What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corona Virus and NRL Games

Bench
Say that the season is cancelled, that will be determined by the NRL, not the clubs.
The NRL will lose a shitload of money as well as clubs playing at home.
If the season is cancelled how does it affect a player contract, if the season is cancelled how does it affect the player, a contract is a contract and I doubt any contract has mention of a season being cancelled. Same deal for coaches

Brutalitops

Juniors
Say that the season is cancelled, that will be determined by the NRL, not the clubs.
If the season is cancelled how does it affect a player contract, if the season is cancelled how does it affect the player, a contract is a contract and I doubt any contract has mention of a season being cancelled. Same deal for coaches
While all important questions, I'd imagine that process comes afterwards while the priority becomes player and public safety. Will be very interesting to see how it's all handled though.

blue bags

First Grade
contracts have all sorts of clauses

blue bags

First Grade
sharks play at kogarah 1st, means the place will need to be fumigated , detoxified

Last edited:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

Fair comment there, 2010.
If the players don’t play, do they get paid?
The coach can’t coach, so there’s no way he should ever get paid, Coronavirus or not!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Updates here... https://leagueunlimited.com/news/34464-coronavirus-covid-19-updates/

Round 2 will be played behind closed doors. That's official.

Next Friday night's Kogarah game v Panthers will have zero fans in attendance, can only watch it on TV.

Oh well... it is what it is. I might have done my dough on the air ticket, but will see what they say. I suspect there'll be some sort of refund for season ticket holders.

Next Kogarah game is 22 May, I have a feeling things won't be any better by then.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Actually it's stupid to suggest it's an overreaction. People really have no clue the rate of spread and what it will look like in 3 weeks if precautions such as these aren't taken now.
Sport and travel cancellations are not going to affect the world in any tangible way. If each cancellation saves even 1 life it's worth it.

I’d agree with you if the morality rate apropos COViD-19 was substantially worse than other related viruses.

It’s not.

TruSaint

Referee
89497495_10220889817585829_6151770761452322816_n.jpg

Latest posts