What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's Machiavellian moves

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Flanno says:
"He's been willing to work and listen to other ideas and how to try and do things in different ways," Flanagan told The Sydney Morning Herald.
"From my experience as a head coach, it can be hard to change. You always listen and can make subtle changes, but to have such a massive change is a credit to 'Mary'.

So would be interested to know what the "massive" change is. The sad fact is that he has been at the helm since 2014 and in that time he hasn't had the intelligence to know what or how to change. Just the same old same old year after year. Lets hope Flanno's ideas include dropping under-performing personnel.

This is just straight out double speak- the best example I've encountered since Marc Antony's funeral oration and references to Brutus- the massive change Flanno mentions is obviously code for Mary having to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 2020 coaching real world by an ever increasing number of consultants, assistants and other assorted hangers on to distract us, the fans, from the huge mistake the club made by appointing him in the first place and the disaster he was, is and always will be.

Flanno is more subtle than I gave him credit for- more than a match for Mary both on and off the field.

thebigredv

First Grade
Flanagan as head coach asap any way possible. Don't care if they use young as the decoy head coach until 2022, just need Shane calling the shots.

Outside Bellamy or Robinson there'd be no better result for us. From the dog house to the penthouse.

Father Ted

First Grade
I remember Flanno fixing my shit house in Bexley South . I'm pretty sure what he found in there gave him more reason to pause and think than any other Coach or anything anyone ever may or may not have found in a car boot.. Did a good job of it too Just saying...