What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL investigating international broadcast deals as competition continues

taste2taste

Juniors
The NRL should allow ESPN to show the games for free. With zero content for the foreseeable future they may jump at the chance.
It would be interesting to see what the reaction and viewing figures would be to see if there is any potential to spread the game to North America.

>zuzu<

Juniors
I hope ref mics are turned off.

There is going to be a f**kload of swearing heard on live tv.

mistertaylor

Juniors
Perceptionally that wouldnt be a good look would it.

Maybe if the broadcast identified to viewers that the sport is being played in empty stadium due to the pandemic it might alleviate that perception.
Superimpose a CGI crowd and/or noises on the broadcast footage.

They can put floating scores/stats on TV so why not crowds?

kdalymc

Bench
Maybe canned crowd noises too. Maybe even virtual crowds.
hopefully mad copy paste shit like andrew voss's commentary on the Rugby League console games.
"Live here from.... SUNCORP STADIUM!!!"
"holds it, and a nice pass to... VANGANA!!!"

T-Boon

Coach
I wasn't sure about Vlad until he started renaming the sport. I am pretty sure under his leadership we can get it from Rugber to Packball.

Exsilium

First Grade
For all Souths games I recommend they CGI all the dogs and cats moonlighting as members to accurately represent their fan base.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Virtual crowds is an interesting idea. I'm sure with CGI being as it these days t woudnt be to hard. Go on NRL give it a go for a laugh. If it works you could stop worrying about crowds all together, save money on stadiums and play NRL 7 nights a week!

langpark

First Grade
LIVE NRL!
At 4 in the morning.
If the deal comes off, and ESPN are serious about promoting it, then they should definitely move one match to 10am in order to get it prime time in USA. There aren't going to be any spectators in the stadium anyway. (that would mean 10pm NYC, 7pm LA).