What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Top 8

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
None of you gents have started a generic top 8 thread so I’ll start one off with some banger predictions.

1. Storm
2. Brisbane
3. Manly
4. Souths
5. Panthers
6. Bulldogs
7. Roosters
8. Tigers

9. Eels
10. Cowboys
11. Dragons
12. Knights
13. Warriors
14. Cronulla
15. Canberra
16. Titans

No I haven’t been smoking crack.

I expect some major ladder movement in the name of Roosters, Canberra and Eels. The Roosters are done this year. They can’t keep it up I think they’ll be in the top 8 but on the verge of slipping out. You don’t replace Cronk with an 8 game experience halfback and expect the same results.

Every year 2 teams from the top 8 fall out and one falls out hard. My prediction is Canberra are going to have a rude shock this year and teams aren’t going to fall into their stripping tactics like last year. Eels are getting ridden way too hard and I expect a good start but a really poor finish from them.

Out of all the bottom 8 teams from last year I think Penrith, Tigers, Bulldogs and Cowboys all have the potential to do way better but I think Holmes at fullback might take some time.

Yours are welcome gents.

Rabbits20

Immortal
None of you gents have started a generic top 8 thread so I’ll start one off with some banger predictions.

1. Storm
2. Brisbane
3. Manly
4. Souths
5. Panthers
6. Bulldogs
7. Roosters
8. Tigers

9. Eels
10. Cowboys
11. Dragons
12. Knights
13. Warriors
14. Cronulla
15. Canberra
16. Titans

No I haven’t been smoking crack.

I expect some major ladder movement in the name of Roosters, Canberra and Eels. The Roosters are done this year. They can’t keep it up I think they’ll be in the top 8 but on the verge of slipping out. You don’t replace Cronk with an 8 game experience halfback and expect the same results.

Every year 2 teams from the top 8 fall out and one falls out hard. My prediction is Canberra are going to have a rude shock this year and teams aren’t going to fall into their stripping tactics like last year. Eels are getting ridden way too hard and I expect a good start but a really poor finish from them.

Out of all the bottom 8 teams from last year I think Penrith, Tigers, Bulldogs and Cowboys all have the potential to do way better but I think Holmes at fullback might take some time.

Yours are welcome gents.
1. Eels
2. Storm
3. Easts
4. Manly
5. Broncos
6. Souths
7. Raiders
8. Tigers

9. Cowboys
10. Panthers
11. Bulldogs
12. Knights
13. Dragons
14. Sharks
15. Titans
16. Warriors

Premiers: Parra or Storm

1. Eels
2. Storm
3. Easts
4. Manly
5. Broncos
6. Souths
7. Raiders
8. Tigers

9. Cowboys
10. Panthers
11. Bulldogs
12. Knights
13. Dragons
14. Sharks
15. Titans
16. Warriors

1. Manly
2. Storm
3. Souths
4. Panthers
5. Broncos
6. Knights
7. Cowboys
8. Eels

9. Tigers
10. Easts
11. Bulldogs
12. Sharks
13. Raiders
14. Dragons
15. Warriors
16. Titans

im throwing this out there cos who really knows lol .

oh and of course Souths to win the whole damn thing.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
1. Eels
2. Storm
3. Easts
4. Manly
5. Broncos
6. Souths
7. Raiders
8. Tigers

9. Cowboys
10. Panthers
11. Bulldogs
12. Knights
13. Dragons
14. Sharks
15. Titans
16. Warriors

Eels are definitely favourites and they definitely have an easy draw but I just have a feeling 2020 is going to be a surprise year and one team is going to come out of nowhere. Would be good to see the Warriors win a competition.

1. Manly
2. Storm
3. Souths
4. Panthers
5. Broncos
6. Knights
7. Cowboys
8. Eels

9. Tigers
10. Easts
11. Bulldogs
12. Sharks
13. Raiders
14. Dragons
15. Warriors
16. Titans

im throwing this out there cos who really knows lol .

oh and of course Souths to win the whole damn thing.

I like this top 8 i think Manly are definitely contenders which sucks to say. They were definitely one of the best teams last year and they seemed to be missing half their squad through injuries. If Levi goes well at hooker they could very well be the most dominant team in the comp.

I think Broncos are in for a very good year as well. If Seibold doesn’t perform this year I think he might be gone ski.

Rabbits20

Immortal
1. Eels
2. Storm
3. Easts
4. Manly
5. Broncos
6. Souths
7. Raiders
8. Tigers

9. Cowboys
10. Panthers
11. Bulldogs
12. Knights
13. Dragons
14. Sharks
15. Titans
16. Warriors

Scratch that @Souths Till I Die below is my updated one:

1. Storm
2. Eels
3. Roosters
4. Raiders
5. Rabbitohs
6. Broncos
7. Cowboys
8. Manly

9. Tigers
10. Knights
11. Panthers
12. Sharks
13. Dragons
14. Bulldogs
15. Titans
16. Warriors

Travitoh

First Grade
Top 4 contenders

Souths
Melb
Easts
Pen
Manly

Finals contenders

Bris
Canb
Wests
Parra

Finals longshots

GC
Newc
NQ

Spoon battle

NZ
Can't
St GI

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Top 4 contenders

Souths
Melb
Easts
Pen
Manly

Finals contenders

Bris
Canb
Wests
Parra

Finals longshots

GC
Newc
NQ

Spoon battle

NZ
Can't
St GI

That’s a pretty good breakup although I’m surprised you have the dogs so low on the list. For me they’re more finals long shots if they can get their act together.

St George’s season is almost over before it started with all those injuries. Cameron Mcinnes is crucial to their game play and I don’t think they can pick up many wins without him.

Travitoh

First Grade
That’s a pretty good breakup although I’m surprised you have the dogs so low on the list. For me they’re more finals long shots if they can get their act together.

St George’s season is almost over before it started with all those injuries. Cameron Mcinnes is crucial to their game play and I don’t think they can pick up many wins without him.

I feel there are a lot of issues at St GI beyond the injuries, they just don't strike me as a happy club at the moment. They're actually a decent side on paper but haven't played like one for 18 months.

Canterbury will be competitive but their spine is very poor imo. The players filling those spots are closer to reserve grade standard than filling a spot in the teams categorised above them and i feel their are still questions over Dean Pay's coaching ability.