What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harawira-Naera and Okunbor suspended

Xcalibre

Juniors
Loving the outrage guys :thumbsup: just what fox, the dt et al want. what are your Twitter handles? I’d love to follow.

I didn’t realise girls that go to school were off limits. Oh that’s right, unless they’re under 16 the judicial system doesn’t care. Just like me. But put “school” and “girls” together and suddenly it’s outrage. Guess what? A shitload of school girls had sex with guys this week.

If all they did is get their number and meet up later, woopty do. They could’ve just as easily done the same if the girls were at the beach, shops etc.

They’ve breached NRL & Bulldogs rules which is another thing but the way people are carrying on is hilarious.

betcats

Referee
Loving the outrage guys :thumbsup: just what fox, the dt et al want. what are your Twitter handles? I’d love to follow.

I didn’t realise girls that go to school were off limits. Oh that’s right, unless they’re under 16 the judicial system doesn’t care. Just like me. But put “school” and “girls” together and suddenly it’s outrage. Guess what? A shitload of school girls had sex with guys this week.

If all they did is get their number and meet up later, woopty do. They could’ve just as easily done the same if the girls were at the beach, shops etc.

They’ve breached NRL & Bulldogs rules which is another thing but the way people are carrying on is hilarious.

Aw yess anyone who thinks picking up teenagers at highschool isn't cool must be getting played by the media. You f**king dropkick not everything is about the media. The media didn't make the dogs self report this, the media didn't make the potential sponsor pull out of the deal. Not only do you come off as having low morals with this shit you also seem obsessive about the media which in this case is purely reporting facts, they haven't sensationalised it at all you imbecile, the dogs and the nrl are making this a big thing and rightly so, most adults with their heads screwed on can see what is wrong. You are the nuffy getting played by the media, they are living in your head rent free.

Matua

Bench

I'm loving your outrage at people calling out a dumb arse player for doing something bloody stupid - what's your twitter handle?

axl rose

Bench

Surely its worth a "Code of Silence" ABC special in the next decade though (cue tears)

Dogs Of War

Coach
f**k me there are some pelicans in this thread.

It doesn't matter one f**king bit that they were above the age of consent. They met them when they were students in a school on an official visit.

They were in a position of power and they were trusted to treat the kids at the school properly. One of the definitions of 'treating school kids properly' is not checking their age then plowing them back at the hotel.

Not to mention that if you want standards at a club, and have rules around this sort of stuff. Then you need to enforce them. I'm not unhappy with how it's played out, other than the timing.

Xcalibre

Juniors
Definitely they are to blame for acting unprofessionally and breaking team rules in the second-dumbest way possible. Definitely they are to blame for thinking with their dicks. My sympathy extends as far as knowing what that (thinking with one's dick) can do to many (most?) young blokes. Their careers in Australia are probably over - and rightly so. Hope it was worth it you seedy idiots.

Like someone else said, a friend of a friend was done for something similar. Met a couple of 17 year old girls one day in the Valley, took them back home, smoked some weed and banged them. He was only 20 at the time. Problem is they were in school uniform. He went to jail for it, I think mainly because he gave them drugs. It's really hard to fathom what the hell he was thinking until you can honestly put yourself in that same position and ask yourself.. would you? I know I wouldn't now, but at 20? It's an uncomfortable question.

Anyway this is off topic because this bloke I'm talking about was not representing two layers of employer as a public person inside a school in a position of authority and specifically there to generate good will and PR.

Your friend did nothing wrong apart from the drugs thing if whatever that was. You’re telling me a 20 y.o guy can’t have consensual sex with a 17 y.o girl because she’s wearing a school uniform?! Nothing illegal or immoral in that. The only way your mate goes to jail is the girls were really under 16, or the sex wasn’t consensual. No other possibility.

Xcalibre

Juniors
Haha imagine sticking up for 24 year old pro footballers rooting chicks they met at a school visit you creeps.
They're lucky they were over 16 because I doubt their superior decision making ability extends to actually checking.

Imagine being a roosters supporter. Ewww

betcats

Referee
Haha imagine sticking up for 24 year old pro footballers rooting chicks they met at a school visit you creeps.
They're lucky they were over 16 because I doubt their superior decision making ability extends to actually checking.

Picturing Xcalibre as Clint dawg looking dude hanging out in front of high schools offering to buy 16 year olds alcohol and seeing if they wanna party.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Ok Maude.....

The Marshall

Juniors
You are talking rubbish mate if they had the ceo there then its not his normal press conference is it?

Edit: Coaches have media obligations where they have to talk to the press the day before the game is that what you mean Pay does? Cause that isn't a press conference. I have no trouble finding his post game pressers from last year, I cant see any pre game press conferances.

What do you call Pay standing in front a media scrum answering questions ? That's a press conference!
I don't really care if you think it's rubbish or not because that's what he has done since he arrived at the Dogs. It isn't something that is put online only the after game press conferences are.

betcats

Referee
What do you call Pay standing in front a media scrum answering questions ? That's a press conference!
I don't really care if you think it's rubbish or not because that's what he has done since he arrived at the Dogs. It isn't something that is put online only the after game press conferences are.

Every coach does that you nuffy its part of the NRLs media commitments which they agree to as part of the broadcasting deal. This was obviously outside their normal media commitments as evidenced by the ceo being present, any argument that it was just a their regular pre game media is completely made false by the fact that the CEO was there!

Xcalibre

Juniors
Aw yess anyone who thinks picking up teenagers at highschool isn't cool must be getting played by the media. You f**king dropkick not everything is about the media. The media didn't make the dogs self report this, the media didn't make the potential sponsor pull out of the deal. Not only do you come off as having low morals with this shit you also seem obsessive about the media which in this case is purely reporting facts, they haven't sensationalised it at all you imbecile, the dogs and the nrl are making this a big thing and rightly so, most adults with their heads screwed on can see what is wrong. You are the nuffy getting played by the media, they are living in your head rent free.

You mad bro? How’s your guy that filmed sex without the girl’s consent doing? Guess what, nothing non-consensual happened here so move along.

The media have everyone frothing at the mouth with how they present the story dimwit. You’ve bought into the outrage.

The Dogs did the right thing. From a club and competition pov, it’s not appropriate behaviour but the responses from LU and Twitter would make one think they had committed a heinous crime.

I have low morals aye? Well then, I guess the NSW legislature does also. I’m cool with that.

They haven’t sensationalised it? Lmfao, NRL 360 panel looked like they were mourning the death of rugby league. Just one example.