What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corona Virus and NRL Games

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
26023798-8116291-image-a-13_1584355552148.jpg
The World Health Organisation announced last week that this virus strain doesn’t affect canines, so people don’t have to quarantine them.

So it’s now official: WHO let the dogs out.

avocado

Juniors
Good for you.

Boy and Bear are a commercially successful band. My tendency has been to support bands at smaller venues. These are the bands making the least money. The luggers, sound and lighting crews are often those learning their trade. They usually play and work in venues of 100 people or less. Personal experience tells me that this is the true backbone of the music industry. Of course, to understand this depends on your own life experience.

I find it odd that you are attempting to use your one-off Boy and Bear experience to find some moral equation with my situation. of which you know nothing about.

I've been going to Kogarah for over 50 years. Since the R2K led Return To Kogarah in 2003, we have been buying an increasing number of season tickets. This year I might find myself substantially out of pocket, so I'm asking the question.

How many tickets have you bought for a game at Kogarah? Did you buy one for this weekend?
I support venues both small and large. Bands famous and not so. All are going to be doing it tough.

You seem to travel interstate to matches quite a bit. Good on you. You hardly seem destitute. Hence my query.

I hope your business does ok in the coming weeks/months.
Uncertain times ahead.

thebigredv

First Grade
Interesting Todd Greenberg's lover boy Cameron Smith has gone rogue after all that special treatment and money spent on his 400th. Whereas the other 400 gamer, James Graham, who received zero fanfare or recognition, is talking about the need for players to take paycuts for the good of the game.

I just find very ironic in the nrl's hour of need.

thebigredv

First Grade
The World Health Organisation announced last week that this virus strain doesn’t affect canines, so people don’t have to quarantine them.

So it’s now official: WHO let the dogs out.

Not a fan of you but that is pure genius!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I support venues both small and large. Bands famous and not so. All are going to be doing it tough.

You seem to travel interstate to matches quite a bit. Good on you. You hardly seem destitute. Hence my query.

I hope your business does ok in the coming weeks/months.
Uncertain times ahead.
lol. A curtain twitcher and saccharin sweet to boot.

You must have missed the part where I said you know nothing about my situation. My bank account and work are none of your business.

avocado

Juniors
lol. A curtain twitcher and saccharin sweet to boot.

You must have missed the part where I said you know nothing about my situation. My bank account and work are none of your business.
Ok. Just wishing you all the best. It was genuine.

giboz71

First Grade
I find it humorous that even in these desperate times where people are dying and an entire team (the Warriors) likely to pull out of the comp, the NRL is fighting tooth and nail to keep playing. All sports throughout the world had no hesitation pulling the pin for the sake of public health and safety, and here is the NRL pulling all stops (including private planes now?) to keep going.

Listening to Kent justify to keep playing was almost comical. Clearly, his fat pay cheque at Fox is in jeopardy if there is no NRL to talk about.

Shows what an amateur organisation the NRL that there is no disaster war chest to call on during times like these. Despite the billions in TV money over the past 10-15 years, and the game only has cash for 3 months before folding??

Just makes you shake your head regarding the dopes running the game.

avocado

Juniors
I find it humorous that even in these desperate times where people are dying and an entire team (the Warriors) likely to pull out of the comp, the NRL is fighting tooth and nail to keep playing. All sports throughout the world had no hesitation pulling the pin for the sake of public health and safety, and here is the NRL pulling all stops (including private planes now?) to keep going.

Listening to Kent justify to keep playing was almost comical. Clearly, his fat pay cheque at Fox is in jeopardy if there is no NRL to talk about.

Shows what an amateur organisation the NRL that there is no disaster war chest to call on during times like these. Despite the billions in TV money over the past 10-15 years, and the game only has cash for 3 months before folding??

Just makes you shake your head regarding the dopes running the game.
Yep. Embarrassing.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Ok. Just wishing you all the best. It was genuine.
OK.

I'm happy to give people the benefit of the doubt. Some folks get caught back flipping away from a sanctimonious position, but not you.

In retrospect, I should have handled it differently...
Are you expecting a refund? Really?

I have Boy And Bear concert tix. The event was cancelled. In the scheme of things a refund is not even a consideration, although I’ll probably get one. I’ll actually refuse it if possible because the band and venue will be doing it tough for a while.
What wonderful gesture from a wonderful human being. Boy and Bear are sure to be extremely grateful.

Quite clearly, you are a true fan. It certainly gave me something to think about.

Wishing you all the best.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
From the Club,...

MEMBER UPDATE

Game entry and ticketed memberships

Spectators won't be allowed into Netstrata Jubilee Stadium on Friday, following the code-wide decision by the NRL to play Round 2 of the Telstra Premiership in empty venues.
This follows the Council of Australian Governments (COAG) and Prime Minister Scott Morrison's suspension of all public gatherings of more than 500 people from Monday, March 16

The Dragons will comply, in the name of health and safety, with any and all future directives from the NRL, State and Federal Governments.

In regards to ticketed memberships, as you can appreciate, the situation is changing quickly and the impact to matches this season is not yet fully understood. As we work through various items, we will regularly update you with information about your membership.

We thank you for your patience and value your support as we work through this unprecedented information.

You can read more regarding the situation at hand concerning Round 2 through the NRL's recently provided statement by clicking here.

Member events

All member events have been postponed until further notice due to the coronavirus pandemic. This includes the Wollongong Open Training event which was scheduled to take place on April 4. Members will be contacted once more information is available.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
From the 'clicking here' link in the above post (from NRL.com)...

Dear NRL Fan,

As you may be aware, matches in Round 2 of the NRL season will be closed to the general public.

The NRL and Clubs are currently working with ticketing agents and the Game’s other partners to provide refunds to fans that have purchased single-game tickets to Round 2.

If you have purchased a ticket for a Round 2 game, you should expect to receive an email communication from Ticketek in the coming hours.

Please review that email carefully and take any steps that are required to access that refund. The email will be sent to the email address you have provided Ticketek.

For all fans who have purchased single-game tickets to matches in Round 3 and beyond, we will be in touch with information as the approach to that Round is decided.

The NRL and Clubs are working in parallel to resolve questions that ticketed members and corporate hospitality patrons have in relation to this unprecedented situation. Both groups are extremely important to us – we are committed to keeping you up to date and appreciate your patience.

For all fans, we truly value your support as we work through the situation and respond.

Kind regards,

The National Rugby League

jeffdragon

Bench
From the 'clicking here' link in the above post (from NRL.com)...

Dear NRL Fan,

As you may be aware, matches in Round 2 of the NRL season will be closed to the general public.

The NRL and Clubs are currently working with ticketing agents and the Game’s other partners to provide refunds to fans that have purchased single-game tickets to Round 2.

If you have purchased a ticket for a Round 2 game, you should expect to receive an email communication from Ticketek in the coming hours.

Please review that email carefully and take any steps that are required to access that refund. The email will be sent to the email address you have provided Ticketek.

For all fans who have purchased single-game tickets to matches in Round 3 and beyond, we will be in touch with information as the approach to that Round is decided.

The NRL and Clubs are working in parallel to resolve questions that ticketed members and corporate hospitality patrons have in relation to this unprecedented situation. Both groups are extremely important to us – we are committed to keeping you up to date and appreciate your patience.

For all fans, we truly value your support as we work through the situation and respond.

Kind regards,

The National Rugby League
Season ticketed members have to wait,longer.
There's only a few sports going ahead but not for long.
Look like this season all junior league games from under 6s will be suspended on Wednesday.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Season ticketed members have to wait,longer.
Well, we're a slightly more complex proposition. Long division is required.

As you can see below, it will take Einstein to work it out...

Season price (x) ÷ total games (y) = mc2.

Not happening at the speed of light I'm afraid.

TBH, the only part I get is that we have to be patient.

Onto other stuff...
Dopes in the media saying the game will be broke in 3 months are not helping. Last weekend, Vlandy ftom the ARL wasn't talking up the game's stocks either, practically begging for money from the government.

Meanwhile... on ABC News...
There's a professor in a Brisbane hospital lab saying they need funding to distribute a potential cure. Not a vaccine, but a treatment that might stop covid-19 in its tracks. Might save lives and free up hospital beds around the world.

Funding needed = $750,000. He said it might blow out to $1.5 million "or more". FMD if they don't have a couple of million in their kitty by tonight there's something wrong with the bureacracy.

There's reason for some cautious optimism.

Father Ted

First Grade
From the Club,...

MEMBER UPDATE

Game entry and ticketed memberships

Spectators won't be allowed into Netstrata Jubilee Stadium on Friday, following the code-wide decision by the NRL to play Round 2 of the Telstra Premiership in empty venues.
This follows the Council of Australian Governments (COAG) and Prime Minister Scott Morrison's suspension of all public gatherings of more than 500 people from Monday, March 16

The Dragons will comply, in the name of health and safety, with any and all future directives from the NRL, State and Federal Governments.

In regards to ticketed memberships, as you can appreciate, the situation is changing quickly and the impact to matches this season is not yet fully understood. As we work through various items, we will regularly update you with information about your membership.

We thank you for your patience and value your support as we work through this unprecedented information.

You can read more regarding the situation at hand concerning Round 2 through the NRL's recently provided statement by clicking here.

Member events

All member events have been postponed until further notice due to the coronavirus pandemic. This includes the Wollongong Open Training event which was scheduled to take place on April 4. Members will be contacted once more information is available.
I think I'll grab someone like TP and walk circles around the ground during the game in my cap face mask shorts and thongs, I'll let out some encouragements when required ,dab some hand sanitizer on any ball I find . Willow if you could arrange a Mr Whippy van a great day could still be had

874BA5D7-EB43-4A30-8BA9-687216DE924F.jpeg

9681E9ED-372F-4694-B29E-DFA7A3034FC7.jpeg

One of our tigers lu posters has the co-vid.

Everyone welcome to join us and support him on our co vid thread.

We are all ultra hard core prevention and containment.

Last edited:

redVinme

Juniors
Can't we do what souths fans want to do? Not sure if it's been posted in here but souths fans are committing to sign up early for season 2021 membership. To help the financial strain. Maybe we can all commit to 2021 if they sack Mary?

Latest posts