What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your pass mark for 2020

Where will we finish in 2020

• 1-4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-6

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • 7-8

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Not in the top 8

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Top 4

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Top 6

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Top 8

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters

Tigerm

First Grade
Sounds intriguing...I look foward to three years time from now to see if this fella can crack first grade consistently.
Not sure if you are taking the piss, but he is playing for eels this season, so you will get a chance to see him in the NRL this year presumably.

stryker

First Grade
Not sure if you are taking the piss, but he is playing for eels this season, so you will get a chance to see him in the NRL this year presumably.
Ive only taken a passing interest in the off season to be fair.
Ive heard some bullshit involving us once again paying overs for unproven talent. Now he is out for the first couple of months? Yawn...seen this film before..lets revisit in 4 years.

Das Hassler

Bench
What bullshit about who that's out for a couple of months? You sure your source of stuff to complain about has the right club?

WA Tiger

Bench
Obviously we can only guess if Stefano is any good..3 things 1 the price we paid..Ive read countless times $800 k so correct me if Im wrong I’d hate to stuff up twice in 24 hours. He was on I think $70 k at the time and I suppose Parra thought they could use and abuse him 2 They were really pissed off that we got got him and it was a night raid they had no idea it was happening until it was too late 3 They won’t let him go despite it being the gentlemanly thing to do after we let them have Matteson early

Last edited:

Ned Kelly

Juniors
You missed my point....not about the crowd but that the players have to engage in exactly what health guidelines regarding this virus tell us NOT to do...i.e. be close to anyone spraying moisture droplets. As soon as one nrl player tests positive after the season's underway with everyone sticking their heads in sweaty scrums and tackling everyone else then that'll be all she wrote...it'll become a duty of care issue

My understanding (and I could be wrong) is the majority of people who get the virus will get over it without too much medical intervention.Those of more serious risk are the elderly or those already with a lung disease. NRL players are young and fit. In my opinion they would fall into a low risk category.
As far as scrums go do you know how many have contacted the virus by putting their noses near some one else's backside?

Anyway, I hope you are wrong. I am busting for this season to start. It promises to be such an exciting year for the Tigers.

Das is right.

This is a very serious issue.

I couldn’t think of a better way to get the virus than playing nrl (with another player with the virus) all of the physical contact, saliva, huffing and puffing, tackles and stuff.

Chances of death are very low, but still there.

I’d rather the players were 100% protected career wise and didn’t play until we have it sorted.

I’d be adjourning the season until a bit later.

If we have to play ten rounds and everyone is ok, that’s fine by me.

WA Tiger

Bench
Das is right.

This is a very serious issue.

I couldn’t think of a better way to get the virus than playing nrl (with another player with the virus) all of the physical contact, saliva, huffing and puffing, tackles and stuff.

Chances of death are very low, but still there.

I’d rather the players were 100% protected career wise and didn’t play until we have it sorted.

I’d be adjourning the season until a bit later.

If we have to play ten rounds and everyone is ok, that’s fine by me.
It’s all about containment at the moment..At a certain point of losing this fight I think the players will be playing in front of empty stands That makes a lot of sense containment wise ..after that ??

Das Hassler

Bench
My understanding (and I could be wrong) is the majority of people who get the virus will get over it without too much medical intervention.Those of more serious risk are the elderly or those already with a lung disease. NRL players are young and fit. In my opinion they would fall into a low risk category.
As far as scrums go do you know how many have contacted the virus by putting their noses near some one else's backside?

Anyway, I hope you are wrong. I am busting for this season to start. It promises to be such an exciting year for the Tigers.

Well i guess the lock can take some comfort...not so much the frontrow Young fit people are the most resilient for sure and may not even show symptoms ( as has been reported) but not everyone they have contact with in their lives is also young.. fit and strong...particularly older parents and elderly grandparents ...other countries are already clamping down hard to limit the spread so it seems just a matter of weeks before some pretty big brakes are applied to contact sports around the world.
I hope none of it comes to pass as well as i can REALLY use a good WT season RIGHT NOW but if it all goes belly up it will be from a call made from well above the NRL...if a pandemic is declared the politicians and sporting corporate bosses won't have much of a say at all regarding containment measures. Petsonally I'm no lover of our current government but we're lucky they're at least backing the health experts and medical science which is more than can be said of the all knowing stable genius....he's going with (others) praying to God and Golf to win over this evil ...never know...way cheaper and might just work ??

Tiger05

First Grade
I can't see them stopping the comp. The virus although scary appears to be more like the flu than Ebola.

I do jiu-jitsu as a sport. We roll around on the ground hugging each other sweating like pigs. I'm wondering how long this will go on especially as a recreational activity. Skin infections that are probably a lot less contagious than the Corona virus can go through a gym.

On the abc radio this morning, a health expert suggested we are pretty close to cure/vaccine.

Going to trials soon in concert with u.s scientists.

We have one of the best resourced pandemic scientific efforts in the world here.

Well i guess the lock can take some comfort...not so much the frontrow Young fit people are the most resilient for sure and may not even show symptoms ( as has been reported) but not everyone they have contact with in their lives is also young.. fit and strong...particularly older parents and elderly grandparents ...other countries are already clamping down hard to limit the spread so it seems just a matter of weeks before some pretty big brakes are applied to contact sports around the world.
I hope none of it comes to pass as well as i can REALLY use a good WT season RIGHT NOW but if it all goes belly up it will be from a call made from well above the NRL...if a pandemic is declared the politicians and sporting corporate bosses won't have much of a say at all regarding containment measures. Petsonally I'm no lover of our current government but we're lucky they're at least backing the health experts and medical science which is more than can be said of the all knowing stable genius....he's going with (others) praying to God and Golf to win over this evil ...never know...way cheaper and might just work ??

We’ve been expecting a pandemic for awhile now so successive federal governments have been putting in cash on recommendation from the experts you cite.

Rugby league is very vulnerable.

Gate receipts will crash soon after a crowd member is detected with the virus, which the media will ensure we all know about as it will sell a lot papers and webpages that day.

Everyone will take a hit.

I am not sure how players are going to know whether they or other players are sick and from what we know, they most should be ok, but their parents and others is a worry. Enough for many to want to wait it out.

No player should be bullied into playing for any reason.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Obviously we can only guess if Stefano is any good..3 things 1 the price we paid..Ive read countless times $800 k so correct me if Im wrong I’d hate to stuff up twice in 24 hours. He was on I think $70 k at the time and I suppose Parra thought they could use and abuse him 2 They were really pissed off that we got got him and it was a night raid they had no idea it was happening until it was too late 3 They won’t let him go despite it being the gentlemanly thing to do after we let them have Matteson early

$800k is the price however it’s over 3 years so that’s $267kpa. This was also done on the premisis of getting him for this year which both parties wanted but Parra held firm.

I haven’t seen him play much so can’t really comment but the fact that Eels fans are filthy and Brad Fittler just last week said he is on the radar for Origin this year despite not playing a single game of NRL has me thinking we have a good un.

WA Tiger

Bench
$800k is the price however it’s over 3 years so that’s $267kpa. This was also done on the premisis of getting him for this year which both parties wanted but Parra held firm.

I haven’t seen him play much so can’t really comment but the fact that Eels fans are filthy and Brad Fittler just last week said he is on the radar for Origin this year despite not playing a single game of NRL has me thinking we have a good un.
Cool Thanks for that ...That makes more sense .Im sure you’ve seen this vid ..He looks like he wants to hurt someone so that’s good ....https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/11/22/wests-tigers-snare-teen-tyro-utoikamanu-from-eels-grasp/

The unknown

Juniors
Sorry to bring a downer to a fun thread but my pass mark is to not have any players get sick or worse ...i honestly can't see this season playing out for any of the contact sports..
stay a metre away from anyone spraying droplets?!......as soon as one player or member of any club's training staff comes down with the virus then the 2020 season will come to a jarring halt and with the predicted spread that seems only a matter of time....sure hope it doesn't happen but i'll be surprised if we get too many rounds down the track before the government pulls the plug under pandemic powers

Again...sorry for the downer...stay safe people. .

With the NBA, quite possibly the largest sporting brand in the world coming to a halt, this is starting to sound like it might be reality. Australia are usually quite sheepish when it comes to whatever the US does aswell