What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Presidents Cup & Sydney Shield

rightleftin

Juniors
Bares no relevance at all feret. Ryde Eastwood SS 2019 Prem’s S G Ball u20’s Wests Tigers kids. Bores relevance to an excuse for losing.

What a load of crap the best players in the Ryde Eastwood team had nothing to do with Wests Tigers - Evans Tsoi, Gray and Cousins - all from East Hills, Tyler Seymour from Guildford.

Pantherman72

Juniors
Panta man perspective is Asquith lost both games to St Marys after leading. Are you suggesting poor recruitment in signing Worrincy and Manu surely not. Haven’t played against men yet ? Go home after game oh Mum I tackled a man with a beard

Im not suggesting anything about their recruitment and didn't offer up any excuse for them losing Shield. Just stating that to say they lost Shield with 5 NSW Cup players is incorrect given that 4 of them have never played higher then u20s, so simply arent cup players. Only John Tuivaiti had played Cup, or Massey out of the 5. The haven't played against men comment was in reference to under 20s being theIr highest level, meaning they were untested in open footy. Grow up mate.

To say they had over 400 first grade games is true, however one hadn't played for 5 years and one is 39 years old - it's not like they are Jamie Buhrers or Sam McKendrys and no one at Asquith expects them to be.

If you can't see the perspective in that then thats your problem.

Both games were see-sawing with momentum shifts. Asquith were in front in Shield until a 100m intercept. They were in front in Massey until they had someone sent off. They lost both games. So did Hills, Cabra, Windsor and other teams over the weekend. That's footy. Hopefully some more close ones this weekend if games go ahead.

twentyforty

Juniors
Im not suggesting anything about their recruitment and didn't offer up any excuse for them losing Shield. Just stating that to say they lost Shield with 5 NSW Cup players is incorrect given that 4 of them have never played higher then u20s, so simply arent cup players. Only John Tuivaiti had played Cup, or Massey out of the 5. The haven't played against men comment was in reference to under 20s being theIr highest level, meaning they were untested in open footy. Grow up mate.

To say they had over 400 first grade games is true, however one hadn't played for 5 years and one is 39 years old - it's not like they are Jamie Buhrers or Sam McKendrys and no one at Asquith expects them to be.

Both games were see-sawing with momentum shifts. Asquith were in front in Shield until a 100m intercept. They were in front in Massey until they had someone sent off. They lost both games. So did Hills, Cabra, Windsor and other teams over the weekend. That's footy. Hopefully some more close ones this weekend if games go ahead.
Pm what was player sent off for. That’s footy comment is correct. Asquith need to perform this year and stop offering excuses. Haven’t heard from the Shark he must be in lockdown with Vlandys. He’s got a book of excuses new moniker should be Sharky Gorilla Golden books.

rightleftin

Juniors

Check my post - I didn't say they were NSW Cup PLAYERS, I said they were in the North Sydney NSW Cup SQUAD because that is what the Norths website says. Now everyone knows that not everyone in NRL squads play NRL, lots play NSW Cup and one even played RMC on Saturday. Equally most players in NSW Cup squads don't play NSW Cup. Should Norths have 19 or 20 in the squad - doesn't sound right to me but you knew who the 5 were because on the website.

rightleftin

Juniors
Rightlefty which club pushed their 20’s on Ryde?

No club "pushes" players on to Ryde Eastwood. Ryde Eastwood funds the Balmain Junior League because Balmain don't have a cent. Ryde Eastwood used to be a powerful club that fielded up to 17 guys with first grade experience in their Metro Cup team. Then they were senior funding partner in the NSW Cup team "Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers". When Wests Tigers took over NSW Cup RE disappeared until it became apparent that no club in Balmain had enough players to enter teams above 16 years of age, so 4 clubs sent players to RE to play 17's and 19's then it changed to 18's and 20's and then it decided to try open age again in SS so there will be a lot of Balmain juniors because after you get 17 all Balmain Juniors are part of the Ryde Eastwood club.

Pantherman72

Juniors
Check my post - I didn't say they were NSW Cup PLAYERS, I said they were in the North Sydney NSW Cup SQUAD because that is what the Norths website says. Now everyone knows that not everyone in NRL squads play NRL, lots play NSW Cup and one even played RMC on Saturday. Equally most players in NSW Cup squads don't play NSW Cup. Should Norths have 19 or 20 in the squad - doesn't sound right to me but you knew who the 5 were because on the website.
I know what you said and meant, which is why I put it in perspective.

Pantherman72

Juniors
Pm what was player sent off for. That’s footy comment is correct. Asquith need to perform this year and stop offering excuses. Haven’t heard from the Shark he must be in lockdown with Vlandys. He’s got a book of excuses new moniker should be Sharky Gorilla Golden books.
He was sent off for a 'phantom' kick in the head when trying to play the ball when being held down and tangled with Jake Toby. Jake Toby has since been nominated for an Oscar award for his performance which got the player sent off.

Pantherman72

Juniors
Why do Asquith Need to perform this year? They didn't even have a Massey team 2 years ago and made the top 4 last year. What more do you expect and why do you expect more from them then Cabra, Blacktown, Burwood, Guildford, Hills etc.

twentyforty

Juniors
Why do Asquith Need to perform this year? They didn't even have a Massey team 2 years ago and made the top 4 last year. What more do you expect and why do you expect more from them then Cabra, Blacktown, Burwood, Guildford, Hills etc.
More excuses on here for Asquith by yourself Pantaman and Sharky Gorilla golden books than any other team. Just adding a bit of perspective to the forum

I've been asked not to post about Asquith on this forum. After a former Ron Massey Cup coach phoned one of the Asquith staff and complained that things were being posted on here about him.

As I have no direct link to any clubs and just report on what I am told or hear on the grape vine I have decided to take a back seat for a while as my posts are obviously upsetting someone.

I went back through my posts and I have never said a bad word about the coach that contacted the staff memeber anyway.

People are getting soft. It's just opinions at the end of the day.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Folks, enough.

This is a forum for discussion, not for taking up personal petty fights.

If it continues posts will be removed and further sanctions may be placed.

Discuss the footy, leave the personal rubbish out of it.

imgunawin72

Juniors
I've been asked not to post about Asquith on this forum. After a former Ron Massey Cup coach phoned one of the Asquith staff and complained that things were being posted on here about him.

As I have no direct link to any clubs and just report on what I am told or hear on the grape vine I have decided to take a back seat for a while as my posts are obviously upsetting someone.

I went back through my posts and I have never said a bad word about the coach that contacted the staff memeber anyway.

People are getting soft. It's just opinions at the end of the day.
Spot on. Feel free to give your opinions.

twentyforty

Juniors
Well well a bit of perspective added to the forum. Sharky you’ve been told not to post I think that’s a good idea especially if posting from grape vines and 2nd hand news. Report what you see and this is a great forum. Have a great day all and let’s hope we get some footy this weekend

imgunawin72

Juniors
Anyone have any updates on whether the games will go ahead as planned this weekend?
This corona crap is ridiculous, the world has gone f**king mad. Its just the flu

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Bares no relevance at all feret. Ryde Eastwood SS 2019 Prem’s S G Ball u20’s Wests Tigers kids. Bores relevance to an excuse for losing.

Look at the beginning of their season last year, took them a few rounds to get going.

Watch any games last year and if you see a player struggling and a bit behind, bet your house on them being an u20 player. Does sound like you haven't watched much SS or RM so I will forgive you

MountainMan

Juniors
Apparently -
Canterbury Cup games won’t be played prior to NRL fixtures this weekend.
Mounties V Warriors game is cancelled as of yesterday afternoon.
I think we will see majority of the Canterbury Cup games won’t have many (if any) NRL squad members playing.This might leave a few Massey/Shield teams abit thin.