What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will we finish?

Where will we finish in 2020?

• Total voters

Diesel

Referee
The one thing I am proud about this club is we’ve never come last. Manly have been around since the 1940’s and have never come last, the Broncos too.
I will be bitterly disappointed in this club if we ever get this spoon. The spoon won’t kick start us into any dynasty that finishing higher on the ladder can’t do

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The one thing I am proud about this club is we’ve never come last. Manly have been around since the 1940’s and have never come last, the Broncos too.
I will be bitterly disappointed in this club if we ever get this spoon. The spoon won’t kick start us into any dynasty that finishing higher on the ladder can’t do

I hear ya, season before last we were in a dogfight with Parra to avoid the spoon and any win to avoid it was like a finals win !!

Penrose_11

Juniors
I’ve got little faith as well. I’m hoping we can go zero injuries and string multiple games together with the same 17 week after week. Combinations might be our only sniff??

Xcalibre

Juniors
I can’t think of a more plodtastic Warriors team in the last 20 years. On paper it’s a reserve grade quality side.

Sorry for you NZ fans as it would be good to see them be successful but the current team just has no standout players except for Maumolo and Fish. Edit: And RTS of course! The spine besides him is pure plod though.

Izz

Bench
I can’t think of a more plodtastic Warriors team in the last 20 years. On paper it’s a reserve grade quality side.

Sorry for you NZ fans as it would be good to see them be successful but the current team just has no standout players except for Maumolo and Fish. Edit: And RTS of course! The spine besides him is pure plod though.
Fish?

Matua

Bench
This thread and the where will we finish one should really be combined into one.

JJ

Immortal
No chance for the spoon
In all seriousness, why "no chance"??

IMO we're joint favourites for it - I doubt we'll get it, because most years the team that gets it has to be consistently awful... but could be tight - FTR I've gone just avoiding it - but not really any different to me, spoon could be on points difference - if we are in the bottom few, where I think we will be, it's awful... I have very little doubt that it's going to be awful

Meth

Staff member
I guess, if I'm optimistic, 9-12.
Realistic, 13-15.

Either way, meh

In all seriousness, why "no chance"??

IMO we're joint favourites for it - I doubt we'll get it, because most years the team that gets it has to be consistently awful... but could be tight - FTR I've gone just avoiding it - but not really any different to me, spoon could be on points difference - if we are in the bottom few, where I think we will be, it's awful... I have very little doubt that it's going to be awful

Titans and Dogs are sure things JJ

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Honestly, I see us on the rise.

Once you're done laughing, this is why:
1. More Tohu - played hardly any last year
2. No SJ drama and a full pre season for out halves
3. A year's more experience for our youngens
4. We didn't lost anyone of note last year
5. Isaac Luke played average, we have Egan now who will be as good as Luke was last year
6. No more Kata or Lisone
7. Hopefully we won't have those 2 losses that the refs essentially cost us (Storm and Parra games)

While we are light on props... What else is new. We were last year, and while Bunty is a big loss, with Jazz out for a few rounds we've got some space on our bench for some young forwards to make a good fist of it.

I think you'll all be plesently surprised this year

Scott

Bench

5. Isaac Luke played average, we have Egan now who will be as good as Luke was last year
7. Hopefully we won't have those 2 losses that the refs essentially cost us (Storm and Parra games)

While we are light on props... What else is new. We were last year, and while Bunty is a big loss, with Jazz out for a few rounds we've got some space on our bench for some young forwards to make a good fist of it.

All very valid points. Tough to argue with you.

Ahh you're new. It's good you have such faith. This year will hurt you more than some of us negative fellas. This is going to be a nightmare season. One person already pointed it out. This season has several real average team lists. Quality has dropped. Will be glad to be wrong and get that rubbed into me.

Matua

Bench
I don't think we'll get the spoon, but only because I think some teams just struggle with the trip to NZ so we'll pick up a few wins at home.

I wonder if getting it would make the club take a good hard look at itself, more than the look they take each year and say hey we were crap but we're doing enough things right to avoid the spoon so we just need to let that embed another year.

Benek

Juniors
I don't think we'll get the spoon, but only because I think some teams just struggle with the trip to NZ so we'll pick up a few wins at home.
If I remember correctly we only won a few games all year at home last year. I don't know if this holds true at all when you suck as bad as the Warriors.

Matua

Bench
If I remember correctly we only won a few games all year at home last year. I don't know if this holds true at all when you suck as bad as the Warriors.
I never claimed we'd win lots, just enough to keep the wooden spoon away. :D

Latest posts