What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Knights- Round 1, 2020

Penrose_11

Juniors
No Paasi and Burr up front. Shit there’s going small and then there’s....... Surely this isn’t the run on team. With this 17 I can see Blair or Papali at prop and Burr into back row.
Have I missed that Paasi has been injured?

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
No Paasi and Burr up front. Shit there’s going small and then there’s....... Surely this isn’t the run on team. With this 17 I can see Blair or Papali at prop and Burr into back row.
Have I missed that Paasi has been injured?
Burr isn't tiny. He can get it done up front imo.

Blair in 11 is a worry though

DuggyB

Juniors
the three hookers could be the speed accent that the talk has been about-the small guys at the tiring big guys.I believe many of the team say they are the fittest they have ever been-lets see.

Benek

Juniors
Yeah but when we're hurting for more big bodies I just don't see how you can carry two hookers on the bench. Unless our 6 or 7 don't plan on playing 80 minutes, Nikorima and Lawton must both be there for a spell at hooker. Doesn't make sense. Why not bring in someone like Pulu?

DuggyB

Juniors
Pulu played a big part in our flying start in 2018 until he was injured-does beg the question.

Meth

Staff member
Yeah, I don't get it. I haven't seen these 2 debutants play, but I would have preferred Pulu play and Blair plays in the middle. I think we'll probably need all hands on deck there.

Big Marn

Juniors
the three hookers could be the speed accent that the talk has been about-the small guys at the tiring big guys.I believe many of the team say they are the fittest they have ever been-lets see.
Trouble is that small guys only work against a tiring line. We dont have the big boppers to tire them out. Its more likely to be the other way round. Its all good and well to be fit and fast but if you cant wrestle these big guys to the ground,and slow their play the balls down, its going to be a long day at the office.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Lawton is a utility of sorts, can be used as a backrower I guess?

But that's really being generous. Not many big men at all.

I don't understand Blair. We're essentially 4 front rowers down from last year, and he doesn't put his hand up? He played as a prop in the Maori team a few weeks ago, surely that's better than having someone like Burr there?

Cold Roses

Juniors
Pompey and Pulu have been named to start in Canterbury Cup. That would likely signal that they aren’t in first grade plans just at the moment.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Pompey and Pulu have been named to start in Canterbury Cup. That would likely signal that they aren’t in first grade plans just at the moment.

Forget at the moment, Pulu has been overtaken by a guy not in the top 30 and Pompey couldn't even get a trial run ahead of guys not in the top 30.

Both their cards have been marked. Won't see them in first grade unless the NRL forces SK to pick them.

Could probably add AK to that list, but at least he got a trial game.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Each game needs to be dedicated to a potato dish.

Call game one the hashbrown bowl.

For years Kearney thought when people said #roundeight they were talking about hashbrowns.

Meth

Staff member
No disrespect to Katoa and Taunoa-Brown because I don't know much about them and I truly hope that they are incredible on Saturday- but I don't see why both Blair and Burr aren't in the middle at this stage with Pulu in the side.

Latest posts