What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bummer - NRL May Be Canceled 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
That may be very well true.

However, I haven't been proven wrong about this virus. Everything I said has happened & continues to happen when you all said it was just a cold.

Some people had pre-information. I did the right thing and give you a heads up for you & your family and anyone with common sense to listen.

You don't appreciate that. Fair enough. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

I won't tell you what comes next except for a couple of signs to look for. You have not believed me at any step even though it has happened.

I will just repeat. You need a bare minimum of 6 months of food and water. That likely won't be enough but it will get through when others don't. All your medicine you need to have now.

The USA has 2 weeks until forced quarantine. Australia has 3-4 weeks before the quarantine.

Once NZ hits 100 cases you better have all the supplies you need to last a long time.

Best of luck.

But the problem is mate, you made it into a silly 'look at me' post when you introduced this thread. If you'd explained exactly why all those things were potentially going to be cancelled, in a reasoned and non-cryptic way, you might've salvaged some kudos that you've lost by making hysterical posts over the seasons. But you chose to do it a certain way that made people take you even less seriously.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
So all games starting round 2 are closed stadiums, no fans.

Does that include NZ? Because there doesn't seem to be any plans to shut down Super Rugby stadiums. Would be strange if the Blues game of the double header was played but not the Warriors one.

Meth

Staff member
Does that include NZ? Because there doesn't seem to be any plans to shut down Super Rugby stadiums. Would be strange if the Blues game of the double header was played but not the Warriors one.

I heard NZ is due to follow Australia's lead next week

Campion

Juniors
If anyone wants a decent analysis of COVID-19 and possible responses, this is doing the rounds and is very good, with visuals!

BLN2

Juniors
Eden Park double header confirmed WITH crowds. For now. With everyone who has a sore throat seemingly being treated as a COVID-19 potential case, no wonder the Hospitals are stretched...

NZ have only have 5 confirmed cases, and pretty sure 2 people caught it off their positive partners, and 1 randomly. There's sure to be more who have it and wouldn't have a clue.. I feel sorry for the medical professionals, old people and the economy!

Actually, just see there's a 6th confirmed case, someone who was in the USA. USA must be covered with it, their testing numbers are pitiful!

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Well... Things are going to be interesting for the next few weeks.

I was due to fly out to India, Egypt and Jordan yesterday, but the day before had to cancel everything due to countries closing their borders, so went to Australia instead, and have now just found out about the self isolating...

Its shows lazy government and will cost jobs.
A plan to protect people and jobs would be as simple as list the vulnerable conditions. Isolate them.
Provide assistance via a registration number.
Inform how many provision you have.
Army reserves, Red cross etc bring provisions.
Let herd immunity kick in over 6-12 months.

Instead basically shut the boarders, kill tourism which is around 6% of GDP and employ near 8%. The flow on effect from that is huge

I feel it kicks the can down the road into influenza peak season August and September.

Benek

Juniors
So if the Warriors want to remain the comp they have to relocate to Oz. This will be very interesting.

I hope I get my season ticket refunded.

Penrose_11

Juniors
Heard that Suoer Rugby is pretty much done for the season. Along with the Raiders, the Brumbies won’t turn up at EP next week and Chiefs due to head to Sth Af this week but then can’t play on returning home. And that’s just for starters.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Yeah, the NRL and Super Rugby are f**ked. Cricket season is over too, Chappell Hadlees are canned and Australia can't come here.

Our guys are f**king lucky. That was shameful today. We look 100% like a spoon outfit.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
You thought the virus was bad.

This will cripple your country.

Terrible decision. Just killed 20% of your economy.

Ruined the lives of millions, to look safe.

Eelectrica

Referee
OP was right. Hopefully this is a pause for about a month or so, but don't know.
The world has changed all of a sudden. Things we took for granted gone just like that.
Most of us feeling fine and want to stay that way.
I do understand the reasons. no new cases to enter the country, keep internal businesses running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts