What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Knight76

Juniors
I'm still going to the Knights game if still able to tomorrow. I'm not going to miss the only footy I may be able to see live for who knows how long.

PM still going though is a bad look.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I dislike ScoMo but he is right not to overreact.

If we were rational about this only the people at high risk of complications would quarantine everybody else would go on with their levels.

Bazal

Post Whore

If we were rational about this only the people at high risk of complications would quarantine everybody else would go on with their levels.

Is that A levels or O levels?

Frailty

First Grade

Except that would achieve a whole bunch of nothing.

macnaz

Staff member
Roosters to get another f*cking advantage !!! They are so used to playing in empty stadiums they will be unfazed by the new rules.

Billythekid

First Grade
I think a lot of people (including in this thread) have no idea just how bad things can get and how quickly they can get. As someone who is working in an ED we’re already talking about having to make some serious decision about which patients we’ll even be able to treat. How hospitals are already at capacity in a lot of cases with the flu season just starting to kick in. If corona truly takes off like in other countries our health system is in for a rough time and people will die as a result.

This is why decisions of this magnitude are made by experts and not grade A morons like yourself.

Grapple

Bench
I'm still going to the Knights game if still able to tomorrow. I'm not going to miss the only footy I may be able to see live for who knows how long.

PM still going though is a bad look.

Yeah, but it is only The Knights. Not really worth it long term.
Newcastle will at least be shit for the next 2 years. (not trying to start shit, just speaking facts)
Stay safe bro

Springs09

Juniors
As said in that article it’s nowhere close. It’s being tested on animals which will take up to a year according to the article, they need to do this thousands of times before they even consider testing on a human which has to happen thousands of times. There will be no vaccine this year, no chance of it it’s years away. You could have a vaccine in a lab that cures all animals of the virus right now and it would still take months or years of testing on humans before they produce it a large scale.

The swine flu vaccine was released in November 2009 when the epidemic began in March.

betcats

Referee
The swine flu vaccine was released in November 2009 when the epidemic began in March.

Flu vaccines are pre existing, the flu strains just keeps mutating but the vaccines have been around for a long time they just need to be adapted. Its not the same as developing a new vaccine from scratch. They put out a different flu vaccine every year, they wouldn't give it to people every year otherwise.

Grapple

Bench
I think a lot of people (including in this thread) have no idea just how bad things can get and how quickly they can get. As someone who is working in an ED we’re already talking about having to make some serious decision about which patients we’ll even be able to treat. How hospitals are already at capacity in a lot of cases with the flu season just starting to kick in. If corona truly takes off like in other countries our health system is in for a rough time and people will die as a result.

You work in erectile dysfunction?

Surely there's no money in that.

macnaz

Staff member
So everyone stays home to watch the Sunday footy... but come monday millions will be be crammed into trains and buses going to work. Hmmmm sounds like a useful plan.