What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Corona!

coolumsharkie

Referee
Not mine but 2 Fg players sent home with the flu like symptoms according to Weirdler just now on twitter

You'll never in a million years guess one of them??

https://wwos.nine.com.au/news/coron...-nrl-afl/826585d5-70d8-46d4-920b-4afd443bece4

90234588_10163648402055019_2222810274790899712_n.jpg

and this, just on our ABC news website............

The Prime Minister and state and territory leaders want all non-essential gatherings of more than 500 people to be suspended from Monday amid fears about the spread of coronavirus.

Key points:
  • Chief medical officer Brendan Murphy has recommended a ban on events with more than 500 people
  • The nation's leaders want non-essential events with more than 500 people to stop from Monday
  • Australians have also been urged against travelling overseas unless it is essential
It came after Australia's chief medical officer told the leaders at a COAG meeting that mass gatherings of more than 500 people should be cancelled.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison said the cancellation would not be extended to schools, universities, public transport or airports.

"It is precautionary. It is getting ahead of this to ensure that we can minimise the impact on your health and [so] we can ensure with confidence the ability for people to be accessing the health services that they and their families will need," Mr Morrison said.

He has also advised Australians against travelling overseas unless it is essential.

"We now advise all Australians to reconsider your need to travel overseas at this time, regardless of your destination, age or health," Mr Morrison said.

"If your travel is not essential, consider carefully whether now is the right time."

The Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix in Melbourne had already been cancelled today, and spectators for cricket games banned. Questions about crowds have also been hanging over NRL, soccer and AFL matches.

Chief medical officer Brendan Murphy said health officials had endorsed the recommendation to cancel only non-essential gatherings.

"This is a proportionate early response to get ahead of the curve," he said.

A senior West Australian doctor has called for all schools to be closed soon and for there to be no crowds allowed at events as the coronavirus spreads, declaring he wants his colleagues to stay alive.

Mr Morrison said a new national cabinet, including state, territory and federal leaders, would meet weekly to assess Australia's response to coronavirus.

That group will meet again on Sunday ahead of the request for mass gatherings to be cancelled.

Leaders still going to the football
Prime Minister Scott Morrison and federal Opposition Leader Anthony Albanese earlier on Friday both said they planned to go to the football this weekend.

Mr Morrison, speaking after the COAG meeting, said he still planned to go to the football.

Though he warned it might be the last time he could attend the football, with supporters likely to have to watch matches on the television after this weekend.

"I do still plan to go to the football on Saturday," Mr Morrison said.

"This is an arrangement we are putting in place for next week is a precaution. This is an early-stage action that we are undertaking to make sure we get ahead of this."

Mr Morrison said churches with large followings might have to consider adding extra services to keep numbers under 500.

Earlier in the day, WA Australian Medical Association president Andrew Miller posted on social media: "You want to go to the footy? I want my colleagues to stay alive."

He finished the tweet by declaring "this is not a game".

Mr Albanese said the decision on cancelling major public events should be based on health considerations, not politics.

Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk, ahead of COAG, said she would go to a rugby league game in Townsville tonight, but wanted some clear guidance on public events.

"Very clearly we need some thresholds when it comes to mass gatherings," she said.

"Of course every state is at a different stage when it comes to the coronavirus outbreak, but I think we need some national consistency so that's what we'll be speaking to the national health officer about today."

txta2

Bench
Well Ronaldos insta had some video of him and players at some amusement parlour playing vr shooting games...not the smartest idea ATM

chewsta

First Grade
Who is it? I couldn't see any mention of names? Wouldnt be surprised if it was SJ though.

taipan

Referee
I accidentally came upon a store near Miranda(........) ,when buying a newspaper, which had a pallet of sh*t paper on hand.Bought a 12 pack.
Should last 14 days of self isolation, if I get s load of this my Sharona.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Only show in town - NRL what a coup!! Toddy Greenberg afraid of getting lynched north of the border if the cowboys game cancelled, whereas south of the border the Grand Prix is canceled???
Nothing like consistency- no wonder the public are bloody confused.
NRL still open - The PM will be happy - gets to see his sharks play. Cringeworthy

ghoti

Bench
Just cackled realising that Morrison 100% set the gatherings of 500+ ban to start next week cos he wants to see the Sharks play

shadowboxer

First Grade
Just cackled realising that Morrison 100% set the gatherings of 500+ ban to start next week cos he wants to see the Sharks play
You think to yourself, he couldn’t be that much of a goose - well then watch the press conference - his mannerisms and body language didn’t do him any favours. Ship of fools

What's the test for this BS ? I heard it's verbal and depending on your answer if you are experiencing flu like symptoms and recently come from overseas - you've got it:oops: