What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints are completely f**ked - McGregor sacked

Eelementary

Post Whore
Bumping this in preparation for another year of embarrassment, atrocious levels of effort and excuses the media laps up.

I tell myself that if I hurt myself on the forum it stops me from feeling my heart break each week as the Bald Bastard round-by-round destroys the club I love.

My liver can’t keep up with their desperate position right now.

I, for one, won't lay the boot in.

My beloved Eels have been a joke for so long, and it's probably worse this year - a few astute signings, and the nucleus of a talented (if unproven, and inexperienced) squad, and they are talking themselves up as being Premiers in 2020...

I sympathise with Dragons fans. It sucks, man - but don't lose hope.

The tide will change, some day...some day...

For Dragons fans' sake, I sincerely hope it turns soon...

MKCS

Juniors
Maybe I'm biased having grown up in Wollongong and growing up next door to Mary's parents (Mary's a top bloke personally) but I want the Dragons to be successful this year.

Mary gets criticised and it's fair but he is super passionate about the Dragons and has been involved in some form with the club for the majority of his adult life and probably always will be. In 2018 the team almost made a preliminary final despite being a key player (Widdop) down. In terms of coaching I think Shane Flanagan is a great pick up as an assistant coach and will most likely take the reins from Mary if they are to get rid of him. Getting a premiership winning coach that is a good recruiter is vital for the Dragons and Flanagan should fill that role.

The De Belin situation doesn't help things with a big salary being put on a guy who may not ever play again and I will never understand the logic behind recruiting both Ben Hunt and Corey Norman as your starting halves when both work better with good solid organising halves. Dragons looked a little bit better when Widdop returned last year.

Obviously the injuries to Cam McInness and Korbin Sims won't do anything to help the Dragons early on either. McInness probably their most consistent player last season.

There are positives though, experts are predicting that Zac Lomax could one day be a big deal and this could be a break out year for him, Tristan Sailor is also being predicted to be a good first grader which would be great because the Dragons need backs desperately, De Belin COULD return as soon as April, the Dragons have a pretty fierce forward pack with plenty of experience and both McInness and Korbin will improve that when they return. If the halves gel well and work together this season they could even dominate a few of the lower end sides.

I also feel Isaac Luke is a good pick up as a bench option and he will no doubt be desperate to impress and show he still has it.

I'm not predicting a top 8 finish for the Dragons this year but I also don't think they'll be bottom 4. I'm feeling like 10th is where they'll end up...

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Maybe I'm biased having grown up in Wollongong and growing up next door to Mary's parents (Mary's a top bloke personally) but I want the Dragons to be successful this year.

Mary gets criticised and it's fair but he is super passionate about the Dragons and has been involved in some form with the club for the majority of his adult life and probably always will be. In 2018 the team almost made a preliminary final despite being a key player (Widdop) down. In terms of coaching I think Shane Flanagan is a great pick up as an assistant coach and will most likely take the reins from Mary if they are to get rid of him. Getting a premiership winning coach that is a good recruiter is vital for the Dragons and Flanagan should fill that role.

The De Belin situation doesn't help things with a big salary being put on a guy who may not ever play again and I will never understand the logic behind recruiting both Ben Hunt and Corey Norman as your starting halves when both work better with good solid organising halves. Dragons looked a little bit better when Widdop returned last year.

Obviously the injuries to Cam McInness and Korbin Sims won't do anything to help the Dragons early on either. McInness probably their most consistent player last season.

There are positives though, experts are predicting that Zac Lomax could one day be a big deal and this could be a break out year for him, Tristan Sailor is also being predicted to be a good first grader which would be great because the Dragons need backs desperately, De Belin COULD return as soon as April, the Dragons have a pretty fierce forward pack with plenty of experience and both McInness and Korbin will improve that when they return. If the halves gel well and work together this season they could even dominate a few of the lower end sides.

I also feel Isaac Luke is a good pick up as a bench option and he will no doubt be desperate to impress and show he still has it.

I'm not predicting a top 8 finish for the Dragons this year but I also don't think they'll be bottom 4. I'm feeling like 10th is where they'll end up...

upload_2020-3-10_17-12-42.jpeg

Life's Good

Coach
Its ok. I’m hearing Mary has addressed one massive frustration to do with player welfare given our injury toll & being criticised for not using his bench effectively over the last 4 years.
He’s instructed the players not to tackle for fear of transmitting/catching Coronavirus(no injuries or burnout). This adversity/empathy should see him survive another 3 years.

Last edited:

Life's Good

Coach

My beloved Eels have been a joke for so long, and it's probably worse this year - a few astute signings, and the nucleus of a talented (if unproven, and inexperienced) squad, and they are talking themselves up as being Premiers in 2020...

You’re a good egg.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Sucks when your team just becomes irrelevant basket case in other peoples eyes.

You at least want to have something to have other fans talking about. Something. Anything.

I can't even look forward to Saab because the coach hasn't picked him.
But why wouldn't you pick the only player in your team who could take full advantage of the NRLs new rule of attacking players in the air and instead run with close to the smallest in Jordan(Not knocking the bloke)...
He's close to the tallest winger in the game!
Classic fumble there Paul.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
But why wouldn't you pick the only player in your team who could take full advantage of the NRLs new rule of attacking players in the air and instead run with close to the smallest in Jordan(Not knocking the bloke)...
He's close to the tallest winger in the game!
Classic fumble there Paul.
Tries from kicks don't count remember.

Try and keep up will you. The blokes ahead of the curve.

Tooooks

Bench

This is so true. As an Eels fan, I don’t feel it’s right to put the boot into any other club.