What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Presidents Cup & Sydney Shield

Bulabrother

Juniors
Fiji by 20 you think, I guess we’ll see. Do Fiji have any players with NRL or NSW Cup experience??
There 2 players that have RM and NSW experience
Tikiko Noke - previously played at Souths Logan
Jowasa Drodrolagi - GB and Western Suburbs
Osea Sadrau - Played in the 2008 RLWC
Illisavani Jegesa - was part of the Fijian squad in the 2013 RLWC

rightleftin

Juniors
Now that the teams are published I think I can pick the bottom 3 before a game is played - Windsor and Cabra have about 7 guys of RMC standard and Silktails might not have that many.

And at the other extreme, 3 players from Wenty's RMC premiership team have no game. Norths sign a squad of 19. The 17 for round 1 has 11 Roosters, 5 from Norths and 1 from Asquith. It appears that none of the other 14 Norths players have been selected by Asquith so guys like Josh Bergamin, Josh Daley, Jack Morris, D'Rhys Miller, Nick O'Meley and John Tuivaiti have no game. In addition, Manaiah Rudolph, Epa Navale and Jakob Giles are also missing from the Asquith side.

twentyforty

Juniors
Now that the teams are published I think I can pick the bottom 3 before a game is played - Windsor and Cabra have about 7 guys of RMC standard and Silktails might not have that many.

And at the other extreme, 3 players from Wenty's RMC premiership team have no game. Norths sign a squad of 19. The 17 for round 1 has 11 Roosters, 5 from Norths and 1 from Asquith. It appears that none of the other 14 Norths players have been selected by Asquith so guys like Josh Bergamin, Josh Daley, Jack Morris, D'Rhys Miller, Nick O'Meley and John Tuivaiti have no game. In addition, Manaiah Rudolph, Epa Navale and Jakob Giles are also missing from the Asquith side.

Sharkie any updates here from your sources.

rightleftin

Juniors
Maybe it's because the clubs don't know the correct PPIS points for each player because NSWRL haven't given the list ?

There has been an update on the NSWRL website with 11 new players inserted in RMC and 8 guys listed as RMC now in SS. Dylan O'Connor is now the fullback. He split his time between Souths and Hills last year and played a trial for Souths a month ago.

rightleftin

Juniors
First result of the season, SS premiers Ryde Eastwood have beaten Moorebank 50-8. Ryde Eastwood were missing Angelo Pananbalana, Justin Frain and Tony Tali but had way too much fire power for the Rams who as usual had 10 Bulldogs Flegg players in the team.

rightleftin

Juniors
Fiji demolish Windsor 40-16 for a first-up victory. Well done to them.

Yes Petero C and the rest of the Fiji officials will be very pleased, especially after they trailed 16-6 in the first quarter of the game. Windsor may show some improvement when Brendan Waters, Cowan Epere, Josh Fraser, Brock Pelligra and James Merceski are included in the side but I think todays Windsor team would get flogged by the Asquith SS side.

Glebe Burwood had a good result, beating Hills District 12-4. Hills included 4 from the Souths NSW Cup squad in their team. Wenty were their own worst enemy in an unconvincing 18-14 win over Cabra. Wenty had 6 scoring opportunities in the first half but only converted one and in the second half had 3 tries disallowed. Ethan Parry, from the Eels top 30, had a good game for Wenty, scoring 2 tries and having another disallowed while Danny Fualalo played the full 80 minutes for Cabra, continually making ground with the ball, hitting in defence and throwing a few nice offloads. Although Wenty's finishing was inept, they were brutal in defence for most of the game. Expect Frank Pritchard to be playing by round 6.

In SS

In addition to the Ryde Eastwood result this morning:

Hills 24 beat University 20
Belrose 20 drew with Guildford 20
Wenty 28 beat Cabramatta 16

Shaq Mitchell played SS for Hills. Belrose blew a 16-0 lead and only grabbed a point by scoring in the final 30 seconds of the game. Jake Pickering scored 2 tries and as would be expected, Josh Martin played well but it is all a bit hazy as the officials did not turn on the computer. Troy Errington certainly did not play for Guildford as he played SS for Wenty tonight. As expected Cabra had 5 players from the RMC game back up in SS.

Last edited:

Butts74

Juniors
I was out at Henson park today watching the games and I think Ryde will go very close to taking it out again. And they had players missing. Hills should of dominated in SS and RMC with the teams they had. They had about 15+ come back from Souths down to Hills and they also have some playing in the A grade trials, which would be so degrading for them.