What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 team the Corona round

Stake Removed

First Grade
Xerri will be back

1. W.Kennedy
2. S.Katoa
3. B.Xerri
4. J.Ramien
5. R.Mulitalo if out J.Morris
6. S.Johnson
7. C.Tracey - he needs to play 80 minutes
8. A.Fifita - his last chance
9. B.Brailey
10. A.Woods
11. B.Nikora
12. W.Graham
13. S.Sorensen
bench
14. B.Uele
15. T.Rudolf
16. B.Magoulias
17. R.Hunt

R-15-3

Bench
I wouldn’t be playing anyone that’s not 110% fit. The season will be put on hold at 1 stage in the next few weeks if not already. No point in turning a nibble into a real problem as we need the whole team to be 100% when it resumes to have any chance.

Weaponhead

Coach
In: Billy M
Out: J Williams
Williams has been underwhelming for a while. Defensively, he misses tackles and doesn't cover the inside well enough. Doesn't seem to read the play or move quickly enough. He is ok going forward but has ordinary hands.

Given our second rowers are attacking players not yardage players, it suits the structure to have a go forward, third prop style 13. This isn't really Billy's game.

I could see Rudolf playing 13 if we had another decent prop.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Xerri will be back

1. W.Kennedy
2. S.Katoa
3. B.Xerri
4. J.Ramien
5. R.Mulitalo if out J.Morris
6. S.Johnson
8. A.Fifita - his last chance
9. B.Brailey
10. A.Woods
11. B.Nikora
12. W.Graham
13. S.Sorensen
bench
14. B.Uele
15. T.Rudolf
16. B.Magoulias
17. R.Hunt

Tracey does need to play 80 minutes but not at halfback. If the game goes ahead then drop Morris cause his brain wasn't in that game and put Tracey in that centre position.

The drop Chad calls are so boring. Not because I see his value when others don't but because it won't happen. So why bother with it week in and week out. He also happened to play quite well last night. It's also not the time to start trying to gel a news halves combo and I really don't know if Tracey/Johnson suits as a combo. Johnson needs a rock inside and has to get the ball when he calls. He gets that now. Tracey more likely to go will-o-the-wisp at half which could stuff up the cohesion.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Williams has been underwhelming for a while. Defensively, he misses tackles and doesn't cover the inside well enough. Doesn't seem to read the play or move quickly enough. He is ok going forward but has ordinary hands.

Given our second rowers are attacking players not yardage players, it suits the structure to have a go forward, third prop style 13. This isn't really Billy's game.

I could see Rudolf playing 13 if we had another decent prop.

And FMD he has the worst, most insecure ball carry in the NRL. He's a target and although Cookie gave up penalties for it the whole process was too easy. Williams has no respect for possession in both his dropsy and his ball carry.

We do have other decent props but they are raw and not that experienced. Rudolf went OK last night but he got shown up with the pace of the game a bit. I still don't see 40 minutes in him yet let alone the grind of playing 13.

I also don't think any changes are really needed or will happen. More of Tracey would be good somehow but I only see one way in for him. Injury.

They side went pretty good IMO anyway. Except Morris and Williams - I'm pissed off with them. It was 3 tries all and all ours were better than theirs to be honest. I also think we created more chances.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Tracey does need to play 80 minutes but not at halfback. If the game goes ahead then drop Morris cause his brain wasn't in that game and put Tracey in that centre position.

The drop Chad calls are so boring. Not because I see his value when others don't but because it won't happen. So why bother with it week in and week out. He also happened to play quite well last night. It's also not the time to start trying to gel a news halves combo and I really don't know if Tracey/Johnson suits as a combo. Johnson needs a rock inside and has to get the ball when he calls. He gets that now. Tracey more likely to go will-o-the-wisp at half which could stuff up the cohesion.
Agree on Chadwick- he wasn’t that bad - solid best describes him and as much as he gets deathridden, he’s a fool for SJ.
Watched the second half, this morning and it was improved - aside from the usual but think back 12 months to that Newcastle game and they are in a better place. Katoa well done - I gave it to him in the first half then has a blinder - if he can finish like that more than not he should keep his spot

ghoti

Bench
17. R.Hunt

Ahhhhhhhahahahahahahahahahahaha.... Hahah sorry haha . Eesh

Tracey was good! QLD origin style impact 9/middle player to inject enthusiasm and cut defence up I rkn, but yeh f**king lol at any idea of him in 7

Who the f**k is Royce Hunt!? He'll be extremely lucky to be anywhere that's not a Jets jersey

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Melbourne looking absolutely shocking here so far against Manly. We play them next week.

Bellamy will tear them a new one at half time.

Trouble? Yes, but we need 2 points more than another 'well done' pat on the head. FWIW, I reckon we beat Souths if Ronaldo hadn't gone off HIA. We were inches (literally) away from pulling off an awesome and victory.

Having said that, it's a 2019 deja vu; score more/equal tries but no chocolates. And need to fix our discipline/handling. Beating ourselves goddamit.

edit*, no intention to naysay Glenmore’s comment, I agree we coulda/shoulda/better trouble those purple f**kers!

Last edited: