What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R1 Sat - Panthers 20-14 Roosters @ Panthers

Round 1: Panthers v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Meh, we always lose rnd 1.

It's the Robbo way.

It'll just suck if that's our first and last game for a few months.

Anyway, blow out the cobwebs and add Cordner, Crichton & Jmoz to that team and it's a different ball game.

Great signs for Penrith though. Cleary was great and the team ran hard and seemed to play with less structure.

Exactly Tom! And put some proper f**king refs in charge. The NRL and its staff are so damn obviously anti roosters its embarrassing!!

With a proper rub of the green we would have put 40 on those westie f**ktards tonight.

Who's with me? Tommy, Valheru, Baby Face, Adam, Albert? I miss Albert....

ChocOConnor

Juniors
I don’t mind Robbo as a coach in fact I’d take half of him any day if the week over my club coach (McGregor)who is a fraud and can’t believe he still has a job.
But I always said he has been gifted sides. The first 2 years he had the SBW effect and after that he got to finals but he couldn’t pull it off. Enter Cooper Cronk and bingo back to back. Don’t get me wrong he seems like a very knowledgeable guy but I want to see what he does this year without that X factor. Like a coach like Bellamy other than 4 players every year who are exceptional he just gets them there. But as I said I would take robbo to coach saints while he is sleeping over McGregor

BadnMean

Juniors
Roosters won't make the GF based on that. Raiders will step over their corpse on the way through.

Panthers look the best team R1, early days but they hit the ground running & proved a point.

Valheru

Coach
I don’t mind Robbo as a coach in fact I’d take half of him any day if the week over my club coach (McGregor)who is a fraud and can’t believe he still has a job.
But I always said he has been gifted sides. The first 2 years he had the SBW effect and after that he got to finals but he couldn’t pull it off. Enter Cooper Cronk and bingo back to back. Don’t get me wrong he seems like a very knowledgeable guy but I want to see what he does this year without that X factor. Like a coach like Bellamy other than 4 players every year who are exceptional he just gets them there. But as I said I would take robbo to coach saints while he is sleeping over McGregor

See the problem you have here is a complete revision of history.

Cronk joins the club and back to back and he looks like a good.

After 8 rounds in 2018 including a round 1 loss to the tigers cronk was labelled by most as a dud buy and over the hill. There wasnt many kind words for teddy either.

Robbo changed the way the team played and voila.

He is an expert in season management and timing a run, that is beyond debate.

Last edited:

blue bags

First Grade

After 8 rounds in 2018 including a roubd 1 loss to the tigers cronk was labelled by most as a dud buy and over the hill. There wasnt many kind words for teddy either.

thats what mary macgronca dragons ceo does every year lol

TheFrog

Coach

After 8 rounds in 2018 including a roubd 1 loss to the tigers cronk was labelled by most as a dud buy and over the hill. There wasnt many kind words for teddy either.

Now this is rewriting history. Mostly it was "this team needs time to gel".although plenty were hoping it was more than that. Teddy was always a hit and miss proposition until about mid-2018. That's when he hit his sweet spot.

Valheru

Coach
Now this is rewriting history. Mostly it was "this team needs time to gel".although plenty were hoping it was more than that. Teddy was always a hit and miss proposition until about mid-2018. That's when he hit his sweet spot.

There were some saying that.

Robbo literally held a press conference after round 8 saying we would change the way we play.

TheFrog

Coach
st hellens saints should have beaten roosters, a few weeks ago, roosters got lucky that day
They defended well. Saints couldn't get through. Last night they appeared to run out of juice in the final 20. Same happened R1 last year. Roosters fans won't be overly concerned. The backline was very dangerous early on. They'll be better for the run.

GongPanther

Referee
Exactly Tom! And put some proper f**king refs in charge. The NRL and its staff are so damn obviously anti roosters its embarrassing!!

With a proper rub of the green we would have put 40 on those westie f**ktards tonight.

Who's with me? Tommy, Valheru, Baby Face, Adam, Albert? I miss Albert....
Plenty of ppl from Paddo sold up and left to move out West. Brought their money with them. :)

EpFaaA5bwVkHBT4FA
What's Shazza Woods doing up in the Roosters coaching box?

I thought it was Braun Strowman....

https://images.app.goo.gl/EpFaaA5bwVkHBT4FA

betcats

Referee

After 8 rounds in 2018 including a round 1 loss to the tigers cronk was labelled by most as a dud buy and over the hill. There wasnt many kind words for teddy either.

For you to talk about rewriting history and then say Cronk was seen as a dud but is borderline delusional

gerg

Juniors

From memory Rd 8 was about the time the 2018 referee crackdown on merkinry in the ruck ended. But you are correct Trent used some form of wizardry to right the ship.

Valheru

Coach
For you to talk about rewriting history and then say Cronk was seen as a dud but is borderline delusional

lol

That is exactly what was said at the time

"He can't play under anyone but Bellamy"

"He won't excel without Smith/Slater"

I will admit that I was one of the people echoing that after the first few rounds and he proved me wrong.

betcats

Referee
lol

That is exactly what was said at the time

"He can't play under anyone but Bellamy"

"He won't excel without Smith/Slater"

I will admit that I was one of the people echoing that after the first few rounds and he proved me wrong.

Oh piss off he was a superstar signing same as Tedesco. Robinson is great coach but the key pieces of this team were bought. Cronk, Teddy, Keary. Deal with it. And don't talk some shit about Keary being unwanted, he had a beef with Russel Crowe.

Valheru

Coach
Oh piss off he was a superstar signing same as Tedesco. Robinson is great coach but the key pieces of this team were bought. Cronk, Teddy, Keary. Deal with it.

Who is arguing against those players being bought?

That's what was said mate... as you say, deal with it.

Same in 2013

"SBW is over the hill" and the list goes on.

Exsilium

First Grade
If Penrith could “buy” a premiership and keep re-opening the premiership window by having the best possible players, I’d be all for that instead of relying on home grown “potential” to cycle through every few years.

Credit to the Roosters.

Latest posts