What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harawira-Naera and Okunbor suspended

blue bags

First Grade
what about being nude, dancing on pub balcony's , on mad mondays , hope they werent doing this in the school:)

BadnMean

Juniors
Picking up the kids on a school visit is about as unprofessional as you can get.

It's seedy as all get-out (but I guess not illegal) and not going to help the club or game.

It's one of those where you'd be sacked from plenty of jobs for it, but probably survive the fallout in quite a few others.

Over to you, ex Doggies CEO Greenberger.

There is still the whole gang rape saga hanging over the Doggies & this will probably dredge it up again. I can see sponsors leaving if this thing blows up. It's just going to be a hard look to defend right now...

You can’t go picking up school girls during an official team visit.

unsure but the way I’m reading it was they did a school visit but saw the girls after their trial match. So it may be the case that they didn’t “pick them up at school”, rather they met elsewhere..

But I agree that’s just not on, and plain stupid, if that’s what occurred.

AJB1102

First Grade
Wow 2 young men bring young girls back to their apartments

Scandalous riveting stuff

My mate got stitched up about 20 years ago, brought a girl home from a night club, and was charged after the parents found out and called the cops. A little while later charges were dropped when all parties were made aware of where she was picked up from.

The stand out point and difference is that its alleged they picked these girls up after a team visit to their school.

24 (CHN) & 23 (JO) year old professional sportsmen on a visit to a school where they're representing their club, NRL and the game of RL should not be having anything but professional interactions with any of the pupils.

AJB1102

First Grade
We all know perception is EVERYTHING in this game and the way it treats indiscretions. If whats alleged is true and this takes off, these boys are f**ked.

simmo05

Bench
The stand out point and difference is that its alleged they picked these girls up after a team visit to their school.

24 (CHN) & 23 (JO) year old professional sportsmen on a visit to a school where they're representing their club, NRL and the game of RL should not be having anything but professional interactions with any of the pupils.
Well if those are the circumstances, they deserve whatever comes their way. Terrible behavior

Game_Breaker

Coach
The question is what can the NRL do and how long can they stand them down?
Technically not illegal, so it becomes a code of conduct issue?

This.
The amount of Bulldogs fans defending Okunbor and Harawira-Naera is ridiculous.

Who's defending this behavior?
It's beyond stupid

blue bags

First Grade
both players were trained, coached, taught, counselled, seminars, done trained courses on this by the CLUB, THE NRL, ASSADA , PLAYERS group, and the bottom end tip still wont learn, amazing really . everyone involved might say they be lucky, nothing happened beyond what did , really lucky ;)