sharkman73

Juniors
yeah you are probably right. You know what? Lets not change the ad, lets change the game. Just scrub the game played by straight white males & lets jsut have Gay league. Televised by the ABC , Blokes tonguing each other after the games & roll straight into Q&A for a post game show
Sounds awesome man & this ad makes more sense with that.

Thanks for proving my point again.

Btw, the game played by white men lol.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Yeah nah - about a 50/50 ranking on the tomato :tomato: meter. Not enough game play and too much irrelevant rubbish.
It’s rugby league, it’s sport, people watch it to get away from their daily grind and history dictates that the viewer generally just wants to watch the game itself. Only good thing is it will hopefully see the back of Greenberg.
End of the day, not sure why they bother with the adverts, same poor beggars are going to tune in - if this is an attempt to grow the game, they are sorely mistaken