What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easts Tigers Enter Expansion Race

siv

First Grade
This news item a few years ago

Broncos Leagues Club sinking under $10m debt
upload_2020-3-7_13-11-19.jpeg

10 May 2015 · Mr Brindle yesterday confirmed the talks with Easts administrators to haul Broncos Leagues out of the worst debt in the club's history. “The new board was appointed last November and we recognised the club had too much debt,” Mr Brindle said

flippikat

Bench
bats-mascot-logo-design-isolated-600w-1626471352.jpg

Brisbane Bats?

Should Easts win the can see them leaving just behind Cooparoo Hign School to go to Indooroopilly from Langlands park as they train.

bat-mascot-logo-design-vector-600w-1608231397.jpg

Not the navy & yellow one - too close to Cowboys colours, but the red, grey & black is an interesting palette.

Red & black stripes for home (ha harr!), and grey with red/black trim for alternate?

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Well balmain aren't around to use it, its a shame too Wests tigers logo is horrible, that balmain logo was great
They really should be using this
View attachment 36560
But im sure if easts tigers get the nod, they can edit this to Easts, of course dependant on Gazf, as he was the artist on this

It’s horrible mate. Not a magpie in sight

T-Boon

Coach
I would hate to see an NRL team try to leverage off the heroics of our serving men & women in any department. Simply wrong. No different to teams wearing camo jerseys on Anzac Day and claiming that the football field is the closest thing to going to war.

I know your heart is in the right place, but No!

Yeah, understood. However, I am not prepared to bestow the level of worship on firefighters that military serviceman get. Maybe the volunteer ones.
They could do it and allow reduced membership for volunteer firefighters.

MrE_Assassin

Juniors
Yeah, understood. However, I am not prepared to bestow the level of worship on firefighters that military serviceman get. Maybe the volunteer ones.
They could do it and allow reduced membership for volunteer firefighters.
Shouldn't matter what service they are from, they all perform a duty where their life is at risk for the sake of others. I just think it's insulting to those, whether volunteer, regular firefighters, or any other public servant; to have their name lent to a sports team for competition and marketing gain. There are plenty of other names for teams out there, I think they can steer clear of the service titles. Those are earned, not bought.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Just call them the Brisbane Magpies. Bring back the black and white jerseys which always looked good on the field. I'm pretty sure Logan used to use a variation of that as well. It might even bring in some supporters from that area.

Dogs Of War

Coach

I'm sure there will be some serious redistribution of clubs in the QRL if another Brisbane team comes in. Redcliffe Dolphins, Ipswich Jets, Northern Suburbs Devils, Souths Logan Magpies and Wynnum-Manly Seagulls are all aligned with the Broncos. That's a hell of a lot of clubs.

That only leaves East Tigers, Sunshine Coast Falcons and the Western Mustangs without affiliations (GC and NQ both have 3 feeder clubs).

Though if a new Brisbane team was to be the magpies. It doesn't mean the affiliation needs to be there with logan. If anything you would want a new club to be affiliated with that Northern Brisbane (and grab the Mustangs just for the Toowoomba pathway to your club). So take all those without affiliations and Redcliffe.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Never rely on Wiki mate

The 2020 version is

Broncos - Redcliffe, Souths-Logan, Norths, Wynnum-Manly, Central Qld
Cowboys - Townsville, Cairns, Mackay
Titans - Tweed, Burleigh
Melbourne - Easts, Sunshine Coast
Newcastle - Ipswich

PNG Hunters have no path up.

The Mustangs do not have a senior team, only 20's and lower

It would make perfect sense for Easts, Souths-Logan and Wynnum Manly to be the new Brisbane Feeder club. (south of the Brisbane river)

Leaving Brisbane Broncos with Redcliffe, Norths and the Capras.(North of the Brisbane river)

So that will not happen.

mongoose

Coach
I'm sure there will be some serious redistribution of clubs in the QRL if another Brisbane team comes in. Redcliffe Dolphins, Ipswich Jets, Northern Suburbs Devils, Souths Logan Magpies and Wynnum-Manly Seagulls are all aligned with the Broncos. That's a hell of a lot of clubs.

That only leaves East Tigers, Sunshine Coast Falcons and the Western Mustangs without affiliations (GC and NQ both have 3 feeder clubs).

Though if a new Brisbane team was to be the magpies. It doesn't mean the affiliation needs to be there with logan. If anything you would want a new club to be affiliated with that Northern Brisbane (and grab the Mustangs just for the Toowoomba pathway to your club). So take all those without affiliations and Redcliffe.

Mustangs? they are not in the QLD cup.

Anyway, the Broncos having 5 feeder teams is ridiculous really so they could easily share with another club in that respect.

If the 2nd club is East Brisbane then they can have the Tigers and Wynnum Seagulls
If it's Western Corridor then they get Jets and Magpies
If it's Redcliffe then they get Dolphins and maybe Norths Devils or Falcons and the Storm get the other one

not sure why Newcastle have been given the Jets , that's odd...

jim_57

Staff member
Never rely on Wiki mate

The 2020 version is

Broncos - Redcliffe, Souths-Logan, Norths, Wynnum-Manly, Central Qld
Cowboys - Townsville, Cairns, Mackay
Titans - Tweed, Burleigh
Melbourne - Easts, Sunshine Coast
Newcastle - Ipswich

PNG Hunters have no path up.

The Mustangs do not have a senior team, only 20's and lower

It would make perfect sense for Easts, Souths-Logan and Wynnum Manly to be the new Brisbane Feeder club. (south of the Brisbane river)

Leaving Brisbane Broncos with Redcliffe, Norths and the Capras.(North of the Brisbane river)

So that will not happen.

I'm surprised to see Newcastle linked with Ipswich, I thought NSW teams were stopped from linking with QLD Cup teams a few years ago?

As for the split it it will probably depend on which bid gets up and which 2nd tier clubs agree to switch.

Western Corridor - Ipswich, Souths Logan, Toowoomba (Junior teams).
Redcliffe - Redcliffe, Wynumm Manly/Norths/Sunshine Coast.
Bombers - Who Knows.
Easts - Easts, Souths Logan/Wynumm

It'd be interesting to see if any bids use QLD Cup teams as a sweetener. For example Western Corridor could say they'll commit money and resources to help a Toowoomba/South West club play in the QLD Cup.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Mustangs? they are not in the QLD cup.

Anyway, the Broncos having 5 feeder teams is ridiculous really so they could easily share with another club in that respect.

If the 2nd club is East Brisbane then they can have the Tigers and Wynnum Seagulls
If it's Western Corridor then they get Jets and Magpies
If it's Redcliffe then they get Dolphins and maybe Norths Devils or Falcons and the Storm get the other one

not sure why Newcastle have been given the Jets , that's odd...
Does not work that way mate, the QLD or the NRL cannot tell these clubs what to do.

Members of these clubs vote for any affliation, that the management of those clubs propose.

For example the Gold Coast pay for their feeder clubs
The Club also provides in excess of $120,000 funding to both the Burleigh Bears and Tweed Heads Seagulls whilst also providing more than $2,000,000 in players to the organisations Intrust Super Cup teams.
LINK
Not sure on the Broncos arrangements, I think it is just player loans.

The Cowboys as a members club has this setup with three other member clubs, so all of North Qld is non for profit member owned.

LINK

The Newcastle - Ipswich Jets is here