What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

WA Tiger

Bench
Good news, we don't want him to get knocked up to much for the season:)
Although ankle injury’s have ended a few careers on the spot..Jharal Jow Jeh..one of the saddest stories Ive ever heard considering his being at the top level in the game and really looking at being the best of his generation if he wasn’t already, certainly on the wing he was and his young age

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Fox sports reporting that the Dragons are making an offer for Moses Suli?
I think he is 21 and on his 4th club, hopefully he can settle.

Fordy20

Juniors
Even if he did want to leave Manly after turning his life around, I don't see why he'd bite at the first offer. Melbourne and the Roosters are offering player swaps just to get a decent centre on the books. Now that Suli has pulled his head in,he's is probably one of the best off contract centres going around.

BrotherJim05

Bench

I reckon it would be a bit dumb of him to move clubs. He finally has found a club and coach who have instilled discipline and a routine. Moving clubs could f**k it up and he slips back into his ways.

super_coach

First Grade

I guess this is for season 2021?? A player of enormous potential, but extremely high risk and I certainly would not be taking the risk. Noticed Kelly was on Manly’s bench, he would be a player I would be chatting to, certainly better than Aitken at the Dragons we have been linked with

Tiger05

First Grade
I reckon it would be a bit dumb of him to move clubs. He finally has found a club and coach who have instilled discipline and a routine. Moving clubs could f**k it up and he slips back into his ways.

He needs to get paid. He is a massive talent. I don't think the coach turned things around for him. I think the moron woke up and realised he was a bum without footy.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Historic Tigers-Storm loan deal to happen for round three
By Adrian Proszenko
March 19, 2020 — 9.59am

After countless false starts, the NRL is about to get it’s first player “loan” arrangement.

Melbourne hooker Harry Grant is set to be traded for Wests Tigers centre Paul Momirovski in time for them to be available for their new clubs in round three. However, there is one last twist befitting a saga that has dragged on for months.

Momirovski is keen to return to the Tigers at the end of the current season and his management is holding out for a contract extension before agreeing to the swap. The Tigers have been given until Friday to sign a new two-year deal for Momirovski or risk the swap once again unravelling.

Complicating the issue is the fact the coronavirus outbreak has clouded the market worth of all players given they may need to take a pay cut if the 2020 competition is contracted or cancelled altogether. However, the parties are expected to strike an arrangement.

The NRL is satisfied the teams would be salary cap compliant if the swap goes ahead after initially blocking the move over a $15,000 discrepancy in the players’ salaries. The move is being fast-tracked after a faster-than-expected recovery from Storm utility Brandon Smith, who is expected to return from a fractured cheekbone in round three.

Brandon Smith will provide cover for champion No.9 Cameron Smith, freeing Grant to get valuable first-grade experience at the Tigers not possible this season in Victoria.

The Storm view Grant as a long-term replacement for Cameron Smith and the youngster has a get-out clause in his contract if Smith doesn’t retire at the end of the season. That will prompt Melbourne to make an early call on Cameron Smith’s future to provide clarity over whether his understudy stays put.

Grant is now set to be in the unique position of replacing legendary rakes Robbie Farah and Cameron Smith in successive seasons, a huge task for a player with just two NRL appearances to his credit. However, good judges believe he has the potential to become one of the best dummy halves in the game.

Grant is expected to watch his Storm teammates take on Cronulla at Kogarah on Saturday night and then remain in Sydney to link up with the Tigers immediately afterwards.

Speaking to the Herald last month, a frustrated Grant said he hoped a temporary move to the Tigers would eventually happen.

“For my development, I believe the next step for me is to play NRL and unfortunately I won’t get too many games at Melbourne,” Grant said.

“What I need now development-wise is to play footy at a higher level at NRL. I might have to chase that elsewhere and the Tigers is a good opportunity for both parties."

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/hi...o-happen-for-round-three-20200319-p54bn6.html

WA Tiger

Bench
Historic Tigers-Storm loan deal to happen for round three
By Adrian Proszenko
March 19, 2020 — 9.59am

After countless false starts, the NRL is about to get it’s first player “loan” arrangement.

Melbourne hooker Harry Grant is set to be traded for Wests Tigers centre Paul Momirovski in time for them to be available for their new clubs in round three. However, there is one last twist befitting a saga that has dragged on for months.

Momirovski is keen to return to the Tigers at the end of the current season and his management is holding out for a contract extension before agreeing to the swap. The Tigers have been given until Friday to sign a new two-year deal for Momirovski or risk the swap once again unravelling.

Complicating the issue is the fact the coronavirus outbreak has clouded the market worth of all players given they may need to take a pay cut if the 2020 competition is contracted or cancelled altogether. However, the parties are expected to strike an arrangement.

The NRL is satisfied the teams would be salary cap compliant if the swap goes ahead after initially blocking the move over a $15,000 discrepancy in the players’ salaries. The move is being fast-tracked after a faster-than-expected recovery from Storm utility Brandon Smith, who is expected to return from a fractured cheekbone in round three.

Brandon Smith will provide cover for champion No.9 Cameron Smith, freeing Grant to get valuable first-grade experience at the Tigers not possible this season in Victoria.

The Storm view Grant as a long-term replacement for Cameron Smith and the youngster has a get-out clause in his contract if Smith doesn’t retire at the end of the season. That will prompt Melbourne to make an early call on Cameron Smith’s future to provide clarity over whether his understudy stays put.

Grant is now set to be in the unique position of replacing legendary rakes Robbie Farah and Cameron Smith in successive seasons, a huge task for a player with just two NRL appearances to his credit. However, good judges believe he has the potential to become one of the best dummy halves in the game.

Grant is expected to watch his Storm teammates take on Cronulla at Kogarah on Saturday night and then remain in Sydney to link up with the Tigers immediately afterwards.

Speaking to the Herald last month, a frustrated Grant said he hoped a temporary move to the Tigers would eventually happen.

“For my development, I believe the next step for me is to play NRL and unfortunately I won’t get too many games at Melbourne,” Grant said.

“What I need now development-wise is to play footy at a higher level at NRL. I might have to chase that elsewhere and the Tigers is a good opportunity for both parties."

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/hi...o-happen-for-round-three-20200319-p54bn6.html
Whose going to spend $$ now on an 88 kg centre/wing whose not that fast ...for next year

Fordy20

Juniors
It's weird that he wants to stay. BJ has one centre position on lock and Mbye for some reason is ahead of him in the pecking order, so wouldn't he be better off signing with Melbourne for next year?

WA Tiger

Bench
Us, I thought he showed good form at the end of last season, it's also a good sign that the club is going in the right direction by the fact that he wants to stay.
With potential pay cuts and border closures and who knows what else it’s now more about who will still own their house next year ..and how much $$ will there be to pay players next year ..I think Momo will be lucky to get a deal and with the angst created by this may have to prove himself in Melbourne for a deal next year ..That to me is the best case scenario for a swap to still happen ... I could be wrong

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
It's weird that he wants to stay. BJ has one centre position on lock and Mbye for some reason is ahead of him in the pecking order, so wouldn't he be better off signing with Melbourne for next year?

If you are asking me to pick between the scum Storm and the Mighty Tigers I'm picking the Tigers every day.

Tigerm

First Grade
With potential pay cuts and border closures and who knows what else it’s now more about who will still own their house next year ..and how much $$ will there be to pay players next year ..I think Momo will be lucky to get a deal and with the angst created by this may have to prove himself in Melbourne for a deal next year ..That to me is the best case scenario for a swap to still happen ... I could be wrong
With respect to the current virus, I don't think a cough and a sniffle will finish off any national sport. I said earlier, that in 2019 the world had 67,200 deaths from the flu, no one was worried too much but, if the worse was to happen, I think it will pass sooner rather than later, it is only a virus and we do seem to get over them every time, if the banks were to start foreclosing on loans through this, I think there will be hell to pay. The panic effect will be the biggest issue, I think we need our sport more than ever.
On Momo, he said that he will go if he gets a deal with us, I am sure contracts have a trigger to counter these types of events. I still think it's great he wants to be here and not Melbourne.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
With respect to the current virus, I don't think a cough and a sniffle will finish off any national sport. I said earlier, that in 2019 the world had 67,200 deaths from the flu, no one was worried too much but, if the worse was to happen, I think it will pass sooner rather than later, it is only a virus and we do seem to get over them every time, if the banks were to start foreclosing on loans through this, I think there will be hell to pay. The panic effect will be the biggest issue, I think we need our sport more than ever.
On Momo, he said that he will go if he gets a deal with us, I am sure contracts have a trigger to counter these types of events. I still think it's great he wants to be here and not Melbourne.
20,000 QATAS staff have been laid off untill June Tasmania closed their border trump has closed the US Canada border ..this is a little different to the flu ..You won’t find a lot of employers hiring a year out from here ..If I was an employer I’d put a freeze on money going out unless critical ..Momo is not that ..imo

Latest posts