What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

big hit!

Bench
what a f**king clusterf**k this has all become. thank you china. we've had previous viruses multiply and transfer from bats to humans before, yet these dumb f**ks continue to eat the f**kers and have now put the populations health and financial security in danger.

250 my arse. I bet it's ten times that number. You telling me Dutton, Hanks, and Missy Higgins father are the only folks to travel from USA to Australia in the last 2 weeks?

The USA is the uncontained epicentre of this virus right now - their count is 2500 cases but that's only off those who have tested. They've had high error rates in the early tests too because they decided to go against WHO protocols. Americans aren't testing because their health system is f**ked. Medical insurance will pay for the test but they won't pay for your treatment if you're positive. And how many folks in the USA actually have medical insurance? Most will have had to stump up cash so far. That will change now and it will come out that their 2500 is more likely 25000 and multiplying daily. Do we honestly think Dutton, Hanks and co have been hanging around dregs over there?

Can the comp. It's done for the time being. Warriors can't compete under these conditions and it's not fair at all to continue. NSWRL are going to can NSW Cup and Flegg and probably Ball & Mattys too. 2020 is a write off.

Maximus

Coach
Don’t be blind. We will all be in our bunkers not working for at least the next year and a half, NRL hopefully being back in by June next year. We will get food from airdrops and obviously won’t have to pay electricity or water or gas as essential workers will work for free for 15 months. It’s nuclear winter get used to it.

I'm sure you can point out anyone saying anything like this?

blaza88z

Coach
Well as soon as 1 NRL player, coach, board member, ballboy.. tests positive, they'll have no option but to suspend the comp

roofromoz

First Grade
Looks increasingly likely that the season may be canned.

Just award the title to that team that knocked off the defending premiers and be done with it.

wibble

Bench
Reported new cases have dropped to below 100 per day in China. Wuhan lockdown is approx. 50 million people.

Not bad for a country with a population of 1.4 billion

Yes, they have done well. Advantages I suppose, of an authoritarian government.

But it has been more than one month and we don't know when it will end, which was the point of me saying it in response to the suggestion that no lockdown had even reached a month.

The world will be watching to see how coronavirus plays out now in China now that its rate has dropped. The things to note are how long the lockdown goes for, and how much if any the infections flare up if lockdown stops. No one wants lockdowns any longer than necessary, and we don't know what is necessary, so China will guide a lot of the world on this.