What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 1 vs Panthers @ Panthers Stadium

Who will win? Round 1: Panthers v Roosters

• Penrith Panthers 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Penrith Panthers 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Sydney Roosters 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Round 1
Penrith Panthers v Sydney Roosters
Panthers Stadium, Penrith (TICKETS)
Saturday 14 March 2020

Gates 3:30pm • Jersey Flegg 3:50pm • Canterbury Cup 5:20pm • NRL kickoff 7:35pm

TL-PEN21.png

1. Caleb Aekins 2. Josh Mansour 3. Dean Whare 4. Brent Naden 5. Brian To'o 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. James Tamou 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. Zane Tetevano 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Liam Martin 13. Isaah Yeo
Interchange: 14. Stephen Crichton 15. James Fisher-Harris 16. Moses Leota 17. Jack Hetherington 18. Billy Burns 19. Matt Burton 20. Jed Cartwright 21. Kaide Ellis

TL-SYD20.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Angus Crichton 4. Joseph Manu 5. Brett Morris 6. Luke Keary 7. Kyle Flanagan 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Sitili Tupouniua 12. Mitchell Aubusson 13. Victor Radley
Interchange: 14. Sam Verrills 15. Isaac Liu 16. Nat Butcher 17. Lindsay Collins 18. Matt Ikuvalu 19. Poasa Faamausili 20. Lachlan Lam 21. Asu Kepaoa

67B5T0I.jpg

Referees: Adam Gee, Chris Butler
Sideline Officials: Jeff Younis, Nick Beashel
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Bryan Norrie

Lower Grades:
Panthers v Bears @ Panthers
NSWRL U20 Jersey Flegg Cup, Sat 3:50pm
NSWRL Canterbury Cup, Sat 5:20pm
Knights v Roosters @ Cessnock
NSWRL U20 Jersey Flegg Cup, Sat 3:30pm​

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be involved in a couple of tipping competitions this year - one at my workplace and the other on the WLF league forum website. (I encourage my fellow Roosters supporters to explore that forum, as well as LU. You can be active and post on there too. There is a small, but growing community of rugby league tragics and it would be great to see at least some of you on there.)

I will tip the Rooster boys in round 1, but with not a lot of confidence TBH. The margin is likely to be small. We traditionally start quite slowly and our record in round 1 is not that flash, but I am forever hopeful. At least we have a couple of weeks to get ourselves ready for round 3! Anyway, I will be heading out there for lunch and to watch all three grades - something us Easts supporters and members are not used to in recent years.

Go the mighty Roosters! Easts to win.

I see that Boyd is out again. I hope everything is okay.

Angus has pneumonia apparently. Fortunately not COVID-19.

I was going to head out, but decided not to. The risk of contracting this virus is simply too big. People need to be sensible and exercise caution. The NRL should have locked crowds out from last night, not Monday. Quite frankly, I disagree with the timing of their actions on this.

Last edited:
I certainly do, smart alec! Thank you.

While I have a family connection to the eastern suburbs, I do not live there. I am in Sydney's north, but regularly travel to the Blue Mountains and Warragamba via Penrith.

Not all Roosters supporters are silvertails. Supporters of such a grand old foundation club come from far and wide, and do not necessarily fit the stereotype.

I take it that you are a Panthers supporter? If so, well done for last night. But remember, you do not win premierships in March. We are notoriously slow starters. I am not at all concerned at this very early stage, although I will be happy to see Josh Morris with us sooner rather than later.

jiorl

Juniors
All I can say is, we are notorious for losing most of our round 1 games. There were a lot of positives to take away from this game though, and with Cordner, Crichton, Josh Morris and Hall soon to be available for selection we will only be stronger from here onwards.

All I can say is, we are notorious for losing most of our round 1 games. There were a lot of positives to take away from this game though, and with Cordner, Crichton, Josh Morris and Hall soon to be available for selection we will only be stronger from here onwards.
You are right mate, although I am not sure how we will go playing in empty stadiums, although all teams will be in the same boat, I suppose. These are interesting times to say the least. Take care of yourself and your loved ones, particularly the elderly and more vulnerable members of your family. They need it.