What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 V West Tigers

George Dragon

Juniors
You are so right Forbes Creek Dragons. How doesn't any of our coaching staff see this is beyond me?
I noticed from comments in the CC and JF thread that Clune did not play. Hopefully he is not injured and he will be slotted in the next game. Again, we had plenty of chances to win but our poor execution failed us badly.
Clune has a ankle injury, he should be ok for this week

Ben_Kusto_magic

Juniors
On the tigers website there’s an interview with Luc before the game and he said he Frizzell and Lawrie had been sledging each other all week, sounds like they’re just mates giving it to each other.

I know for a fact he never wanted to leave Saints but was told he wasn’t wanted so I dare say he has a bit of a chip on his shoulder over that, however my guess it’s more at the coaching staff then the players.
Yep, he looked well pleased with himself last night at full time and so he should! Good luck to him, and I mean that honestly. Loved his cheeky little jibe at Lomax after the last try:joy:

Dragon David

First Grade
Clune has a ankle injury, he should be ok for this week
Great, thanks for letting us know George Dragon. Clune may be the answer to our halves problems but obviously he cannot do it all by himself so the other guys have to lift in their intensity and improve their execution and beat Penrith which could be the last game for a while??

blacksafake

First Grade
On the tigers website there’s an interview with Luc before the game and he said he Frizzell and Lawrie had been sledging each other all week, sounds like they’re just mates giving it to each other.

I know for a fact he never wanted to leave Saints but was told he wasn’t wanted so I dare say he has a bit of a chip on his shoulder over that, however my guess it’s more at the coaching staff then the players.
Fair enough but I have never liked anyone who carries on like a pork chop with rubbing people on the head,clapping in their face or running in to have their say when they make a mistake etc.
I'm a bit old school.

True_Believer

Juniors
George
It is fantastic when you square up the ledger and set the record straight.
Far too much crap which masquerades as fact is posted in this place.

Doesn't this also indicate that he isn't a fullback? Nobody is saying we need to get rid of him. What most people are saying is that he doesn't have that fullback experience or skillset and this supports that. We really can't afford to have another player playing in a position he isn't familiar with - especially for an extended period of time.

As for crap masquerading as fact, people grasp onto whatever they want to believe and whether it suits their agenda. You've done it in the past as have I. It's the nature of these forums.

Old Timer

Coach
Doesn't this also indicate that he isn't a fullback? Nobody is saying we need to get rid of him. What most people are saying is that he doesn't have that fullback experience or skillset and this supports that. We really can't afford to have another player playing in a position he isn't familiar with - especially for an extended period of time.

As for crap masquerading as fact, people grasp onto whatever they want to believe and whether it suits their agenda. You've done it in the past as have I. It's the nature of these forums.
Whether ZL should play FB is a different discussion altogether.
The point I was making is simply that someone is claiming Lomax has some extended experience at FB and therefore on that basis and current form he should be dropped.
By all means state your case why you think he shouldn't play FB but don't embellish the argument with clearly incorrect conclusions.
George is simply pushing back on the false claim and I am glad he did so and applaud him for it.
Re whether ZL should play FB the kid has hardly had any experience in the FB position and for mine has shown some requisite skills and obviously some flaws which I think can be rectified so I believe we should persevere with him as he IMO is our best current option.
FMD we persevere with a dud coach, 2 dud centres, 2 crap halves, no natural lock, a pensioner front rower, f**king Latimore, a raft of journeymen and people want to have a crack at Lomax lol.
Dufty proved inadequate and Norman is crap and has shown nothing to warrant playing FB or anywhere else for that matter.
It appears that people want a new whipping boy for our current misfortunes when in fact we are ill disciplined and basically a very ordinary side with a grossly over rated forward pack.

sa1nt5

Juniors
He's a skilled ar*elicker....that's how he survives
It is so bad that it is starting to smell like an inside job by Albert and jr to destabilise the club so badly that the St George faction are forced by invite to intervene into the diabolical state the Steelers have created.

mickeylane

Bench
Great, thanks for letting us know George Dragon. Clune may be the answer to our halves problems but obviously he cannot do it all by himself so the other guys have to lift in their intensity and improve their execution and beat Penrith which could be the last game for a while??
there wont be a 2nd round - the comp will be all over by Thursday so I wouldnt be too worried about whos going to play where and when...comp over this year...

Bench
I just hope that McIdiot drops Hunt back to CC
In my opinion he is not worth what he is getting paid
Norman also has done nothing since he signed, he should also be dropped
These two are up there in the worst signings in our history

possm

Coach
I just hope that McIdiot drops Hunt back to CC
In my opinion he is not worth what he is getting paid
Norman also has done nothing since he signed, he should also be dropped
These two are up there in the worst signings in our history
The problem is with the head coach. The Board should come out and annouce the saking of Mary and declare Sheppard as interim head Coach. Then the new interim coach should gather the players together and read the riot act. No more staffing around, let's get on with it.

True_Believer

Juniors
The point I was making is simply that someone is claiming Lomax has some extended experience at FB and therefore on that basis and current form he should be dropped.
By all means state your case why you think he shouldn't play FB but don't embellish the argument with clearly incorrect conclusions.
George is simply pushing back on the false claim and I am glad he did so and applaud him for it.
Re whether ZL should play FB the kid has hardly had any experience in the FB position and for mine has shown some requisite skills and obviously some flaws which I think can be rectified so I believe we should persevere with him as he IMO is our best current option.
FMD we persevere with a dud coach, 2 dud centres, 2 crap halves, no natural lock, a pensioner front rower, f**king Latimore, a raft of journeymen and people want to have a crack at Lomax lol.
Dufty proved inadequate and Norman is crap and has shown nothing to warrant playing FB or anywhere else for that matter.
It appears that people want a new whipping boy for our current misfortunes when in fact we are ill disciplined and basically a very ordinary side with a grossly over rated forward pack.

Fair enough.

But as I say, be careful about claims people are embellishing the argument. Everyone does it. At least we have someone like GD on board who seems to have that inside info that helps us clear things up.

BLM01

First Grade
Dont worry OT there is only one deserved whipping boy. P Mc Zero Credibility
I think Zac is wasted at f/back but trying his guts out and want him as centre. But for the sake of our squad ATM and the game we should of won last night i'll give him more time to judge fairly.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
One good thing is our season seemed a lost cause as is so if the season does end due to Covid 19 then at the very least getting a few rounds under the belt of Zac Lomax will give us a reason to watch. At least he will progress a bit under less pressure.

redv13

Bench
Lomax is the least of our concerns at the moment. Mary, Norman, Hunt, Lafai, Aitken, Young Sr, Young Jr, Board, Owners.... I could go on for days!!

utility dragon

Juniors
Lomax needs to stay but not at fullback, his confidence is shot. Norman simply brings nothing and needs a run in reserves to kick him into gear. My backline,
1) Ramsey
2) Perera
3) Lomax
4) Williame
5) Saab
6) Sailor/ Clune
7) Hunt