What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bummer - NRL May Be Canceled 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Seriously, this wanker hasn't posted about league in a league forum for how long now?

Just ban the attention seeking prick already.

Benek

Juniors
I hate to drag up this nutcase thread, but is anyone thinking of not going to live games they otherwise would have? I'm considering skipping the Eden Park game because it's always a nightmare to go to and from anyway, and practising some "social distancing" isn't a bad idea. I'm a season member so it's nothing to do with cost, but they may lose my bum on the seat.

How badly are NRL crowds and revenues going to suffer from this? Cancelling games is one thing (which I don't think will happen) but that doesn't mean many people will go to watch them. I just heard the NCAA March Madness basketball games are going to be played sans fans.

Last edited:

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
there is a definite chance of games being postponed if not cancelled.

I think that will have more of an impact of revenue then lower crowds as im unsure of how it works with the TV deal. If a game is not delivered does the NRL have to give back a certain amount of $$$ to the networks?

Meth

Staff member
I hate to drag up this nutcase thread, but is anyone thinking of not going to live games they otherwise would have? I'm considering skipping the Eden Park game because it's always a nightmare to go to and from anyway, and practising some "social distancing" isn't a bad idea. I'm a season member so it's nothing to do with cost, but they may lose my bum on the seat.

How badly are NRL crowds and revenues going to suffer from this? Cancelling games is one thing (which I don't think will happen) but that doesn't mean many people will go to watch them. I just heard the NCAA March Madness basketball games are going to be played with sans fans.

No, not really. I'm not a doctor, but I've watched these things play out before- seems to be another case of lot of media hype leading to public hysteria before it all dissipates. The hysteria is a legitimate threat even if the virus isn't

No, not really. I'm not a doctor, but I've watched these things play out before- seems to be another case of lot of media hype leading to public hysteria before it all dissipates. The hysteria is a legitimate threat even if the virus isn't
The biggest issue is the fear of the unknown for most.

The government is worried if 200 people need ICU beds and they only have 100 the shit hits the fan. So need to slow the spread as much as possible.

I have no worry about the virus as I have no medical conditions, fit, healthy non diabetic etc.

Those over 65, diabetic, heart and lunch conditions have most to worry about.

There has been 15000 recorded cases of influneza A and B this year 3000 more than this time last year in Australia. That is a concern for government/health systems if we get a double whammy.

How badly are NRL crowds and revenues going to suffer from this? Cancelling games is one thing (which I don't think will happen) but that doesn't mean many people will go to watch them. I just heard the NCAA March Madness basketball games are going to be played sans fans.
Id say crowds down so atmosphere not there. But if you have no health conditions you have little to worry about.

Iron Lion

Juniors
Don't want attention.

Just want you and your family to live.

Just buy food for you and your family to cover 6 months.

Please. I don't want to be the joke. This is serious. Its no joke guys.

Italy death toll has risen to 44%

PLEASE BUY FOOD AND WATER NOW.

If not for you, for your kids, for your wife....for your parents.

Juju

Juniors
Don't want attention.

Just want you and your family to live.

Just buy food for you and your family to cover 6 months.

Please. I don't want to be the joke. This is serious. Its no joke guys.

Italy death toll has risen to 44%

PLEASE BUY FOOD AND WATER NOW.

If not for you, for your kids, for your wife....for your parents.
Calm down buddy. Its all going to be ok

Juju

Juniors
It's pretty safe to say we're going to have some disruptions to normal life pretty soon... but
I don't think there's too much point getting hysterical about it all.

Matua

Bench
It would be funny if this was the stopped clock that Iron Lion actually got right considering how wrong he is about everything else. Kata coming good ... :):):)

Iron Lion

Juniors
It would be funny if this was the stopped clock that Iron Lion actually got right considering how wrong he is about everything else. Kata coming good ... :):):)

Mate, I hope you guys look back on this and laugh at me for as long as your on here.

The biggest idiot/tard ever on this forum

That would be awesome. Id take that at this stage

Kata did come good...just not in the NRL

Anyhow, expect NRL to be ruled out 2020/21 and even maybe not back again

Status
Not open for further replies.