What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

COVID-19 - NRL press conference at 10:00 Livestream Todd Greenberg and Peter V'Landys

sandshark

Bench
Kinda infuriating and sad that the NRL would be in great financial trouble if even 1 season was postponed or cancelled.

Stake Removed

First Grade
The Sharks need to be very watchful as what happens with the NRL.
We have known for a long time that one less team in Sydney is what they want, an act of God to get that, would take the heat off the NRL.
We need to ensure we are in strongest possible position, as the NRL wont have money to bail clubs out.
Yes this could be worst case sceanrio but we need to watch this carefully.

The Warriors could put themselves out the NRL if they take the look as themselves first as you know people in Rugby League have long memories

Special K

Coach
On the plus side we are built around low crowds and incomes for the next two years.

I can’t see us being here next year at this rate though thanks to this f**king flu.

Really? Doubt many sports could afford to budget for a whole lost season.
Not many businesses /commercial enterprises or individuals even of any kind will shrug off losing a years income without losing yrs costs as well ..

snout

First Grade
Theres a few between the lines comments at the moment - if the sport goes belly up and rebuilds from the bottom up it wont be with 9 teams in Sydney

Sharkman

Juniors
The reality is that leagues clubs will take a huge hit and it already started. Those clubs that rely solely on H. U. G. E. poker machine dens and Yum Cha restaurants will be in strife.

The reality is that leagues clubs will take a huge hit and it already started. Those clubs that rely solely on H. U. G. E. poker machine dens and Yum Cha restaurants will be in strife.
That is where we are at an advantage. The building company has agreed to pay for our loss of earnings of the Leagues club. All I hope is that this is contractual and was signed off, without any "acts of god" clauses.

Quigs

Immortal
That is where we are at an advantage. The building company has agreed to pay for our loss of earnings of the Leagues club. All I hope is that this is contractual and was signed off, without any "acts of god" clauses.
That is a very interesting comment BBB. I too hope that it is contractual. Will be keen to see if one of our scoops can investigate this particular point re continual income to the club.

C'mon Buzz you know that there might be a good shark story in this.

Theres a few between the lines comments at the moment - if the sport goes belly up and rebuilds from the bottom up it wont be with 9 teams in Sydney

Any good businessman knows "crisis" means "opportunity to make changes." Sharks probably in better position than some other Sydney clubs to survive changes..But whatever happens .... at least we had 2016

ghoti

Bench

There'll be a lot of declared bankruptcies coming to get out of paying earnings.. if everyone goes belly up they won't be paying contract or no

Last edited:
I'm gunna start a list behind the theories That I have heard so far

1- it's from Dog, he's decided on "Survival of the Fittest"

2- it was planted by the US and others to take down China's ownership of everything, and to bring back countries own reliance.

3- it was started by China so they could buy up everything when it all goes bust. They sacrificed some of their own to throw the scent off.

4- it was set up by both the US and China to take a hold of everything.

Anyone else got some?

coolumsharkie

Referee

2- it was planted by the US and others to take down China's ownership of everything, and to bring back countries own reliance.

3- it was started by China so they could buy up everything when it all goes bust. They sacrificed some of their own to throw the scent off.

Anyone else got some?

Yeah it's 5g network spreading the virus for the up and coming Agenda 21 human cull hahaha and variations of this kind of thing.

Anyone else got some?

It was started by China to wipe out its political dissidents / prisoners. particularly the Yighars (spelling) Muslim ethnic group.

shaggs

Coach
I thought it was created by Bill Gates for the growth of his vaccination business

Or

for China to eradicate its elderly population. In China everyone is looked after and fed and housed