What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ARLC to meet expansion bidders.

mongoose

Coach
I dunno... pink and brown sounds ugly.

I know its a basketball jersey but this coulor could be really awesome...

thumb___2019_07_10T085402.660.jpeg

MrE_Assassin

Juniors
I dunno... pink and brown sounds ugly.

I know its a basketball jersey but this coulor could be really awesome...

thumb___2019_07_10T085402.660.jpeg
Pink & Brown was a joke.

Umm, pretty sure the NZ Warriors had this colour scheme only a few seasons ago before moving back to their original Auckland strip. Could also be the colours of the WS Magpies back in the day. It's not very original, but I suppose appart from Penrith, Wests Tigers and NZ Warriors, there aren't too many teams that use black as their primary colour.

jim_57

Staff member
A plain brown with white trim would work, reverse for an away. I'm sure someone can find a good example from American Football or other sports worldwide.

Brisbane Brown Snakes or Brisbane Kookaburras.

Edit: Something like this without the gold.
170928_Football-Cousins_-GAO_002web.jpg

axl rose

Bench
A plain brown with white trim would work, reverse for an away. I'm sure someone can find a good example from American Football or other sports worldwide.

170928_Football-Cousins_-GAO_002web.jpg
Though I like it, there's a reason Penriff moved away from the chocolate soldiers/brown.

MrE_Assassin

Juniors
I couldn't find anything other than "they changed their colours to..... in the 19XX season...."

No real reason why they went away from the brown. They were originally going to play in blue but with so many teams already having various shades of the colour they opted for something else... the result, brown & white.

jim_57

Staff member
I couldn't find anything other than "they changed their colours to..... in the 19XX season...."

No real reason why they went away from the brown. They were originally going to play in blue but with so many teams already having various shades of the colour they opted for something else... the result, brown & white.

In my head a Canberra jersey that is brown instead of green looks pretty good. With plain white or white and light blue trim (Kookaburras).

Anyone good at mockups?

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
jim_57 said:

""The location name is the one that is hardest to pick. Western Corridor, West Brisbane, South/West Brisbane, Ipswich, Western, South East QLD etc all have flaws. None obviously better spring to mind.

In terms of the name, the obvious choice (to me) is Brisbane City or something similar....

It also means that, if we want alliteration, it can match “city” to avoid another “Brisbane B___”

Brisbane City Saints, Brisbane City Stags, etc....

The Great Dane

First Grade

Apart from the Cleveland Browns, who's jerseys are basic and lame, St. Pauli are the most famous example of a club with brown in their colour scheme that I can think of.

They're brown, white, and red, and they've had dozens of different jersey designs.

Here's their current jersey-
st-pauli-19-20-home-kit-3.jpg

Last edited:

blue bags

First Grade
Brisbane buccaneers,

Brisbane bucks,

Brisbane vikings

Brisbane bats

Brisbane bears

Brisbane pythons

Brisbane rodeo

Brisbane Bengals

Brisbane stags

Brisbane wranglers

jim_57

Staff member
images

To be honest I pretty much had this colour scheme in mind, although the slightly darker brown in Great Dane's first post looks better. I think it'd work and would be unlike any other team in professional rugby league or Australian sports that I can think of.

Last edited: