What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

redVinme

Juniors
I think he’s just gauging the mood and then chiming in to cause friction.

Could be wrong. But constant bagging from outside raises my hackles.

Not looking for a fight with you mate. As you say, we see usually see eye to eye. Happy to wait and see.

I know that mate. This tense wait for the season of misery seems to have everyone a little up. Always happy to bounce off you. No foul.

Cheers

Warabrook saint

Juniors
It beggars belief that so many of you blokes are happy to let this troll come in here and hang shit on our club.

The way I see it, it’s like family. I know what’s wrong with my family, and if I need to vent by putting shit on them I will.

But if outsiders want to do the same, they can shut the f**k up.
Could be just a Phantom......or it could be the usual suspect

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I for one really enjoy @The Silverdale Phantom and his outside insight on the club. It's good to know we aren't the only ones who see where the club is at. Most people blow in with abuse but at least when he posts it is relevant and well thought out . I can talk about WT failings all day and in sure there'd be agreeance. To me it's just another passionate footy fan adding to what we already know. What's the issue with that? Isn't that what this forum is about.

Yes, all true that.
The Silverdale Phantom is alright by me.
He offer a constructive yet sympathic view on our club and things in general.
I don't see he's here to trash our club but he understands what we are currently going thru.
He's made enough post on here without throwing the mud, except where is warranted.

LINESPEED

Juniors
The off season junket has proved its worth. Our illustrious coach and leader with his footprint in everything as come up with the innovation of red and green table tennis paddles to show our captain when or when not to challenge a decision. So innovative they even put it to print.in the paper
You see he either wants to slow the game down to his pace or simply the players on the field themselves he won’t trust to make the right decision and cost him his job
A control freak with his footprints everywhere in the building
So the overseas junket has worked and worthwhile. God save our dragons from this brain dead rubbish. For those that are wondering red paddle must be for challenge and green to not to challenge or something similar. Mary will paint them ready for Round 1. Hope Cam or stand in captain is not colour blind.

Diversions & deflections as Mc Paddles finds another prop

- anything but confronting real coaching issues such as, let’s say, improving the 3 on-field essentials that generally mark the best teams:

1. Post contact metres (16th)
2. Tackle breaks (13th)
3. All run metres (13th)

Our 2019 rankings in brackets were twice as bad as in 2018, indicating a coach who’d lost the plot, the players & the intelligence to have recruited astutely & have in place the expected contingency plans for injuries & disruptions.

Our roster (carefully acquired by Waterboy over 6 laborious & fractious years) lacks penetration & creativity according the bare stats above?

McFail fails because of an unfortunate combination of extreme conservatism, low IQ & an ego that rejects any notion of accountability or responsibility for results.

An innovative, intelligent & creative coach’s team ranks well on measures relating to players having structural options when initial game plans need rapid on-field changes - also with teammates playing for each other, evident especially in defence, linespeed & support play.

In 2019 we had 1 player in the top 45 of linebreak assists & 1 for player in support (the uncoached-by-McWTF Corey Norman in both instances).

Only 1 player in the top 50 of post contact metres FFS (so much for coaching motivation).

X-factor has been systematically ground, selected & recruited out of our team.

Kick return metres? (13th)
Run metres? (13th)
In support? (13th)
Possession?(14th)

All of the above are critical, irrefutable, ongoing indices of Waterboy’s failure as a coach

His removal is priority No1 I would think -
by every professional measure available

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Ok with those stats who should be court marshaled for 1- Considering him for a coach and 2- McGregor been given a contract to even go past page 1 of the contract.

I cannot stand the thought of the guy being a coach let alone the longest serving coach. That is bizarre. The minute he is given his marching orders I will pop the cork

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Ok with those stats who should be court marshaled for 1- Considering him for a coach and 2- McGregor been given a contract to even go past page 1 of the contract.

I cannot stand the thought of the guy being a coach let alone the longest serving coach. That is bizarre. The minute he is given his marching orders I will pop the cork
We all know who's responsible for the incompetent to be incharge for so long.........the wheelers and dealers brokering favors

ChocOConnor

Juniors
I’m waiting for the mother of all excuses as to why we failed under McIdiots watch again.

“well I’d love to say yes it was me but it is a world wide pandemic this Coronavirus and it has effected our ability to turn up every week and give it our all. It is hard to accept but the virus has been an issue for us since December last year”

Now that is what I am expecting

LINESPEED

Juniors
We all know who's responsible for the incompetent to be incharge for so long.........the wheelers and dealers brokering favors

And it truly beggars belief that the same brain-dead-corrupted administration would both enable & sanction again McFMD’s unchanged & chronically failed centre pairing cum Tuesday

...for what will be the Spooners 5th successive campaign as the NRL’s worst centres

An outsider might well look on in amazement at the folly of a coach needing desperately to win for existential reasons, trotting out his failed mates yet again

- in spite of their poor form, long-proven weaknesses, unearned selection & widely acknowledged tag as the Club’s Achilles heel in attack & defence.

... costing the team a dozen premiership points on average per season

.....FFAAAARRRRQQ!!

denis preston

First Grade

LINESPEED

Juniors

‘Lifting’ is about playing for the coach & a Club culture that has direction, commitment, grit & identity
- a team in every sense of the word.

Feared (not mocked) by opponents

They’d play for Freddy & Mal - but not for The Waterboy

It’s about respecting a coach as a coach

Believing in him.

- one with multiple strategies, solutions, selection integrity, honesty, strength and impartiality

- not as a backslapping Park footy goodguy dumbfuc*er drinking
mate

...who never fesses up

There should be fear of the reprimand & axing

- an absolute insistence on improvement & excellence - or else

- a preparedness to bleed for the Club, Fans & Pride

....and shame in defeat

McGregor is not respected as an NRL coach by anyone.

He has always inevitably failed in every one of the above measures because he lacks intelligence & was never credentialed beyond Park footy, Orange boy & Excuse maker

11th,8th,11th,11th,7th,15th - End of Story

Crush

Coach
It beggars belief that so many of you blokes are happy to let this troll come in here and hang shit on our club.

The way I see it, it’s like family. I know what’s wrong with my family, and if I need to vent by putting shit on them I will.

But if outsiders want to do the same, they can shut the f**k up.
I also find it curious.
The guy strictly posts in the sack McGregor thread on our forum and offers nothing else in any of the other threads about Dragons football.
I'm not saying its wrong but its highly unusual behaviour, who does that?

SBD82

Coach
I also find it curious.
The guy strictly posts in the sack McGregor thread on our forum and offers nothing else in any of the other threads about Dragons football.
On the bright side, hopefully in 6-8 weeks this thread can be closed and forgotten. And old mate can find another club to put shit on.

LINESPEED

Juniors
I also find it curious.

Well I guess ‘to each his own’
as mum used to say
- and the league promo seems to be bangin’ on about inclusivity etc
....(seeya Toddy though - u fu*kin Dragon hating crook)

... but yeah, in our own coaching backyard we have the gold plated doozy of ‘unusual behaviour’ -

embarrassingly obvious for all to see in the pressers, where you can never quite predict the next inane utterance.

I mean it’s riveting stuff for your average punter psychologist cum comedian.
Priceless slapstick really

And then there’re the good ol’ weekly bench rotation fiascos that make the usual unusual the norm -

and which have the entire NRL fan base & commentariat WTF dumbfounded & reaching for the Handbook of Stupid

I mean keeping a straight face must’ve been quite a task for Gareth & Cam

You never know whether to laugh or cry

Fu*k I’m already missing it

Banjo2014

Juniors
Am in the Philippines right now and watched Fox last night - NRL Tonight, NRL 360 and Controversy Corner basically gave P Mac a break - Voss is no Graham Hughes at the Corner which leads me to this:-

The P Mac is in no way whatsoever a first grade coach - what a waste of money.....

Latest posts