What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Pommy

Coach
The whole thing makes no sense. No footy/concerts but go to a germ riddled office on the train

standard OHS, lowest reasonable risk. They can’t shut down the country indefinitely, they can shut down sports games.
I’m not saying it’s the correct course of action but that’s the logic behind it. Why they’re waiting another two days who knows, ScoMo has made a massive rod for his own back. If he goes it looks like he put the ban on Monday so he could have a night out, if he doesn’t it looks like he’s avoiding it and letting his citizens risk it.

King hit

Coach
I bought a club membership (although a small one) for this year so I hope it will be all good for magic round or Townsville.

franklin2323

Immortal
standard OHS, lowest reasonable risk. They can’t shut down the country indefinitely, they can shut down sports games.
I’m not saying it’s the correct course of action but that’s the logic behind it. Why they’re waiting another two days who knows, ScoMo has made a massive rod for his own back. If he goes it looks like he put the ban on Monday so he could have a night out, if he doesn’t it looks like he’s avoiding it and letting his citizens risk it.

Notice no flight bans either just dumb

betcats

Referee

As said in that article it’s nowhere close. It’s being tested on animals which will take up to a year according to the article, they need to do this thousands of times before they even consider testing on a human which has to happen thousands of times. There will be no vaccine this year, no chance of it it’s years away. You could have a vaccine in a lab that cures all animals of the virus right now and it would still take months or years of testing on humans before they produce it a large scale.

Last edited:

johnny plath

Juniors
So if 500 is some magical threshold of being close proximity to people, is there a reason why stadiums couldn't be operated with a reduced capacity and have people in sections of maximum 500, then with some space between sections. Surely you could spread 10 000 people around ANZ stadium and not have any one within 5 metres of each other, 500 seems just a wierd number, especially when thousands of people will be cramming on trains everyday to go to work.

So if 500 is some magical threshold of being close proximity to people, is there a reason why stadiums couldn't be operated with a reduced capacity and have people in sections of maximum 500, then with some space between sections. Surely you could spread 10 000 people around ANZ stadium and not have any one within 5 metres of each other, 500 seems just a wierd number, especially when thousands of people will be cramming on trains everyday to go to work.

There are experts far more educated than me or you who got that figure. But I did think the same idea of spreading people out across a stadium like that too.

That said the number a crowd of 10,000 has so many more contact points and permutations of contact as opposed to 500. As for public transport, I reckon you'll find people avoiding trains again where possible and driving - there could be carnage on the roads again come Monday and/or mass absences from the CBD.

TheVelourFog

First Grade
absolutely pathetic
there should have been a plan in place a week ago

if this thing was more deadly the dithering would have killed us already

Zero faith in the people in charge

coolumsharkie

Referee
absolutely pathetic
there should have been a plan in place a week ago

if this thing was more deadly the dithering would have killed us already

Zero faith in the people in charge

I have zero faith in my fellow Australians, absolutely pathetic this whole dunny roll thing. Not only is the general population as dumb as stones, disgraceful behaviour also thrown into the mix.

We've been breeding morons and now thats coming to fruition. Yay!

Grapple

Bench
The PM has confirmed he is going to the sharks game on the weekend. The mind boggles at the implications of that.

Especially given that poor ol' mate Cronulla are starting their season with too many injured to put up a decent fight. What's he thinking?
Souths will roll them. It's a weird feeling to type down down cronulla and support Souths, but then again i've been drinking so i'm not really sure what's going on.

BunniesMan

Immortal
That number is only accurate if you think they have recorded every case of coronavirus. There would be countless thousands of people who had the minor symptoms and never bothered to go to a hospital or see a doctor. It is minor in more than 80% of cases, the people who didn't panic and run to a hospital do not get counted in the stats.

Latest posts