What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Membership Numbers

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Sharks membership numbers have finally been released. Currently at 9768..... down from 14 262 on the corresponding day last year. Equates to a drop of just over 30%. Guess it was to be expected playing out of Kogarah. Means a good start to the season is pretty important or it could become a bit of a ghost town over there.

Sharks membership numbers have finally been released. Currently at 9768..... down from 14 262 on the corresponding day last year. Equates to a drop of just over 30%. Guess it was to be expected playing out of Kogarah. Means a good start to the season is pretty important or it could become a bit of a ghost town over there.

Yeah that’s pretty alarming.

The team really need to get off to a flyer to get some momentum going.

shaggs

Coach
Are you country membership?

anyway my experience has been almost non existent. Don’t understand how a country/interstate membership that has been consistently auto renewed, can’t continue that way when zero seat allocation is involved.
Fair enough. I went with a GA season ticket and a reedy kids this year. never been on auto renew, so don’t how that would work

Fair enough. I went with a GA season ticket and a reedy kids this year. never been on auto renew, so don’t how that would work
Ahhh so there’s the difference. Pleased your was easy mate. I’m hearing from others that they have had problems. Anyway, simply suggesting that existing members who did have auto renew probably not in our numbers yet

shaggs

Coach
Ahhh so there’s the difference. Pleased your was easy mate. I’m hearing from others that they have had problems. Anyway, simply suggesting that existing members who did have auto renew probably not in our numbers yet
You would think that if a ticketed member was easy then all should have been.

yadamisha

Juniors
There was no auto renew, we were on it. The webportal shat itself and I couldn't do anything so I had to ring to sort our 'ET' seats across to Kogarah seats, which was no problem at all.

Cue the next negative press article to be on our membership drop from last year.

Buzz has probably got onto it for Sunday’s telecrap.

Eion

First Grade
Not surprised. Maybe there were ‘like for like’ legal type issues in not doing the auto-renew. But by god that would have had a massive impact.

lolesi

First Grade
any organization that closes its membership team / department before its set it up in its new location is a shambles.

had a horrendous experience attempting to gain membership.

still yet to receive mine or my partners pass for this season.

also, the absolute lol voucher that can’t be used online is so backwards.

I also have been a member for about ten years. my email from the club congratulated me on my first season as a member.

taipan

Referee
About what I expected at this stage.Probably more so in fact.
Winning games will help.Lot easier to commit when the ground is really home.
Two years will fly, just like 3 years since 2016.

Generalzod

Immortal
any organization that closes its membership team / department before its set it up in its new location is a shambles.

had a horrendous experience attempting to gain membership.

still yet to receive mine or my partners pass for this season.

also, the absolute lol voucher that can’t be used online is so backwards.

I also have been a member for about ten years. my email from the club congratulated me on my first season as a member.
Werent the membership team sacked by Bazza...

jc155776

Coach
I just renewed my families interstate memberships.

however before renewing I think I received one email a few months stating I couldn’t auto renew and that was it.

no follow up emails encouraging me to sign back up, no phone calls etc. seems like very little effort has gone into getting people to renew as I have other interstate mates in same position. We will all renew but some people might need reminding etc.

Seems weird they weren’t breaking down my door trying to get me to renew.

Things like this worry me, because the best teams wouldn’t be letting members just slide away without having a few cracks at them to renew for another year.

lolesi

First Grade
I just renewed my families interstate memberships.

however before renewing I think I received one email a few months stating I couldn’t auto renew and that was it.

no follow up emails encouraging me to sign back up, no phone calls etc. seems like very little effort has gone into getting people to renew as I have other interstate mates in same position. We will all renew but some people might need reminding etc.

Seems weird they weren’t breaking down my door trying to get me to renew.

Things like this worry me, because the best teams wouldn’t be letting members just slide away without having a few cracks at them to renew for another year.

100% jc.

this is exactly when they need to be relentless, these next two years will be tough for us and membership is needed now, can’t wait for 2022 when as a club, that is not guaranteed, we don’t have that luxury unfortunately