What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 1 2020 Eels v Dogs BankWest Stadium - Game Day Thread

Bazal

Post Whore
I'll take any round one win.

And any win against the Dogs. f**k they're good at f**king up a game of footy. The Shane Flanagan school of footy, give away a thousand penalties to take any momentum out of the game and back your defence.

So it's all ok by me. We were ok, plenty of derp was the big problem but you can fix that easy enough

Chipmunk

Coach
Well it took us all of the 80 minutes, but we got there in the end. The Dogs were pretty gallant, but we didn't offer a lot in attack to really test them. Our defence was strong, but you have to ask did our opponents really challenge our defence that much.

Plenty to work on, it looks like we've done zero work on our attack as a team.

2 points in the first game of the season is always handy and a win is a win.

I'll be interested to see how we progress this season to be honest. We're a very long way from where we need to be.

Sphagnum

Coach
All I wanted to see was us getting our defensive house in order this year. Based on that I’d see neither team is bottom of the table fodder which is good for us.

win’s a win brotherf**kers

Dibs

Bench
I thought we were well on top when we were in their faces with energy, and aggression.

The problem was that, as we started to make errors, and possession swung in their favour, these tactics were not efficient any longer.
I agree. The issue was a dropped ball and a 5th tackle penalty which swung the momentum. We need to come up with points off the back of the aggression or be more disciplined to stop the momentum swing. Drop balls and penalties will happen but it’s back to back errors that hurt.

Eelementary

Post Whore
The Dogs had, imo, 2 clear scoring opportunities, which were snuffed out by our scramble.

We were rusty in attack, and made plenty of errors - but imo, if you defend, and scramble, like that, you will win more than you lose.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I agree. The issue was a dropped ball and a 5th tackle penalty which swung the momentum. We need to come up with points off the back of the aggression or be more disciplined to stop the momentum swing. Drop balls and penalties will happen but it’s back to back errors that hurt.

Absolutely, mate.

I am actually pretty happy with tonight - we played for 80 minutes.

It was a huge effort.

Latest posts