What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leilua wants to improve his defence

tumbidragon

First Grade
This assumes that Luc will be picked as a left edge forward- maybe- maybe not.
Luc has played all his game time @ Wests on the right edge, ironing out their attack with BJ and Nofa.. Can safely say he'll be lining up there. Be interesting to see how he handles Friz if Mary has indeed switched sides. Smart move if he has imo.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Luc has played all his game time @ Wests on the right edge, ironing out their attack with BJ and Nofa.. Can safely say he'll be lining up there. Be interesting to see how he handles Friz if Mary has indeed switched sides. Smart move if he has imo.

Ah yes- I'd forgotten Mary's cunning plan to switch Frizz and confuse the opposition- but then again I forget most of Mary's plans because they don't work.

denis preston

First Grade
I see what your saying.
But..... lets look at it this way.
Leilua has been with us for many years. Most of our forwards punch out big minutes, they train for that, they pride themselves on playing the big minutes.
Prior to last season we took pride in our defence.
Leilua, when given the chance, gassed quick, and didnt do well in defence.
Seeing how the other forwards progressed, i wouldnt be blaming Leiluas issues on coaching, that would be more of a attitude issue.
Based on that, i wouldnt want the club to be offering him $350k a year.
I like the kid, but he didnt seem to be keen with us.
Maybe the extra dollars will be the motivation he needs to push himself.

Well our forwards might play big minutes but history tells us that they fade in the last 20 of those minutes!

denis preston

First Grade
Ah yes- I'd forgotten Mary's cunning plan to switch Frizz and confuse the opposition- but then again I forget most of Mary's plans because they don't work.
I like the comment when this was revealed.At least Friz will now be stepping away from the defense instead of in to it !

SEAT 1A

Bench
Mixed feeling with Luc's departure.

I think he did everything he was asked of by the Dragons however, it's was always going to be a tall order to elevate himself to the run on side if that was the plan by the club as I don't think he was given the playing time so, he's got that with the Tigers.

Given his statements on defence, I hope he's ready as I think he's going to cop the treatment on Sunday.

Richard Norton

Juniors
Well our forwards might play big minutes but history tells us that they fade in the last 20 of those minutes!
Leilua was guilty of the same offence, even after playing less minutes then our other forwards.
Dont get me wrong, the guy is a talent in attack, but also a liabilty in defence.

Bench
I hope Lucky achieves what he could be, he will have to step it up to achieve that
I think he will end up just being a bench player, not in the starting lineup
But I wish him well, only after our game tomorrow

Latest posts