What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Pre-Season

GloryGlory

Juniors
Patrick Mago made a a real difference on Saturday night, shattered that he tore his pec and will be out until at least round 11, I thought he wrapped up a bench spot on Saturday while Sele didnt do enough yet to earn a contract

Sironen was good and I thing is a smokey to take Sutton's spot, an edge back rower with ball playing and a kicking game could prove important. If I was picking the 17 right now I would include Sironen and save Su'a and Koloamatangi to be mobile middle players while we work on the front row rotation

Rabbit57

Juniors
Patrick Mago made a a real difference on Saturday night, shattered that he tore his pec and will be out until at least round 11, I thought he wrapped up a bench spot on Saturday while Sele didnt do enough yet to earn a contract

Sironen was good and I thing is a smokey to take Sutton's spot, an edge back rower with ball playing and a kicking game could prove important. If I was picking the 17 right now I would include Sironen and save Su'a and Koloamatangi to be mobile middle players while we work on the front row rotation
Yes Patrick showed a lot of promise. Let’s hope he is back to boost us at state of origin time. The up and coming forwards all were outstanding against the dragons and proved they can bring a lot of energy from the bench. For me Amone has to be there.

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
From the Daily Telegraph,

Andrew is wrong about Trell

Matty Johns reveals why the Eighth Immortal, brother Andrew, is wrong about South Sydney recruit Latrell Mitchell.

Brother Andrew has concerns about whether Latrell Mitchell has the conditioning to be a great fullback, but I have more confidence.

The match fitness required to play in the No.1 jersey will come with the more he plays there.

You only have to look at the career of the man with whom he is compared most, Greg Inglis.

GI always got better as the season wore on, and the very nature of the fullback position got him rock-hard fit by the middle of the season.

Latrell Mitchell at fullback fits South Sydney’s gameplan perfectly.

Mitchell’s power is going to be crucial for Souths.

They play great momentum-based football and Damien Cook is the trigger. But for Cook to get out of dummy-half, the defence needs to be bent back on early tackles and that’s what Mitchell will do.

He isn’t going to be a Billy Slater-type of fullback who has his nose in every play.

Mitchell, like Inglis, will deliver moments of explosive energy and brilliance.

Latest posts