What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 V West Tigers

boardlumps62

Juniors
Quick assessment of Lomax did nothing in attack except lucky try dropped a bomb out of position added nothing IMO.
We need a dedicated Fullback

rasaint

Juniors
Very disappointing. Benji’s short kicking the main difference. Repeat sets kept killing us.

Must say we bombed two trys second half, whilst tigers took their opportunities.

Lomax is not a fullback. Lacks dash and dropped two bombs. The opposing fullback caught every tough catch we put up in the wind and rain. Lomax even let Leilua sneak a try. If that was Dufty tonight many would be baying for his immediate dropping. Please no excuses for Zac Lomax. He is a centre if anything.

jeffdragon

Bench
Vaughan should have scored under the posts and Sims blew another try but I hate to admit it but any loss we have, although they still hurt, are made easier to take due to the fact that I know each loss puts another nail in Mary’s coffin.

Sims bombed two.,the one Tyrell set up if he let it bounce Pereira was there, that was a 12 point turn.
Vaughan bombed one,catch t he ball and frizell stuffed one.with a shit pass.
I don't know how we lost the game.
The Old story we should have been more up early and yet again we played the penalty.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
They defended well, Lomax made some errors but also some try savers that no way Dufty could have made. Pretty tough night to make your debut in a position you haven’t played in NRL level. To be honest our main issue was that our halves can’t control the game. Tedesco would have struggled up against it like that but the Roosters never are. Another issue was an early injury to Rava as we were a forward short. On a plus Lomax was good positionally good and great in defence with some good vision shown. Another was Fuimaono looked great at centre and will hopefully be one injury away from getting a start at centre. We don’t need to get impatient Lomax is a work in progress. His vision is there, he just needs a touch more polish on the kicks and he will be very good. Is it possible for our halves to force the odd dropout.

We must’ve watched different games. Lomax has repeatedly demonstrated a propensity for handling issues. If you consider an encounter with an ordinary WT side is a “pretty tough match”, it’s only get worse against the likes of Melbourne, Roosters, Souths etc.

Bench
Hunt and Norman were, once again useless. Sims back to his best, Tyson and Vaughan can hold their heads up, all three were playing better.
Fuimaono had a very good game.
Overall our attack is pedestrian and there needs to changes made.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
The entire squad looked defeated before kickoff. Body language is still poor. Clearly, no one wants to play for the coach.
I think their body language was great and to defend for that long and still keep turning up does not look like a team with no spirit. They were just exhausted, Mary isn't the best coach but we created enough chances to put them away well and truly. If the players are dropping passes and kicking dead on the full there isn't a lot anyone can do about that. Our halves couldn't control the game handed the Tigers back too much early ball, barely got us any repeat sets. When it is raining and you have a fullback that has never played in that position before our halves owed to the team to play a lot smarted that that. I would love to see how the Tigers would look if they were camped on their line as long as we were. Clune won't be far away if this continues.

SAP58

Juniors
I thought we would be 1-6 but we won’t get that far & will the virus & cancellation on the NRL save the coach again !

Gareth67

First Grade
Terribly disappointing, they had their chances but poor - very poor handling cost them dearly. Still as many have already said there still remains that low confidence cloud hovering over the Dragons , perhaps a carry on effect from the coach ?

A short season is on the cards so whatever you do don’t go tearing your hair out from this first up defeat , as I don’t believe there will be too many more .

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
We must’ve watched different games. Lomax has repeatedly demonstrated a propensity for handling issues. If you consider an encounter with an ordinary WT side is a “pretty tough match”, it’s only get worse against the likes of Melbourne, Roosters, Souths etc.
It was tough in the sense that he was camped on his on his own line in the rain repeat set after repeat set. Seriously mate it was his first ever NRL game in that position other than some mid game positional switch ups last year. Benji played beautifully, if we had half his game management this game we would have won that game comfortably. No player will ever develop for us because the fans only see the negatives and tear them to shreds. Give him time seriously its one game.