What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bummer - NRL May Be Canceled 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
There will definitely be a downturn in the economy.

The question is how long it lasts before things rebound.

Slower manufacturing, less retail traffic, travel and import restrictions etc will all have different effects on the economy.

Again, depends how long it lasts.

Iron Lion

Juniors
There will definitely be a downturn in the economy.

The question is how long it lasts before things rebound.

Slower manufacturing, less retail traffic, travel and import restrictions etc will all have different effects on the economy.

Again, depends how long it lasts.

We have roughly 4 months of medicine left in New Zealand & most countries.

India Government has put a halt to all medicine leaving India. They are the worlds 3rd biggest manufacturer. China is number 1.

If no manufacturing overseas no medicine is coming.

It is predicted that this virus could last two years before an effective vaccine is available.

Iron Lion

Juniors
@Iron Lion I don't know everything, but one thing I do know is this- you are the exact opposite of a person that I would listen to in any given crisis

That may be very well true.

However, I haven't been proven wrong about this virus. Everything I said has happened & continues to happen when you all said it was just a cold.

Some people had pre-information. I did the right thing and give you a heads up for you & your family and anyone with common sense to listen.

You don't appreciate that. Fair enough. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

I won't tell you what comes next except for a couple of signs to look for. You have not believed me at any step even though it has happened.

I will just repeat. You need a bare minimum of 6 months of food and water. That likely won't be enough but it will get through when others don't. All your medicine you need to have now.

The USA has 2 weeks until forced quarantine. Australia has 3-4 weeks before the quarantine.

Once NZ hits 100 cases you better have all the supplies you need to last a long time.

Best of luck.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
We have roughly 4 months of medicine left in New Zealand & most countries.

India Government has put a halt to all medicine leaving India. They are the worlds 3rd biggest manufacturer. China is number 1.

If no manufacturing overseas no medicine is coming.

It is predicted that this virus could last two years before an effective vaccine is available.

There's a difference between things being slowed or in a downturn and being halted completely.

Two years......*yawn*.- two years has been a theorised timeline for "heightened coronavirus alert until it settles into the same categry as the other four coronavirus strains that already exist and we deal with on a day to day basis"

This is why nobody listens to you. You take something that has "some" validity and then push it to the extreme for melodramatic effect.

Benek

Juniors
Iron, shouldn't you be out buying toilet paper or something?

If it's as bleak as you say, don't waste your precious time here. Spend it with your family before the world ends.

The rest of us prefer to listen to more common sense info sources rather than the most extreme propaganda.

adamkungl

Immortal
@Iron Lion
Humour me here.
Ok, everyone laughed when you said sport would be cancelled, but here we are.
But in hindsight, this was a predictable outcome even if no one wanted to admit it.

But how do you see a situation arising where we need to stockpile 6 months of supplies?
The worst case outcome for cv19, if every single person got it at once, is a 2-3% death rate, hospitals unable to cope and people dying due to under-resourcing.
The consequences of governments shutting down food supply would be far worse. People would die of poverty or riot or turn to crime to feed themselves and their families. Total social collapse if the food chain is stopped. Letting everyone get sick and 2% of the population dropping is a less drastic outcome than the alternative.

IF IT CAME TO THE ABOVE the government will let the virus play out rather than force people into jobless and foodless isolation for months.
The current plan is to delay the spread while keeping essentials running. The slower the spread, the less hard hospitals are hit, and the less deaths by the time a vaccine is developed.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
@Iron Lion
Humour me here.
Ok, everyone laughed when you said sport would be cancelled, but here we are.
But in hindsight, this was a predictable outcome even if no one wanted to admit it.

But how do you see a situation arising where we need to stockpile 6 months of supplies?
The worst case outcome for cv19, if every single person got it at once, is a 2-3% death rate, hospitals unable to cope and people dying due to under-resourcing.
The consequences of governments shutting down food supply would be far worse. People would die of poverty or riot or turn to crime to feed themselves and their families. Total social collapse if the food chain is stopped. Letting everyone get sick and 2% of the population dropping is a less drastic outcome than the alternative.

IF IT CAME TO THE ABOVE the government will let the virus play out rather than force people into jobless and foodless isolation for months.
The current plan is to delay the spread while keeping essentials running. The slower the spread, the less hard hospitals are hit, and the less deaths by the time a vaccine is developed.

Exactly, the point of these cancellations and lockdowns is not necessarily to stop the virus but slow the curve and speed in which it spreads.

In no way is it evidence of society crumbling.

It's not ideal, but in the long run it will work, just like the idiots panicking on the stock market and causing a crash (FYI, good time to buy), once things settle it will recover.

adamkungl

Immortal
Exactly, the point of these cancellations and lockdowns is not necessarily to stop the virus but slow the curve and speed in which it spreads.

In no way is it evidence of society crumbling.

It's not ideal, but in the long run it will work, just like the idiots panicking on the stock market and causing a crash (FYI, good time to buy), once things settle it will recover.

Yeah. If it comes to a choice of "go without food" or "get sick for a few days" no ones choosing go without food. We're not talking a 50% mortality rate here where we all have to go live in underground bunkers.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I still can’t see the season being cancelled. More likely we get some closed door matches and maybe a postponement of matches for a period, with possibly a shortened schedule.

Matua

Bench
The Warriors might have all their matches declared draws if Oz closes its borders ... they might go close to the 8 then!

Diesel

Referee
Govt in Australia expected to announce no crowds over 500. Might be ok for super rugby in Australia but looks better for the Warriors playing in empty Australian stadiums

Diesel

Referee
I still can’t see the season being cancelled. More likely we get some closed door matches and maybe a postponement of matches for a period, with possibly a shortened schedule.
100% closed stadiums, the TV executives will be loving this so games won’t be cancelled

Benek

Juniors
100% closed stadiums, the TV executives will be loving this so games won’t be cancelled
Except what about the season members who already paid hundreds for our seats? I wonder if we get refunded if fans are banned from stadiums? Gosh, how much money are clubs going to lose this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts