What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Vs The Roosters

GongPanther

Referee
The Panthers Jersey Flegg clash against North Sydney Bears, originally scheduled for this Saturday, will instead be played on Sunday at St Marys Leagues Stadium.

The fixture has been rescheduled and relocated due to facility requirements created by the new NRL guidelines to combat Coronavirus (COVID-19).

The Jersey Flegg match will kick off at 11am on Sunday 15 March at St Marys Leagues Stadium with free entry for Panthers members or anyone holding tickets from Saturday's gameday at Panthers Stadium.

The Canterbury Cup (5.20pm) and NRL fixtures (7.35pm) will still be played at Panthers Stadium on Saturday, with all gates to now open at 5pm.

UPDATED GAMEDAY GUIDE - Everything you need to know

https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2020/03/13/jersey-flegg-clash-with-bears-rescheduled/

Pomoz

Bench
Yes my daughter too, sorry i did forget about sick children, most of the news has been pummeling death tolls, but then only revealing that most were frail older folk, my bad.

Plus the supermarket outrage over toilet paper... fun fact the Philippines folk use a form of a bidea, called a tabou, they dont even use toilet paper unless its at a hotel, for the tourists, it mostly clogs up their bad plumbing, so there is always signs about the excessive useage
Thailand is the same. To be honest, I much prefer it. Toilet paper is only used to dab dry the water. Much better for the environment.

betcats

Referee
Catching a virus doesn't automatically mean you will die, its affecting those with poor health/old age, as in older folk, seems to me if your told to stay home for a fortnight to get over it, most probably an argessive flu, should go out and buy some palletes of toilet paper just incase of the apocalypse.... geez

Of course it doesn’t. Only 2-3 percent are dying and some think that’s a high percentage because the mild cases aren’t even being reported. And as you’ve eluded to it’s mostly the old who are dying or those with other high risk concerns like respiratory illness or high blood pressure. Well over 95 percent of people are recovering and most were only mildly sick. But if preventative measures aren’t taken then instead of twenty percent of the population catching it sixty percent will in which case the number total deaths is a lot higher than it needs to be. I’m not saying cancelling everything is the answer but you can’t expect governments to not take a pandemic seriously because it’s only killing old people for the most part.

Last edited:

age.s

First Grade
My 12 year old step daughter has Asthma and we have a 15 week old girl as well.

Also people need to take it a bit more seriously. Italy is shut down with their hospitals overrun to the point of deciding who to treat based on survival chances.

Not to minimise the risk or concern here, but children are pretty safe from COVID. As far as I'm aware there have been no deaths of children under 15. The regular flu provides more of a risk to your little ones.

But I completely understand your concern. My wife is 33 weeks pregnant and no amount of reading up on the lack of risk for otherwise healthy pregnant women or newborns really helps. Not to mention I'm sure all of us have older/vulnerable people in our lives who we very much want to be around for a lot longer.

I think 2020 is going to a severely abridged season at absolute best. Shame, because I think we were on track to win it :p

age.s

First Grade
too much money and jobs in it to stop entirely. Will just pause it

Serie A is on hold indefinitely. Melb GP cancelled and Victorian premier refusing to confirm that rd 1 of the AFL will go ahead. EPL management holding emergency meeting with postponement on the agenda after a player and coach confirmed they have it. NBA postponed. Plenty more leagues in doubt.

If by "pause it" you mean "till next year" than sure, but I think this season is going to end up being unrecognisable in comparison to previous years.

OldPanther

Coach
Not to minimise the risk or concern here, but children are pretty safe from COVID. As far as I'm aware there have been no deaths of children under 15. The regular flu provides more of a risk to your little ones.

But I completely understand your concern. My wife is 33 weeks pregnant and no amount of reading up on the lack of risk for otherwise healthy pregnant women or newborns really helps. Not to mention I'm sure all of us have older/vulnerable people in our lives who we very much want to be around for a lot longer.

I think 2020 is going to a severely abridged season at absolute best. Shame, because I think we were on track to win it :p

I've since spoken to my sister who's a paramedic and she's not too worried.

20200313_135539.jpg

age.s

First Grade
Gatherings of 500 people or more banned, so tomorrow nights game will be played behind closed doors if it goes ahead.

Yeah not surprising. You just need a few people to be sick at a gathering of 10k+ and containing the thing becomes impossible. Not everyone will get infected but you can't contain all the links with that many people. The scale just gets out of hand.

Surprised last night went ahead tbh.

franklin2323

Immortal
Serie A is on hold indefinitely. Melb GP cancelled and Victorian premier refusing to confirm that rd 1 of the AFL will go ahead. EPL management holding emergency meeting with postponement on the agenda after a player and coach confirmed they have it. NBA postponed. Plenty more leagues in doubt.

If by "pause it" you mean "till next year" than sure, but I think this season is going to end up being unrecognisable in comparison to previous years.

Those leagues have players affected and rates far higher then here. International travel will drop and that will help slow it.

No way I see no Origin this year