What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 2 vs Knights @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 2: Wests Tigers v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger05

First Grade
You do realise we are talking about next weeks game only and after last night, I would be expecting that he will play. I thought he went OK.

BTW, you haven't put your balls on the line about the up coming game;)?

I get it but the point is the guy is pretty ordinary. That was his best game in a long time and he was basically crap. He got smashed regularly, didn't set up any plays and generally looked like a chicken with it's head cut off. I think he will play as well but I think he doesn't make our top team if we don't have injuries even without Grant in the team. If we get Grant and we don't have injuries he shouldn't make the team.

Hopefully he will prove me wrong but he'd need to perform a hell of a lot better for that to happen.

I don't know if we are even going to be playing next week but I think we are in with a chance each week because we have a quality forward pack and a couple of quality halves. I also think we will have decent outside backs each week.

Our problem is hooker and fullback. If we get through this season it'll be interesting who takes those spots and makes them their own.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Madge in the press conference said Mbye might be back this week, if not definetly next

my guess is he’ll keep the same backline until Mbyes back then the shuffle with AD to 1, CT wing and Jennings CC

Madge was a bit downbeat because we didn’t play as well as he wanted.

When we have deserved wins, he bounces around a lot more, but he was fairly subdued.

We met a dragons team who panicked and sims lost his head.

The last try was the highlight in terms of attitude.

BrotherJim05

Bench
If Benji is on, I see no reason why we can't win this. Our pack had it easy with rate of possession against Dragons so they are really going to have to take their game to the next level against Knights.

Vic Mackey

Referee
We bombed some as well, just not as many as them.

I watched the game again last night. Had forgotten how many tries we bombed aswell. BJ diving over a grubber, Jennings dropping the ball over the line and then somehow being tackled when he got it 3m our with no one in front of him, plus Doueihi being tackled mid air which should probably have been a penalty try. So 3 or 4 that we blew aswell. Probably not as obvious as theirs, and the fact that theirs were potential match winners just highlights them, but yes we certainly left some points on the field too

The unknown

Juniors
Interesting bench but there’s no way that will be the final 17 come game day, if there were two players on the tight rope after last weeks game it would be Jennings (seriously he bombed two sitters) and Thompson although I’ll give Thompson the benefit of the doubt because he has performed well for us in the past

So for me, Momo to replace Jennings on the wing with MCK to the bench

gordsy

Juniors
I hope the swap is on as for all the crap people talk about Melbourne and even though I think Bellamys premiership record isn't great he is the best I have ever seen as far as teaching players to be consistent and getting the best out of players and having them know what to do when etc.

cerberus

Coach
Interesting bench but there’s no way that will be the final 17 come game day, if there were two players on the tight rope after last weeks game it would be Jennings (seriously he bombed two sitters) and Thompson although I’ll give Thompson the benefit of the doubt because he has performed well for us in the past

So for me, Momo to replace Jennings on the wing with MCK to the bench

im still wondering why checks isn't in the starting 17 ?

cerberus

Coach
Unfortunately I just can’t get pumped about this season anymore knowing it’s only a matter of time before the nrl gets canned

then enjoy it while it lasts . or became a professional shopper for oldies .
i came home with a pack of quilton shitter paper today . i'll tell you ,im a f'kn winner !
and as far as plague roulette goes . shop assistants are getting paid f'all for the greatest risk .

cheers come'on tiges

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
shop assistants are getting paid f'all for the greatest risk .

I was thinking this the other day. To be honest if they aren't in high risk demographics they should be okay. I reckon it's worse for health workers although they get paid more. It'd be tough though.

Latest posts