What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 1 2020 Eels v Dogs BankWest Stadium - Game Day Thread

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I particularly like the thing that whathisname did in the first half, or maybe it was the second half? Anyway, it was pretty good.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Although a lot of people, not here, are saying last nights game was a dog's breakfast, excuse the pun, but I dont think it was all that bad. Yes it was only one try but this the game Parramatta needs, no matter who the opposition is, they need a tough gritty game.

In defense they talked to each other didn't panic, aside from 1 or 2 missed tackles which can happen, something that Arthur wanted to improve from last year.

In attack well they had quite a few chances early but couldn't cross that line. I feel they panicked a little bit trying the offload and short kicks which didnt go to plan. But at least their hands weren't down.

Look Canterbury aren't an easy team, they have their big forwards and yes they show very little in attack but do play patient and show so much in defence.

The one positive is that we're going into the next game, Titans, with things to improve.

If we won by 13+ last night I wouldve been a bit worried with a mindset that we could easily beat them.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Pay only used 16 players as well. What if we'd carried an extra middle forward and then lost an edge player during the game? It's not spin, it's risk management.

what if ? is a theoretical that didn't eventuate

I also think Pay had a serious lack of depth which may have contributed to his decision making

lingard

Coach
It's like asking why wear a seatbelt if you're not going to have a crash.

We didn't use him because we didn't have any injuries requiring him to replace a better player, and the game was too close to give him a run for shiggles.

Well I only ever wear a seatbelt when I'm going to have a crash. Seems to work for me.

Latest posts