What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday - Rnd 1 vs Dogs

Bazal

Post Whore
More likely he’s just the least effective of the 3, especially when pre season training reports consistently mentioned Alvaro as the fittest forward in the team.

Even more likely is that RCG is going to be expected to play his role in defence, allowing us to have a more "attacking" option on the bench

Which would be fine if that option was someone other than Penishands TerePillow

Noise

Coach
Even more likely is that RCG is going to be expected to play his role in defence, allowing us to have a more "attacking" option on the bench

Which would be fine if that option was someone other than Penishands TerePillow
RCG was signed when merkins were still saying Alvaros work rate and defensive ability were needed in the team. Alvaros work rate and apparent ‘best middle defender’ in the game isn’t needed (or true) because other blokes can do what he does more effectively.

I would have preferred Kaufusi to Terepo.

Bandwagon

Staff member
RCG was signed when merkins were still saying Alvaros work rate and defensive ability were needed in the team. Alvaros work rate and apparent ‘best middle defender’ in the game isn’t needed (or true) because other blokes can do what he does more effectively.

I don't think being dropped for a single game is proof of that, it's indicative at best.

Bazal

Post Whore

More effectively, or just effectively enough that it allows us to play a more attacking bench?

It should also be noted that Alvaro was in pretty rubbish form last year.

Noise

Coach
More effectively, or just effectively enough that it allows us to play a more attacking bench?

It should also be noted that Alvaro was in pretty rubbish form last year.
Alvaro still has to contribute on both sides of the ball so on the whole (attack and defence) I would say more effectively.

yy_cheng

Coach
I know he sets the linespeed in defence etc, but can we sometimes hide reed at wing to give him a breather

TheParraboy

Staff member
Not even in the 21. There are 8 middle forwards ahead of him (which is pretty telling) RCG , Paulo, Brown, Evans, Niukore, Terepo, Stone and Kaufusi.

Not good for Alvaro if that is the pecking order (albeit only one match)

Injuries, Origin, poor form he may get a crack at some point, needs to make the most of it then

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not even in the 21. There are 8 middle forwards ahead of him (which is pretty telling) RCG , Paulo, Brown, Evans, Niukore, Terepo, Stone and Kaufusi.
He has played reserve grade every year since 2017. Why is it suddenly 'telling' that other fringe first graders are having their turn in the top 17?

Glenneel

Bench
Yeah CHN out is handy ..... What did they do? Piss on Pay's car wheels?
Visited a school recently and later took 2 girls back to their hotel room. Both overage but no mention of them having sex with them (innocent until proved guilty). But still stood down, not sure what crime they have committed even if they did have sex?