What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ARLC to meet expansion bidders.

Dogs Of War

Coach
And the Titans have definitely struggled to even cement brand colors. Short of a brand reboot, the obvious choice for GC is doing a solid, single-colour jumper (the blue seems likely, though gold would be more unique, approapriate for the GOLD Coast and it would get them away from the NSW-esque look).

I liked the V jersey they used. What they do need to do is stop chopping and changing jerseys each season. Might be something for the NRL to step in and dictate like the NFL that you must keep the same basic jersey design for 4-5 seasons. You can have a couple of extra jerseys for 9's and special games throughout the season. It at least allows fans to know when they buy a jersey it won't be superseded the next season. It would help build there identity (well winning games would help even more).

MugaB

Coach
I liked the V jersey they used. What they do need to do is stop chopping and changing jerseys each season. Might be something for the NRL to step in and dictate like the NFL that you must keep the same basic jersey design for 4-5 seasons. You can have a couple of extra jerseys for 9's and special games throughout the season. It at least allows fans to know when they buy a jersey it won't be superseded the next season. It would help build there identity (well winning games would help even more).
I reckon stick to the original inaugural jersey, and get a better logo, keep that for a decade, maybe folks will care when the design changes that following season20191223_153753.jpg

Also note that this year past was Auckland Warriors and North QLD cowboys 25th anniversary, and both teams stuck with their inaugural colors and designs and are better for it. The warriors reverting back their Blue green red and white, instead of the all black and red rubbish.
Also Cowboys ditching that terrible horns jersey, for the Navy, Grey, White and Gold. Where previously they'd flog the blue and gold aspect of their colors only or only blue or white, atleast now you see the unique colors they have when their jersey has a prominent grey/silver all over it
nrl611bc.jpg

Last edited:

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I reckon stick to the original inaugural jersey, and get a better logo, keep that for a decade, maybe folks will care when the design changes that following seasonView attachment 36673

Also note that this year past was Auckland Warriors and North QLD cowboys 25th anniversary, and both teams stuck with their inaugural colors and designs and are better for it. The warriors reverting back their Blue green red and white, instead of the all black and red rubbish.
Also Cowboys ditching that terrible horns jersey, for the Navy, Grey, White and Gold. Where previously they'd flog the blue and gold aspect of their colors only or only blue or white, atleast now you see the unique colors they have when their jersey has a prominent grey/silver all over it
View attachment 36674

That Titans jumper does quite do it....

The best thing about the original was the Butchers stripes they had on the shoulders and side pannels. I dont think we necesarily need to go back to the original jumper, I think it is more important to go back to that core design element.

The butcher stripe is classic RL and would be utterly unique atm. (It even works with the original colours to make a unique design)

89773733_2764962746890848_5663484523799642112_n.jpg

Diesel

Referee
I sent that to the titans marketing team, incase they ever wanted to use it for anything, old boys day etc.. they like it, but said maybe one day
It’s a nice badge. The current one has run its course, much like the Broncos chess piece and the Roosters logo which should be used for kids marketing.

Broncos and Roosters should revert back to their old logos but tweak it to look modern, much like Canterbury-Bankstown did with their current logo

MugaB

Coach
It’s a nice badge. The current one has run its course, much like the Broncos chess piece and the Roosters logo which should be used for kids marketing.

Broncos and Roosters should revert back to their old logos but tweak it to look modern, much like Canterbury-Bankstown did with their current logo
I made a updated broncos one a few months back
Brisbane Broncos.png
And theres been a eastern suburbs roosters updated logo going about too
Sydney Roosters.png
not sure who created the roosters one tho, but i like it

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
My strategy long-term in QLD would be:

North QLD Cowboys
Redcliffe Dolphins
Brisbane Broncos
Ipswich Jets
Gold Coast Titans

Those five brands are the biggest brands in QLD RL and are far enough apart (especially as the population grows) to carve out their own fan base. One these are in the NRL QLD is done at NRL level so we don't fall into the oversaturation trap - all further expansion work can be done in the QLD Cup.

AFL and RU already struggle to compete in QLD - this will close the door forever.

FYI - my ideal NRL endgame (I'd work towards this over the next 30 years) mix is:
QLD - 5 clubs
  • North QLD Cowboys
  • Redcliffe Dolphins
  • Brisbane Broncos
  • Ipswich Jets
  • Gold Coast Titans
NZ - 2 clubs
  • Auckland Warriors
  • Christchurch
ACT - 1 club
  • Canberra Raiders
VIC - 2 clubs
  • Melbourne Storm
SA - 1 club
  • Adelaide Sea Eagles
WA - 1 club
  • West Coast Tigers
NSW - 9 clubs (6 in Sydney)
  • Sydney Roosters (North and Eastern Sydney)
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs
  • Cronulla Sharks
  • Central Coast Bears
  • St George Illawarra Dragons (Wollongong)
  • Parramatta Eels
  • Canterbury Bulldogs
  • Penrith Panthers
  • Newcastle Knights