What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harawira-Naera and Okunbor suspended

Perth Red

Post Whore
Much the same as the present case. People just can’t get their head around that some school girls are sexually active and if they’re of the legal age, it’s their prerogative.

Just like Carney they couldn’t get their head around him doing a silly prank.

It’s funny how sanctimonious people get when a footy player does something unsavory.

yeh it’s like expecting highly paid professional athletes who work in a very public facing business and who know there is a media waiting to crucify them and their company and where any immoral or illegal behaviour can cost your company millions should somehow know how to behave is expecting too much.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The legality around who in a school is qualified and registered as a teacher and who is

Well it's already directly cost the Dogs a 2 mill a year sponsor... MULTIPLIED by how many years that may have been for... AND how much it lowers the value of the next contract...
AND how much it damaged the BUlldogs brand... and the NRL brand... each leading to further loss of opportunities, viewers and money...

Actions have consequences and that is about as direct a line as I can draw for the morons who say they did nothing wrong & don't deserve a punishment...

Imagine fronting up to YOUR boss because you just cost him 2 MILLION in an immediate contract, destroyed the name of his family business, untold reputational dmg (honestly how much would you sue for if this was untrue & you were a player/Doggies? Millions) & created a viral shozstorm all because you ...

want to try and argue it is OK for you to root the clients schoolkid. School...kid.

Who you met on a school visit. At her school. While on company time.

Good luck fellas.
I understood 2mil to be the entire worth of the deal, not per season.

I would be surprised if a local family restaurant chain had a spare $2m in their annual budget for sponsorship

I understood 2mil to be the entire worth of the deal, not per season.

I would be surprised if a local family restaurant chain had a spare $2m in their annual budget for sponsorship

Have you seen the prices of a meal there?

but you are right I believe, I thought it was the whole deal too.

franklin2323

Immortal
I'll go 1 further to say in Okunbor's case it seems the girl instigated it online and was very forward with her intentions.

He had to pump the breaks though. Just the fact club rules were no girls at the hotel should've been enough to realise its a work trip, not a hook up holiday.

Exactly. Depending on the contract possibly he is fine if it happens down the track

Coparugby

Juniors
It wouldn’t surprise me if some schools now refuse to host NRL teams.

There are a lot of vulnerable children in schools and parents, teachers and the wider community don’t want adults going to the school who are actively looking to sleep with the children there.

It’s truly appalling. These players should be thrown out of the NRL and sued by the club.

SBD82

Coach
Hypothetically....

What if the player and the girl legitimately started seeing each other... turned into a relationship...

?
It doesn’t change the fact that he met her at school when he was acting in a professional capacity.

When you go to a school (and I can’t stress this strongly enough)...

Dont. f**k. The. Schoolchildren.

Canard

Immortal
That would have been a neat looking major sponsor, and now it's f**ked by two 50 IQ morons who couldn't act with a level of professionalism people on half their yearly salary would happily abide by.

Nek minnit, Dogs get a new major sponsor that blends in like Herbal World...

The logical replacement would be the Safe Schools program.

Sphagnum

Coach
Going to school as part of their job and deciding to sleep with the school kids?

You can’t see any issues with that?
Yeah, the biggest problem is the fact that your using the word ‘kids’ to describe the girl and not the players. It’s disingenuous.

Coparugby

Juniors
Yeah, the biggest problem is the fact that your using the word ‘kids’ to describe the girl and not the players. It’s disingenuous.
They are school kids. Parents don’t send their kids to school to be hit on by official visitors.

Sphagnum

Coach
They are school kids. Parents don’t send their kids to school to be hit on by official visitors.

I’m sure all of the parents are delighted to have a mental giant such as yourself speaking on their behalf.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I’m gonna choose to not start making shit up to support mine though.

Is it officially mandated by the NRL or is this another rule that’s being massaged on the fly?

Latest posts