What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Actually no. Washing hands is more effective than alcohol based hand sanitizer.

wanna bet ?

soap doesn't kill bacteria but it removes it assuming you get it all and wash thoroughly

alcohol kills the bacteria, you can get rubbing alcohol from the chemist and mix it 50% with vinegar (any type of vinegar) and make your own sanitizer when the virus takes over and all the shops run out of sanitizer

this is what they have suggested at the hospital where my wife the nurse works

it spreads by touch, ie ballustrades, hand rails, door knobs then people touch their face, this is why they recommend the hand sanitizers as being effective in stopping the spread

84 Baby

Referee
alcohol kills the bacteria, you can get rubbing alcohol from the chemist and mix it 50% with vinegar (any type of vinegar) and make your own sanitizer when the virus takes over and all the shops run out of sanitizer
One of these things is not like the other.

But yeah soap is fine for bacteria but alcohol better for viruses.

Gronk

Staff member
wanna bet ?

soap doesn't kill bacteria but it removes it assuming you get it all and wash thoroughly

it spreads by touch, ie ballustrades, hand rails, door knobs then people touch their face, this is why they recommend the hand sanitizers as being effective in stopping the spread
Just going off what allied health professionals are saying.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention-treatment.html

wanna bet ?

While I agree that an alcohol based product is probably a better idea, particularly for people working at a hospital.......the coronavirus is a virus, and not a bacteria. In terms of avoiding catching it in the general population the difference is at best marginal. What is more important is the workflow (i.e. what happens after you wash your hands.......grab a toilet door that every other merkin has been touching up?)

IFR33K

Coach
wanna bet ?

Better watch out mate. @Gronk is a baller. Last time he wanted to bet me a lottery ticket.

Gronk

Staff member
Who wants to be our LU Parra Forum 1% ?

Looks like it just takes out the elderly or those with pre-existing respiratory conditions. Even kids seem to be quite resilient.

giphy.gif

Latest posts