What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm not spreading shit you deliberately contrarian little muppet.

I'm suggesting that actions like this feed panic. Argue with the actual point or piss of back to goalpost shifting arguments about Kane Evans and back up vs depth
Evans was clearly unfit. Either that or he forgot how to play between leaving the Roosters and when he 're-learned' to play last year.

Regarding backup vs depth, there is obviously a difference. Haze Dunster is a backup. Alvaro and Terepo are depth.

As for feeding panic, you're right, but for the most vulnerable among us (i.e. neither you nor myself) panic is the appropriate response. The rest of us need to suck it up.

hindy111

Post Whore
Maybe Scotty should get @hindy111 involved to provide instruction on how to wash your shitty crack in the shower. If he can shell out $375k for Scott Cam, they could get Hindy for $15k + GST.

I stocked up on tuna and rice 3 weeks ago. And I also called/predicted shutting things down 5 days ago.
Your the one who has been calling everyone else dopes cause they are worried. I have two parents who are in and health isn't great that I living with. Am I allowed to be carefull and worried about them?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Evans was clearly unfit. Either that or he forgot how to play between leaving the Roosters and when he 're-learned' to play last year.

Regarding backup vs depth, there is obviously a difference. Haze Dunster is a backup. Alvaro and Terepo are depth.

As for feeding panic, you're right, but for the most vulnerable among us (i.e. neither you nor myself) panic is the appropriate response. The rest of us need to suck it up.
I know I am in a panic. I've been shitting like an alsation.

TheRam

Coach
Would you mind elaborating please.

Bill Still's brilliant and award winning 2 documentaries, a little old now, but timeless non the less. Everything he says or shows is fact checked. He went back to the original documents or historical sources and if claims couldn't be backed up with proof he wouldn't include them in the films.

The Money Masters

The Secret Of Oz

Then there is Michael Kumhof - Former IMF's Global Integrated Monetary and Fiscal Model planner and now with the Bank of England. Any lecture from this guy on how money should be issued and circulated. Below is just one. He discovered Irving Fisher who was considered the leading economist of the 1930's, who is all but now forgotten, when researching possible future models to fix the wolds economies and has never been the same.

Note: Irving Fisher and the other 3 economists that wrote this paper at the height of the Great Depression and circulated it out to all the major economists of the time(there were only a few hundred back then, mainly at universities) and just over 85% of them agreed this would work and be a game changer and quickly get the world out of the depression. The economists that didn't agree were mainly Rockefeller employees. Guess which model they ended up going with? Below is a short description of it's objectives and benefits.

Irving Fisher's - The Chicago Plan Revisited. It goals are below -
At the height of the Great Depression a number of leading U.S. economists advanced a proposal for monetary reform that became known as the Chicago Plan. It envisaged the separation of the monetary and credit functions of the banking system, by requiring 100% reserve backing for deposits. Irving Fisher (1936) claimed the following advantages for this plan: (1) Much better control of a major source of business cycle fluctuations, sudden increases and contractions of bank credit and of the supply of bank-created money. (2) Complete elimination of bank runs. (3) Dramatic reduction of the (net) public debt. (4) Dramatic reduction of private debt, as money creation no longer requires simultaneous debt creation. We study these claims by embedding a comprehensive and carefully calibrated model of the banking system in a DSGE model of the U.S. economy. We find support for all four of Fisher's claims. Furthermore, output gains approach 10 percent, and steady state inflation can drop to zero without posing problems for the conduct of monetary policy.

Michael Kumhof - Lecture

This is just a start to understand how it all really works. I have pointed all this out here before and just get ridiculed for it and so I couldn't be bothered explaining it all myself anymore. So I just point you in the right direction and if you really are interested you will watch and read for yourself and who knows, you may actually get it and realise that we are all just suckers. BTW, Australia, when we first Federalised into a nation back in 1901, we had the Commonwealth Bank, the wholly owned peoples bank, governed by Denison Miller and King O'Malley who knew what was going on and kept the private bankers at bay, which could issue its own money debt free. No income tax. In 1920-22, we changed its charter to stop this practice and as they say in the classics, game over. Income tax and a whole lot more, the the point of where we are now with policies like user pays and privatisation of everything. The old saying rings true, "They want the World and 5%".

crocodile

Bench
Bill Still's brilliant and award winning 2 documentaries, a little old now, but timeless non the less. Everything he says or shows is fact checked. He went back to the original documents or historical sources and if claims couldn't be backed up with proof he wouldn't include them in the films.

The Money Masters

The Secret Of Oz

Then there is Michael Kumhof - Former IMF's Global Integrated Monetary and Fiscal Model planner and now with the Bank of England. Any lecture from this guy on how money should be issued and circulated. Below is just one. He discovered Irving Fisher who was considered the leading economist of the 1930's, who is all but now forgotten, when researching possible future models to fix the wolds economies and has never been the same.

Note: Irving Fisher and the other 3 economists that wrote this paper at the height of the Great Depression and circulated it out to all the major economists of the time(there were only a few hundred back then, mainly at universities) and just over 85% of them agreed this would work and be a game changer and quickly get the world out of the depression. The economists that didn't agree were mainly Rockefeller employees. Guess which model they ended up going with? Below is a short description of it's objectives and benefits.

Irving Fisher's - The Chicago Plan Revisited. It goals are below -
At the height of the Great Depression a number of leading U.S. economists advanced a proposal for monetary reform that became known as the Chicago Plan. It envisaged the separation of the monetary and credit functions of the banking system, by requiring 100% reserve backing for deposits. Irving Fisher (1936) claimed the following advantages for this plan: (1) Much better control of a major source of business cycle fluctuations, sudden increases and contractions of bank credit and of the supply of bank-created money. (2) Complete elimination of bank runs. (3) Dramatic reduction of the (net) public debt. (4) Dramatic reduction of private debt, as money creation no longer requires simultaneous debt creation. We study these claims by embedding a comprehensive and carefully calibrated model of the banking system in a DSGE model of the U.S. economy. We find support for all four of Fisher's claims. Furthermore, output gains approach 10 percent, and steady state inflation can drop to zero without posing problems for the conduct of monetary policy.

Michael Kumhof - Lecture

This is just a start to understand how it all really works. I have pointed all this out here before and just get ridiculed for it and so I couldn't be bothered explaining it all myself anymore. So I just point you in the right direction and if you really are interested you will watch and read for yourself and who knows, you may actually get it and realise that we are all just suckers. BTW, Australia, when we first Federalised into a nation back in 1901, we had the Commonwealth Bank, the wholly owned peoples bank, governed by Denison Miller and King O'Malley who knew what was going on and kept the private bankers at bay, which could issue its own money debt free. No income tax. In 1920-22, we changed its charter to stop this practice and as they say in the classics, game over. Income tax and a whole lot more, the the point of where we are now with policies like user pays and privatisation of everything. The old saying rings true, "They want the World and 5%".
I didn't watch the entire thing. Too long. One can get the gist from the first 10 minutes of Michael Kumhof's presentation and then googling his name and Chicago plan to see what his position is.

In a nutshell he is really just giving us an untrammelled criticism of fractional reserve banking with all it's warts. Like many of these proposals including Full reserve and MMT they only map out the logic of their plans as if policymakers, national governments and reserve banks always get things correct. Experience tells us that this rarely happens. The same thing is true with our fractional reserve system. It is perfect in a perfect world. We are no longer on a fixed currency or a gold standard so the idea of forcing banks to lend money that is only tied up in fixed term deposits opens up the path for credit shortages and interest rate hikes. Under fixed currency, the RBA cannot target interest rates or inflation. The size of the money supply will be dictated solely by maintaining a peg to fixed value.

Before Nixon quashed the Bretton Woods agreement this was the system in place. Just like present day fiat currency it was open to abuse. Nations were meant to hold coverage of issued currency in gold. Unfortunately, during the Vietnam war the US ran the printing presses regardless and right through the mid 60s up to the mid 70s inflation began to build until it peaked in 74 with the oil crisis.

When the French tried to bail out of their US dollar holdings by demanding conversion to gold, Nixon cut ties with Bretton Woods and inflation skyrocketed once the genie was out of the bottle and the realisation the US had only 22% of their issued currency backed by gold reserves. Don't be fooled. All monetary systems fail when not played by the rules. There's nothing inherently wrong with fiat currency and fractional reserves as long as the abiding rules are followed. During the GFC, US banks were under pressure because their loans were not secured against assets of redeemable value. At least here in Aussie the APRA guidelines are much more stringent and our almost recession was not the result of a weak banking sector.

This really should go to four corners so that others besides Parramatta tragics can participate.

TheRam

Coach
When has anyone ever said that? I googled it and all I found was 5 Seconds of Summer.

Well the true saying is "I want the earth and 5%", but I always change it to world, I just think it sounds better. So you will find plenty of stuff on that, cos believe it or not, but there are plenty of people out there that know the banking system is a ponzi scheme. It's just not that many know how to actually fix it. Most think it is by backing our currency with gold and silver, like the Austrian Economic mob and nothing could be further from the truth. That's a big reason how we got here in the first place.

hindy111

Post Whore
Well the true saying is "I want the earth and 5%", but I always change it to world, I just think it sounds better. So you will find plenty of stuff on that, cos believe it or not, but there are plenty of people out there that know the banking system is a ponzi scheme. It's just not that many know how to actually fix it. Most think it is by backing our currency with gold and silver, like the Austrian Economic mob and nothing could be further from the truth. That's a big reason how we got here in the first place.

How do you think covid 19 started Ram?

Bazal

Post Whore
what are the options?

• Bats
  • Man made - accidental release
  • Man made - intentional release

Pretty sure they worked out it was snakes? Or at least the evidence heavily suggested as much. The original virus was bat borne, snakes ate the bats, virus mutated in the snakes as hosts and the snakes then wound up being sold in the market at Wuhan.

Fking Chinese need to stop eating everything that moves...

Latest posts