What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back conditioning

Life's Good

Coach
I need to strengthen my lower back. I’m just finding it aches mainly as a result of lying down, sitting on chairs, sitting on floor(prolonged inactivity would sum it up). I also race go karts where you use the back(& backside)a lot when driving & a strong back definitely helps.
Mid 40’s, 180cms & just on 80kgs. I mainly weight train at the gym & haven’t focused much on back/core which I’d like to now. Any suggestions on what might suit(machine or free)would be appreciated.

Last edited:

blue bags

First Grade
Benefits of Lower Back and Hip Exercises
Feeling stronger in your core muscles is nice, but several other important benefits may result from performing regular back and hip strengthening exercises. According to a small study published in the Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy in February 2013, keeping your hip muscles strong may help prevent poor movement patterns and stiffness from developing at the joint.

An October 2018 systematic review in the Internet Journal of Allied Health Sciences and Practice also found that hip strengthening exercises may help reduce knee-cap area pain. To add to this, the Mayo Clinic reports that keeping your core muscles (in your lower back, abdomen and hips) strong can help in several other ways.
https://www.livestrong.com/article/386336-exercises-to-strengthen-lower-back-and-hips/

billygilmore

Juniors
Look into anterior pelvic tilt mate, it’s something I battle with to correct but strengthening the glutes, hammies and core has really helped me over the last couple years. I can go for long runs and not get debilitating lower back pain and I’m even back playing soccer in my mid 30’s after not playing for 15yrs

wilco44

Juniors
The core is everything really. I have L5,4 and sciatica and also bone on bone C5-6. In the Corona crap I got an MRI for my neck and next month I see a Neurosurgeon. They won't operate on my neck, they may operate on my left arm - nerve damage.
I exercise most days - I'm a landscaper and what a physio showed me a few moves for my nerve damage in my left arm because of my neck (It's because of the C6 -5 bone on bone )
I knocked off today about 1 pm and I did hill climb and I have resistant bands (5 different resistants) Heaviest 25kg - lightest is 7 kg.
At home in my Garage - I have a big bag and - floor to ceiling ball.
The problem recently was 2 wisdom teeth...I thought for 18 months, it was my 3 plates in my jaw. It wasn't ---- brain injury moron..ME~! ;)

chiefy1

Juniors
depositphotos_169156016-stock-photo-muscular-man-is-doing-one.jpg forget everything else. Do only these for a month and get back to me every day for 10 minutes each day. On minute each on each knee arm. Alternate left arm right knee ect